• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trolling

ems

I really have an issue with Internet Trolling, even in it's so-called 'mildest form'

It REALLY riles me!

See attached example....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170901-205748.png
    Screenshot_20170901-205748.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 0
Well, I myself live under a bridge, so perhaps I wouldn't be the best person to friend of Facebook :p

I think the little ones would have better flavor and be more tender. If you really have to roast a billy-goat it would be awfully gamy, which would do better with oranges inside during the cooking to take away some of the gamy taste.

Since I am veggie, it would be necessary to feed any pushy goats to my cats. The oranges would probably not be necessary for them.

Maybe we need a troll cooking blog. :kissingcat::screamcat::smirkcat::tongueclosed:

I think the little ones would have better flavor and be more tender. If you really have to roast a billy-goat it would be awfully gamy, which would do better with oranges inside during the cooking to take away some of the gamy taste.

Since I am veggie, it would be necessary to feed any pushy goats to my cats. The oranges would probably not be necessary for them.

Maybe we need a troll cooking blog.
Isn't it odd how on this thread about the grievances of trolling, we are now trolling about tolls eating goats? :p

The "call the fb police" comment? Is that really trolling though? Seems like the person is just trying to be funny.

Also, I wouldn't put pictures of a child on the internet if I were you (too many screwed up people here), but if you're sure you want that page up, see:

Facebook staff said:
Pages are public spaces so people can access them whether they have liked the Page or not. However, you can place certain age and geographical restrictions on your Page.

If you want to make your Page completely private, I'd suggest you create a group instead. Pages allow real organizations, businesses, celebrities and brands to communicate broadly with people who like them. Groups provide a space for people to communicate about shared interests and allows for more Privacy options.

On the subject of trolling, I'm not a fan of it, and I mean actual trolling, not just playful banter or opposing opinions (which some people do see as trolling, lol, go to any Facebook thread and you will see people complaining about all the trolls trolling by having bad opinions, and they're probably also bots, or paid by some foreign government, because why else would they have those opinions, anyway.. :tearsofjoy:). I mean trolling like actually just going out of your way to be an ass to people. I don't see the point in it, and there is enough negativity in the world as is.

Yes I understand your point about harmless humour

The real issue is not in the troll response

It's in my reply

I said my disabled child is on the page and THAT'S why I need ADVICE to make it PRIVATE.

if my Facebook page was harmless fun and my child's photos were not on it, I would have took the joke as hilarious, because IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY IN THAT CONTEXT

here's the reason why I was seriously asking advice to make it private.
Parents warned about sharing back-to-school photos of kids online - Independent.ie

Last edited:
It is a "public page" kind of page, right? Or is it another Facebook profile?

If it's a "page", your only option is to remove it all, honestly.

If it's a profile you made, you can go to "Settings" in the upper right and then navigate to "Privacy". You can't make it completely invisible but if you also set all their photos to viewable by "only me" then it should be fairly private.

One person's troll is someone else's version of someone trying to be funny.

Usually the person trying to be funny fails horribly IMO.

One person's troll is someone else's version of someone trying to be funny.

Usually the person trying to be funny fails horribly IMO.
Proof, I am a true troll. All my unfunny jokes fall flat! ;) Hopefully I don't look like one though...

I'm indifferent to most trolling, because ultimately they want attention.

I low-key trolled a guy on a comic con group I'm on this morning though, because he's a massive douche. Nothing bad, just basically not giving him the responses he wanted me to give, just to annoy him.

The true definition of trolling means someone who is offensive and deliberately trying to be offensive. However, if an opinion is offered on LinkedIn, for example, and a counter-opinion is offered which the person may not like, then that is not trolling.

I find it offensive if someone believes their opinion is God-given and not to be questioned. If it is not to be questioned, then it should not be offered to the public.

Just a tip here: posting a screenshot from your phone like that one? Not a good idea :) the censoring on it is just barely adequate.

As for the other user in that screenshot, I wouldn't consider that trolling...more of a harmless joke if anything. I've seen (and have been the target of at least once) all kinds of trolling, ranging from flat out obvious and irritating to more sophisticated and subtle, and I don't see the point in engaging in it myself. Also, for what it's worth, a differing opinion isn't trolling, but try to convince anyone of that and...yeah. Go internet!

Dunno, some people seem to have a lot of free time and motivation...

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom