• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trick for sensory sentitivities makes things worse

Aspie_rin

Hey, so I'm kinda sensitive to lights and sound. Before I even learned that I was (I touhght everyone perceived things the same way I did) and decided to do something about it, these things would just make me feel really tired.

Now I sarted wearing earplugs and sunglasses and it's amazing, I'm a lot more productive and enegised (and therefore happier) now, and I can concentrate a lot better!

However, this made me even more sensitive when I'm not wearing them... now bright lights and loud sounds do not simply irritate me and make me feel tired, they became painful...

Is there anything I can do about it? Like a training of some sort? I really don't want to just take them off and revert back to how I was before... But if there is a better way that won't make my sensitivities worse, I'd gladly use that!

I used to take ADHD meds (I tought I had ADHD before I learned about aspergers) and it was helpful, but only for a while. I really don't like their side effects though, so I'd rather not take them again.

New Threads

Top Bottom