• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Traveler Beer and Employment

wanderer03

Had anyone seen the commercial for Traveler Beer? If not, the very essence of the commercial deals with the founder getting fired from every job he ever had. Then he turned his passion for beer into a living.

While watching this commercial, I realized that I've been fired from just about every job that I've ever had. Clearly the founder of Traveler Beer marches to his own drum beat, although I do not know whether or not he is on the spectrum. This commercial, while campy, has been an eye opener for me. I've been fired, forced to resign, and made so uncomfortable that I've resigned on my own - basically fired. I know I march to my own drum beat but I could care less at this point.

So maybe self employment IS the way to go for capable Aspies.

Try and be less confrontational and see 'shooting from the hip" as being acceptable in all situations. Diplomacy is possible when temper is moderated.

I'm sorry to be blunt but the purpose of this post was not seeking advice as to how I should handle myself in a social situation. I am a grown man and understand the art of diplomacy. It is rather an issue with patience (or lack thereof.) The commercial made me think of my own situation and feel less despair and loneliness.

a-wise-man-can-learn-more-from-a-foolish-question-than-a-fool-can-learn-from-a-wise-answer.jpg

Change "a foolish question" to....even an advertisement. :)

So maybe self employment IS the way to go for capable Aspies.[/QUOTE]

That is very, very true. I have been self-employed for eight years and my only regret is that I did not do it years earlier. From what I can tell, you certainly fall into that category.

Traveler Beer, the three-year-old shandy/fruit beer line operated by Boston Beer’s Alchemy & Science subsidiary, debuted its first national ad this week, a 30-second spot dubbed “The Road to Refreshment.” Starring Traveler president Alan Newman (and his yellow spectacles), the ad coincides with the national launch of the brand, which Boston Beer president and CEO Martin Roper detailed earlier this year during a fourth quarter earnings call. “I’ve been fired by every company I’ve ever worked for,” says Newman at the start of the ad. “The only things I was ever good at were traveling and beer.”

http://www.brewbound.com/news/press-clips-traveler-launches-national-ad-campaign

30 second ad is at the above link.
I had not seen it, so I looked for it.

So maybe self employment IS the way to go for capable Aspies.

That is very, very true. I have been self-employed for eight years and my only regret is that I did not do it years earlier. From what I can tell, you certainly fall into that category.[/QUOTE]
No argument there!!! Lol

How she worded that implies that "even a wise man can learn from an advertisement." It had nothing to do with you. Can you stop being so confrontational?

How she worded that implies that "even a wise man can learn from an advertisement." It had nothing to do with you. Can you stop being so confrontational?
I would like to see one of the admin's remind James Duncan of the AC code of conduct. We are here to support each other, not belittle.

I understand you'd like to see him punished, but it seems to me that you're just beating him with the book, and it's not helpful, either. Please inform a mod via PM if you need one, since they're not automatically notified of posts asking for help. Let's try and solve this with more civility than we've been treated with, or nobody comes out of this situation "in the right."

Tyty.

I understand you'd like to see him punished, but it seems to me that you're just beating him with the book, and it's not helpful, either. Please inform a mod via PM if you need one, since they're not automatically notified of posts asking for help. Let's try and solve this with more civility than we've been treated with, or nobody comes out of this situation "in the right."

Tyty.
To your point. I could have handled this better.

Thank you much. We'll get a mod around to it as soon as one's available, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I wanna say that self-employment is a good option for many Aspies, assuming you know how to jump through the hoops needed to start your own business. That's incredibly daunting for me, but being my own boss would be lovely... <3

To your point. I could have handled this better.

I don't see how.

The idea of the Bruce Lee quote was obviously
that by the processing of thinking a person can
derive insights even from unlikely sources.

One person misunderstanding that post and
making a fuss over it isn't the end of the world.

I saw that the OP grasped what I was saying
and that pleased me.
:evergreen:

I don't see how.

The idea of the Bruce Lee quote was obviously
that by the processing of thinking a person can
derive insights even from unlikely sources.

One person misunderstanding that post and
making a fuss over it isn't the end of the world.

I saw that the OP grasped what I was saying
and that pleased me.
:evergreen:
Lol! I am the OP :-D

I understand you'd like to see him punished, but it seems to me that you're just beating him with the book, and it's not helpful, either.

How is being informed of the rules a punishment?
It seems to me that being aware would be helpful.

New Threads

Top Bottom