1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trapped in with humanity

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by NecroCurator, Aug 29, 2019.

1. NecroCurator

NecroCurator Active Member

I was wondering whether I am the only one feeling constantly trapped in with humanity. Do you know how children trustingly believe that adults know what they are doing in their lives and in everyday situations? And do you know how at some point children lose that illusion at least regarding their parents, starting to view them as flawed mortals lost in life? People generally retain this illusion when it comes to some bigger institutions like states, the police or presidents and ministers. I have lost this illusion regarding practically everyone, and certainly regarding humanity at large.

I have been reduced to a state where I can only watch in abject horror as humans seek answers from all sorts of misguided notions. I don't think we are going to survive the climate change, provided we don't nuke ourselves to oblivion before it even comes to that. It doesn't matter if you're politically left or right, most people have no problems justifying this situation to themselves.

This doesn't mean that I don't recognize intelligent people anywhere. I do. They just tend to be researchers or other types of intellectuals who are systematically ignored. With what's going on in Amazon, Nigeria and Siberia, we are truly locked in on this planet, stuck with a clueless species.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince My future job title.

Yep. If you played the mass effect series. It was just like that. They ignored the threat until it happen. Then put Sheperd in charge. My advice live happily and do what you can.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fridgemagnetman

Fridgemagnetman I only have one V.I.P Member

I'm still ok,right?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. AloneNotLonely

AloneNotLonely Well-Known Member

Climate change won't kill us. Most of the north is just going to get a bit more pleasantly warm. Finally those poor Siberians are actually going to have a summer.

Nuclear war? There's an astonishingly good idea to survive that as well:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. oregano

oregano is on I-5 btwn Calif and Jefferson

I'm not so sure that climate change will kill off ALL of humanity, a lot sure but not all. The ones that survive certainly won't be living like people do today, however. Humans will be living far more primitively in the future. I plan on moving towards living a more primitive off-the-land life now while the sheeple still believe in the delusion that everything will be "made great again" if only they elect a certain guy president or if they use LED lightbulbs in their 4000 sqft mcmansion. When the cold reality hits that western civilization is irrevocably screwed the chaos will truly be something to behold, I don't want to kill myself just so I can get a good view of the big party (as I call it) when the sheeple finally realize that the gig is up. I don't want to be in the middle of it though, I'd rather watch from afar. In lieu of hitchhiking on a spaceship I'll settle for a few acres of land up in the mountains where I can live off the land.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Shamar

Shamar Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I have always had a hypothesis (or maybe supposition) that in groups intelligence is additive but stupidity is multiplied. Everyone has an intelligence factor and and a stupidity factor (show me a person who says "I have never done anything stupid," and I'll show you a liar). In most people, the intelligence outweighs the stupidity. For example, if you take a group of 10 people with an average intelligence factor of 1.2 and a stupidity factor of 1.05, you get a total intelligence of 12 and a total stupidity of 1.62. Intelligence far outweighs stupidity. If you do the same with 100 people, total intelligence is 120, and stupidity is 131. Aggregate stupidity is starting to outweigh intelligence. With an even larger number, say 435, total intelligence is 522, while total stupidity is 164947256. This helps explain a lot about Congress.

Hence the saying "Never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people."

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aspychata

Aspychata But this is my happy face.....

My ex was a conspiracy buff, so l read his magazines and kept a open mind. I feel there is always a little truth to everything we read. In AZ, the water level went down in a huge dam and never came back. I also read that states purchase water from other states. Water is obviously on the hit list. Control the water, you have power. Homelessness numbers are extremely high on the west coast. These numbers are increasing everywhere. The things they don't tell us are the questions we should be asking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

Viewing people and institutions in this way has made me more understanding and forgiving. I guess we went in different directions with that information!

And to be clear, I put "funny" cause of the picture.

9. Aspychata

Aspychata But this is my happy face.....

What truly frightens me is the amount of scientists that end up dead, or they leave the country. Look it up, it happens, the rogue scientists, they can't be manapliated to espouse the current corporate proproganda, particularly the pharmaceutical and the oil industry's agenda.

10. unperson

unperson Well-Known Member

Look up 'climategate'. It was a scandal associated with climate panic scientistics. I'm not worried.

As for the rest of your post, I totally agree.

11. Kalinychta

Kalinychta Well-Known Member

What you’re talking about is called deindividuation. People lose self-awareness in groups and absorb into the hive mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kalinychta

I completely agree, NecroCurator. My biggest hope for this planet is that humans become extinct as soon as possible. We’re a plague. A failed species. I want the planet and the other animals to be free again.

Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? It’s humanity’s future. I’d say we’re about halfway there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Shamar

I am well aware of the deindividualism concept, by several names. A good example is the Hippie movement of the late '60s. They showed their nonconformity by being exactly alike. I don't want to turn this into a political discussion (there is another part of the forum for that), but I don't see Congress behaving as a hive mind. It seems to be more "I want it done my way!!" Everyone wants to get their own bit into a piece of legislation, and the result is a confusing, conflicted mess requiring years of court battles to straighten out.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Kalinychta

Ha! That's funny re: the hippies. It's always like that everywhere you go. Most primates live in social groups because we need each other to survive, so fitting in is to an extent necessary. But humans just bring it to an absurd, macabre level.

Politicians have their own hive mind. Money, money, money, power, power, power... All governments are liars and murderers, as Bill Hicks once said.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shamar

As an Earth Scientist, I am more familiar with climate change than most. The climate is changing, has always changed, and will continue to change, so don't call me a climate change denier. What I deny is that humans have anything significant to do with it. I have not seen any scientifically valid evidence for a human caused climate change. On the contrary, I have seen a lot of evidence that shows we have little or nothing to do with it. If anyone has or knows of any valid evidence for anthropomorphic climate change, I would like to know about it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kalinychta

I’m afraid I don’t know very much about it. At any rate, all of the pollution, forest destruction, garbage, animal industry waste/pollution, water degradation,...these things aren’t good, even if human-caused climate change isn’t real, as you say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. unperson

unperson Well-Known Member

To shamar, I didn't mean to impugn everyone in the field, hence the use of the term 'scientistics'. Climate has always been changeable and always will change. I think we agree?

18. Baeraad

Baeraad Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well, I don't feel trapped in with humanity, if only because I'm pretty sure I'm as bad as anyone else. :p But I do have a similarly bleak outlook. I do think we'll probably (probably) survive, but I see things getting worse instead of better for the entire remainder of my lifetime.

I don't think listening too much to authority is our problem, though. At least not right now. It seems like the opposite to me - we're all so suspicious of each other that we can barely even communicate. The state, the police, the politicians? Does anyone actually trust any of those, in this day and age? And that lack of trust is at once perfectly justified and a huge problem, because large groups of people having entirely misguided faith in their leaders is the only way that anything ever gets done.

19. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member

The whole planet will one day end so I don't really worry about it.
    That is just a scientific reality. How the Universe works.
    As far as being a part of the hive mind of the masses...never have been, never will be.
    I never did listen to what my parents tried to tell me as they attempt to make you into
    their own work of art.
    Think for yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NecroCurator

NecroCurator Active Member

This is much more interesting than what it looks like at first. Yes, the planet will end in any case, but I think there is still an existential horror in the way it seems to end right now. If we died just because death is inevitable, there would be a certain closure to our story and existence in a sense. But now that we are dying out of sheer stupidity it puts a special emphasis on how totally void of justice or reason life can really be. Not just one life or one period of time, but all life in a very absolute sense.

I mean, if I die due to old age, that's just how the world works, but if I die because some group of clowns can't clean up their banana peels, and I slip and die, then that's a futile tragedy.

As to all the diet versions of denialism: I am sorry, but there is a very real threat of complete extinction due to climate change. I would go into greater detail but this isn't really a topic about that. My wife is a climate researcher and if she says this is the case, then I really have no better sources. Her colleques seem to agree with her. I know about the "climategate", and I also know how the actual content of the findings were not, in the final outcome of research, under question.

• Agree Agree x 1