• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Top 12 Fictional Pseudo-Christmases...

AGXStarseed

This is the last Christmas-related thread I do this year as in less than a week a good number of us will be staying up to midnight to bid 2019 goodbye (and possibly good riddance) to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.

In this case, I found this video that I wanted to share with you. Some stories - whether they're books, games, movies or shows and whether they're fantasy or sci-fi - bring in their own version of Christmas without been called Christmas.

In this top 12 video from Red and Blue of "Overly Sarcastic Productions" (who primarily do videos about history and mythology), the pair talk about "Pseudo-Christmas" celebrations from the real of fiction and judge them from worst to best - based on the creativity of the fictional holiday, the holiday's relevance to the story they're in and thematic relevance to the real holiday season.

Have a look and see what you think of their choices, whether there's any they missed and if you agree/disagree with their opinions:

This article is conspicuously missing Festivus (for the rest of us)!

I think Festivus was probably skipped because it's actually become a real-life alternative to Christmas, while the others - with possible exceptions for hardcore fans - have remained specific to the series/franchise they were created in.

New Threads

Top Bottom