• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Too Many Celebrities Lost, 2019

I went thru the whole list. I noticed many had lived to a quite advanced age, 70's, 80's and 90s. Some were already considered older when I was a kid. :eek: But if you ask to me name any this minute, the only two that come to mind are Doris Day and Grumpy Cat.

Seems like a staggering list...much longer than in other years.

Or maybe it's just me getting old along with all these people of various degrees of fame:

Stars we lost in 2019
Quite a list. Looks like more celebrities this year by my reckoning. I recognized or heard of about maybe 1 out of 3 or 4. Most years it is 1 out of 8 or 10.

A lot of them were not "household names", but perhaps "household faces". Those who may not have been widely known, but widely seen in bit parts.

Much of what was written in this analysis of the 2016 celebrity death toll applies to this year.

A more mundane (if slightly geeky) explanation is that this an example of statistical clustering, which is to be expected in any random process. I'm reminded of the case of the iPod Shuffle. Initially users complained that it wasn't random enough because it sometimes played two or more consecutive songs by the same artist. So Apple tweaked it to prevent this happening, which was effectively making the selection less random to sound more random. Go figure!

Star Trek: TOS was before my time, but I am grateful to my mother for getting me hooked on some stuff from her childhood. Star Trek is one of them. The "Charlie X" episode is such a classic, and I am sad that Robert Walker Jr., who played Charlie, is gone. I always felt like he looked like Robert Pattinson in that episode, or rather, Pattinson looks like him. RIP Mr. Walker. You don't have to worry about anyone laughing at you anymore.

New Threads

Top Bottom