• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today's violence

Hi; I create this topic in order to know if I'm correct or just overreacting sometimes. Hope to exercise my best English. :)

I won't get into politics, I will be crystal neutral. I am 27 and tired of today's violence, everywhere, from everyday things to things on TV. Rapes, murders, horrible acts of sheer evil. For example, in May, some terrorists attacked a maternity ward in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing babies and mothers ... is there anything more despicable?. That's extreme, but there are also examples of "violence" in everyday's acts. For example, I had to take money off the bank on behalf of my grandmother, and all the people in bad mood, insulting the employees of the bank and some getting rather physical.

I am disturbed sometimes by so much violence. But here comes the funny part, I even find UFC and other sports to be violent and make me feel like butterflies in stomach, but in a bad sense. I know that's stupid because it's just a sport, which harms nobody, but I find that "violent".

Am I overreacting or you do agree that today's world is indeed way too violent?. Well, that's my best English. Bless you all, cherish you all, love you all, from Argentina.

Yeah i agree. People seem to get angry very quickly in today's world and get violent(at least where i live) Logical debates without personal attacks do not exist and even on the internet it's a normal thing to verbally attack and bully people.
Being a hermit seems to be a good option in my opinion.

It does appear to be that way Federico, often it's more about what the press reports. In fact, violence is down worldwide.

falling-homicide-rate.png

Although it's not something the press reports all that much, or that we see all that often indicated.

I think that violence of any kind is reported online and within media simply because people will look at it. And any particular media source will use it, to skew reality.

Things have changed from early in my life, I saw more everyday violence among people when I was growing up. It's far less common that it used to be. Down the street from where I grew up, there was a bar, and there were fist fights every friday night. Kids fought with other children, parents hit their children and one another. It was not uncommon. Now I see much less of this kind of interpersonal violence.

It definitely still exists, yet, much of it seems specific to countries going through changes in perspectives along with poverty, drought, totalitarism and so many other factors.

Last edited:
Not just today's world; the world always has been a violent place, and always will be. Perhaps in historical times even more so. For some reason, people seem to have a fascination for it - it's a common theme in movies, TV series, crime documentaries, etc. I went to watch the movie Reservoir Dogs when it came out and didn't like it one bit, I can't see how anyone can find this... good, I just don't get it.

I am disturbed sometimes by so much violence. But here comes the funny part, I even find UFC and other sports to be violent and make me feel like butterflies in stomach, but in a bad sense. I know that's stupid because it's just a sport, which harms nobody, but I find that "violent".

UFC is not my thing at all, but I was watching something where UFC guy was talking about how with experience, such things were about moves and counter moves and all of it didn’t seem dangerous or scary.

Just passing along what I heard.

Although it's not something the press reports all that much, or that we see all that often indicated.

I think that violence of any kind is reported online and within media simply because people will look at it. And any particular media source will use it, to skew reality.

This is something that always needs to be kept in mind, and something I'm always going to repeat.

The news isnt about providing you with the facts. It's about providing the corporation behind it with an endless source of money. After all, Bob in accounting doesnt have enough mansions yet, they gotta fix that.

Heck, they arent even about providing you with ACCURATE facts. They'll happily skew things, if it gets them more views.

The reason why negative crap is the only thing that ever shows, is simply because it's what gets the ratings. It's the same for non-standard news too. Like, news related to only a specific industry. I follow the game industry, and I've DEFINITELY noticed that most news videos and articles are about scandals and problems within it. If you want to learn about more positive things that are indeed happening in it... you have to go looking, and it's not easy to find because it's buried under the easy-clicks bad things. Just like the "normal" news, the positive stuff doesnt get the clicks.

And that's how it is. They ignore the positive stuff, because Bob just cant get that third mansion that way. Which sounds like a joke, but it's only half joking. Alot of what is done is purely about getting the already rich higher-ups even more rich. That, unfortunately, is how most corporations work. Never, EVER trust corporations. Period.

I always give people the same advice: dump the news. Just dump it. It very literally exists to scare you into watching bloody stupid ads so that someone else can profit. That's it's entire function.

When you want info regarding a specific thing... put in the effort and really look it up. Look for a FOCUSED source that's actually interested in providing the real facts for that specific topic. Dont use a "here's everything and it all sucks (please give us money)" sort.

I fixed it for myself by no longer reading the news.

Still - occasionally I witness real life violence and it can be disturbing. Interestingly I find something like witnessing road kill more disturbing than seeing a person get hurt.

Priorities.

Ed

The world is too violent. The way you can ease others suffering is to be kind. Do everything in your power to make things easier for others who are suffering. Volunteer, donate, be a friend, pray.

This is something that always needs to be kept in mind, and something I'm always going to repeat.

The news isnt about providing you with the facts. It's about providing the corporation behind it with an endless source of money. After all, Bob in accounting doesnt have enough mansions yet, they gotta fix that.

Heck, they arent even about providing you with ACCURATE facts. They'll happily skew things, if it gets them more views.

Yes, they not only focus on all the negatives, but they also exagerrate or leave things out or get downright dishonest to make it even a more sensational news story or to make things more liberal friendly (most of media) or more conservative friendly (Fox News and talk radio).

Media is in the business of selling advertising spots to people who want to sell soap. They try to make theatre out of facts. They just don’t sell movie tickets, they sell advertising spots.

We are conditioned to watch the disarray, the evil, the crackpots everywhere.

The great news is buried, lost, filtered.

Because corporate America uses only one weapon to help you open your wallet.

Fear.
Fear of no toilet paper, (fill in your blank here- fear of ).

Hi; I create this topic in order to know if I'm correct or just overreacting sometimes. Hope to exercise my best English. :)

I won't get into politics, I will be crystal neutral. I am 27 and tired of today's violence, everywhere, from everyday things to things on TV. Rapes, murders, horrible acts of sheer evil. For example, in May, some terrorists attacked a maternity ward in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing babies and mothers ... is there anything more despicable?. That's extreme, but there are also examples of "violence" in everyday's acts. For example, I had to take money off the bank on behalf of my grandmother, and all the people in bad mood, insulting the employees of the bank and some getting rather physical.

Am I overreacting or you do agree that today's world is indeed way too violent?. Well, that's my best English. Bless you all, cherish you all, love you all, from Argentina.

I try to avoid the news in general, because it is too depressing. Also I agree with you regarding UFC. It is hard to get excited watching two people trying to inflict serious injury to.one another.

See, I see the real story as how much poor whites and enslaved blacks has in common in the old south, and how horribly slavery hurt poor whites, but how dangerous this was for the ruling classes (many of whose descendeants are commentators on CNN or MSNBC) that they tried to separate these two groups and create an unnatural rivalry, so the wealthy could remain in power

“Poor Whites Have Been Written out of History for a Very Political Reason”

Then how the long dead KKK was revived by a Hollywood movie

https://www.history.com/news/kkk-birth-of-a-nation-film

And so on

But this is not good news. Mohammed Ali’s story of his brave Irish ancestor having a life long marriage with a black woman despite power of ruling authority of making this out of line is not a topic for discussion, because it is inconvenient for working class people from West Virginia being dangerous hate mongers who sleep with their sisters and beat up gays and shoot at blacks, because they make good scapegoats for people whose ancestors actually benefitted from slavery like Anderson Cooper

But whatever, no one cares about reality. But reality is still actually that Irish immigrant man was in loving marriage with black Woman which led to Mohammed Ali

Muhammad Ali's Irish roots

I avoid the news at all costs now because it’s just so depressing. I don’t want to read about murder, wars and diseases and people being awful to one another. I just want to live a happy and simple life as best I can.

I’m pretty old, which means I can remember how things were in the past and compare them to today.

The news information we get has always been like click bait, just for ratings kind of thing. And the negative, the violence gets the views.

But something has changed in the last.. i guess ten years, and it has gone ballistic during the term of this current president. The powers that exist behind the scenes do not like this man probably because they can’t control him.

To me it seems we are in the middle of a white hot propaganda war. I can’t trust anything I hear from almost any news outlet. I have never seen anything even close to this in my entire life. I am 60 years old now. I have great fear for us all.

The propaganda is pitting us against each other. To get people to hate each other. Get them at each others throats. Its working wonderfully. The news is now violence.

I’m pretty old, which means I can remember how things were in the past and compare them to today.

The news information we get has always been like click bait, just for ratings kind of thing. And the negative, the violence gets the views.

But something has changed in the last.. i guess ten years, and it has gone ballistic during the term of this current president. The powers that exist behind the scenes do not like this man probably because they can’t control him.

To me it seems we are in the middle of a white hot propaganda war. I can’t trust anything I hear from almost any news outlet. I have never seen anything even close to this in my entire life. I am 60 years old now. I have great fear for us all.

The propaganda is pitting us against each other. To get people to hate each other. Get them at each others throats. Its working wonderfully. The news is now violence.

Creating unease and distrust, the public is now without a job to pay rent, and so on, we are ripe for the media's agenda.

Creating unease and distrust, the public is now without a job to pay rent, and so on, we are ripe for the media's agenda.

The US’s #1 recipient of foreign aid is Israel, the number is far more exagerrated if one considers the number of countries getting foreign aid for not opposing Israel. Europe is basically pro-Islam and these two sides are in battle over this

But what is the socially acceptable solution presented in the media? It’s all about evil working class racist white people, both in Europe and in the US causing hate against Jews and Muslims. Never mind that some poor person in West Virginia is not the root of all evil, it doesn’t matter because this poor person in West Virginia makes a great scapegoat to blame all the worlds problems on and just how evil they are, which distracts people to keep world governments and media institutions and various lobbying groups from facing any real criticism.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom