• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today is the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Cinnamon115

I love Peanuts, and A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorite tv specials. (I've even memorized it!) Are there any other Peanuts fans here? Share some of your favorite Peanuts memories if you want. I have to go to class now, so I will come back and say my favorite memory later.

It first aired on December 9, 1965. I think my favorite Peanuts memory was being bored at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida (I think that's the name of the place) till I saw the large display of Snoopy stuff they had. Snoopy and Charlie Brown were the mascots for the Apollo 10 mission, so I had fun learning all about that. I still have a picture of the giant space Snoopy statue there on my phone.

It's really big, my family went there right when it opened and left right before it closed, and we still didn't see everything.

50 years. Really? I was in the Army then. Wow, that makes me feel really old. Oh well. I am a Peanuts fan also. I used to watch it with my kids. My favorite character was Snoppy and all of the world famous people he pretended to be. I also liked Peppermint Pattie because she was rough and tough.

I would absolutely love to go to the Kennedy Space Center! I could spend days looking around there. The closest I have ever been to a place like that was the flight museum at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. I loved it, but my wife got bored so we were there for only a few hours.

clg114 was in the army.. My mom says I shouldn't go cuz I'll be a danger on the field? I wanna fight ISIL!

In those days we did not have a choice, you either joined or got drafted. I got a notice to report for a physical exam a few weeks after I graduated from high school. After that every recruiter in town called me and told me that I was on the draft list. I joined the Army so that I could pick my MOS (job) and not be in the infantry. If I would have had a choice, I probably would not have joined. The military is NOT a good place for Aspies.

In those days we did not have a choice, you either joined or got drafted. I got a notice to report for a physical exam a few weeks after I graduated from high school. After that every recruiter in town called me and told me that I was on the draft list. I joined the Army so that I could pick my MOS (job) and not be in the infantry. If I would have had a choice, I probably would not have joined. The military is NOT a good place for Aspies.
Thank you for telling me that? But maybe I could be an army chaplain?

We love Peanuts very well at our house. The pic is from the top of our entertainment center. ....

Attachments

• 1449884772969.jpg
    1449884772969.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 163
Thats's so cool! I've got a large Peanuts collection back at home set up like that. I didn't bring any of it with me to college... except my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. (I'd post a picture, but I have no idea how to take one with my computer).

I love Peanuts. I've a leather holder with Snoopy on it, on my key chain I've had for decades. When the Snoopy starts fading out I re-paint it so as not to lose it.
We have the Christimas tv show, and the vince guaraldi music for it too, which I never get tired of.

50 years. Really? I was in the Army then. Wow, that makes me feel really old. Oh well. I am a Peanuts fan also. I used to watch it with my kids. My favorite character was Snoppy and all of the world famous people he pretended to be. I also liked Peppermint Pattie because she was rough and tough.

I would absolutely love to go to the Kennedy Space Center! I could spend days looking around there. The closest I have ever been to a place like that was the flight museum at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. I loved it, but my wife got bored so we were there for only a few hours.
clg114, Hill Air Force museum is just north of S.L.C. in Ogden? If so, I've taken my kids there, a few years ago; we walked around until we ran out of daylight. Got to see the same type of plane a relative flew in as a navigator (wwll). Snoopy was with us in spirit.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

clg114, Hill Air Force museum is just north of S.L.C. in Ogden? If so, I've taken my kids there, a few years ago; we walked around until we ran out of daylight. Got to see the same type of plane a relative flew in as a navigator (wwll). Snoopy was with us in spirit.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

That is the place. So many big, glorious machines in one place. I really, really enjoyed that. We also went to the Lagoon, but I liked the museum more. Another really cool place in the area is Antelope Island State Park. A few years ago my wife was being treated at the University of Utah Hospital in SLC, so we were going down there about once a month.

I'm sure I've posted this before; here's a nice PBS documentary about Charles Schulz, the creator of Peanuts. I quite like the American Masters series, and I sure like Peanuts. Come to think of it, Peanuts comics must have been the first English stuff I read as a wee me.

New Threads

Top Bottom