• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

(To the writers) What do you enjoy the most about writing?

Daydreamer

Scatterbrained Creative
Personally, I would say that I enjoy;

-the fact that it has led to me learning new things, and also it has rekindled an interest in learning in general. Sometimes for a scene I'll have to research into specific areas to make sure that small details are correct. Which has helped me to discover things that I never would have considered otherwise. Creating a fictional universe with its own rules has improved my own understanding of the real world, because in order to break rules properly you must first understand why they are there and how they work. I'll admit that I see the irony in placing a rule on the concept of breaking rules. :D

- writing banter. There's just something so entertaining about sticking a bunch of characters in a setting together to have them make playful jokes with one another. In a similar vein, writing insults can be fun and often when the characters have just the right amount of similarity and contrast it's almost as if the dialogue writes itself.

- Adding sensory descriptions. However, I'll admit that I do have a tendency to focus on small details in a scene too much and sometimes fail to properly describe the main parts of a setting. Usually I have to go back and edit those in. :oops: Oh well, I'm still learning.

How about you? :)

Last edited:
Personally, I would say that I enjoy;

-the fact that it has led to me learning new things, and also it has rekindled an interest in learning in general. Sometimes for a scene I'll have to research into specific areas to make sure that small details are correct. Which has helped me to discover things that I never would have considered otherwise. Creating a fictional universe with its own rules has improved my own understanding of the real world, because in order to break rules properly you must first understand why they are there and how they work. I'll admit that I see the irony in placing a rule on the concept of breaking rules. :D

- writing banter. There's just something so entertaining about sticking a bunch of characters in a setting together to have them make playful jokes with one another. In a similar vain, writing insults can be fun and often when the characters have just the right amount of similarity and contrast it's almost as if the dialogue writes itself.

- Adding sensory descriptions. However, I'll admit that I do have a tendency to focus on small details in a scene too much and sometimes fail to properly describe the main parts of a setting. Usually I have to go back and edit those in. :oops: Oh well, I'm still learning.

How about you? :)
I enjoy writing because it really helps to me to communicate how I am feeling and get things off of my chest. I am so much better at written communication than I am verbally. This why I love to write - I am a much better written communicator.

As a YouTuber and potentially a game dev, I don't write in the conventional sense of the term, but when I write a script for a scripted video, such as an announcement/anything where I can 100% expect what to happen while recording, or when I write an outline for a game plot (just basic plot stuff that I'll elaborate on later), I enjoy it because I feel like I'm doing something productive and important outside of school.

New Threads

Top Bottom