• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tinder

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
So I downloaded the Tinder app last year after hearing it mentioned on Aussie soap Neighbours, and signed up for a free account, I've had a few matches including a woman from Southampton, England who wants to meet me! Problem with that is that I live in Sheffield, which is a good 4 or 5 hours North of Southampton, and I don't drive due to disability.

Would it be OK to arrange to meet kind of somewhere in between? Also, I'm not sure if I can do the whole long distance relationship thing.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's up to her, you'd have to ask directly. And I suppose if you do meet her you'd have to decide whether she's worth a long distance thing.

When we were dating, my wife and I made a LDR work for a year and a half. She was well worth it. Of course, it was only 2 hours and we both have cars.

I'm pretty sure that's up to her, you'd have to ask directly. And I suppose if you do meet her you'd have to decide whether she's worth a long distance thing.

Well I did make the first contact as I said, but she's not got back to me to date :(

You probably already know, but be aware that not everyone is as they seem on dating/chat apps/rooms Etc, in other words be cautious and careful, a lot of people are genuine, but for all you know you could be talking to someone who is looking to rob or scam people. Regarding the distance, I'd get to know them socially online for a while first and perhaps this could eventually progress onto telephone conversations (unless you hate using the phone like I do lol), otherwise there's a greater risk of travelling a long way just to be stood up and they're more likely just to get cold feet, remember they're probably being cautious too and asking so soon could even scare them off completely (I'd get to know them a bit better first even if they're local). If you do get a date, then until you know someone better always meet in a safe neutral location with other people around, and always do this on a first meeting.

Regarding travelling and meeting half way, well I believe in equal rights in every way, that means good and bad, if someone isn't willing to travel half way then they're probably not worth it as you obviously don't mean enough to them for them to put themselves out. Obviously the distance makes a long lasting relationship less likely to work, but if you get to know them and you both think you really like each-other it's still possible.

Edit:
PS: A common scam for certain women is to meet lots of men who live a good distance away, they will usually only meet in their home area as they won't put themselves out at the risk of not getting anywhere (this is extremely common in countries such as Thailand with Western "boyfriends", but it can happen even just in the UK), they pretend they really like each man they meet and that they're then their real girlfriend. Back home when apart, they will suddenly have a crisis where they desperately need money, you bail them out and the crisis's will never stop, then unbeknown to each man they're doing this to lots of people at the same time, scamming lots of money. They will often pick on who they see as more vulnerable men, often older than them. Being autistic and single we can have a dollar sign on top of our head. If you meet someone and it seems too good to be true and soon after they start asking you for money, alarm bells should ring.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom