• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time Saver : List of people with their heads screwed yo

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
Admission : I'm struggling with the list.

I took myself literally and couldn't get away from the image of screwing peoples heads on and off.

Then I thought about the box of lightbulbs in the garage which are all bayonet bulbs.
We only have screwtops in the house. I just keep buying bayonet bulbs.
Guess I'm a bayonet type of guy.

So,who would have the best head for a bayonet bulb I thought?
Herman Munster
Frankenstein
Richard Simmons?

What's that got to do with acronyms for fruit and vegetables? I hear you ask.

Breathe a new attitude nearly as stupid.

Ok.

I now really want celebrity headed light bulbs for my house.

My top 3.

1 Me,obviously. If your seen my head you'd know all about it.
2. Spock. Every house needs more Spock.
3 Darth Vader. I just want to light up his head against his will for some reason.

So,my question for you is, and I'm sure you've been asked this many times :

What are your top 3 heads you'd want to see in a celebrity head shaped light bulb?

Bayonet or screw top?

Be careful. Once you've read this,its very difficult to stop imagining screwing the heads off all the people you see.

Not like that!

:)

I had to look this up first, as I did not know what a bayonet bulb was. It's not a system I've seen in North America:

bases-1.jpg

Most common in canada is the screw cap.

Einstein, because his profile is so recognizable.
Edison or Tesla, because electricity.
Spider man, because we need one that looks good hanging upside down.

That's what I want. What I think we will actually get is just the generic Mickey Mouse silhouette that is stamped onto everything at Disneyland, and this guy from Buck Rogers:
unnamed.jpg

I love the way the military installs all those kind of bulbs in multiple fixtures, at the same time.

"FIX......................... BAYONETS!" :p

Last edited:
Mia is right -we only have screw tops here, never seen a bayonet. But do you ever wonder why you're in the dark?

Actually this thread nearly made me nauseous thinking of all the variations of fluorescent bulbs...and how non-standardized they could be. So much so that for a while whenever my kitchen overhead lights went out, I actually had to cut and shape the plastic on the bulb's connection to make it fit in the overhead fixture.

I used to cringe whenever those light bulbs died. Luckily after so many years the management changed the entire fixture to accommodate LED bulbs you simply screw on. No more jury-rigging light bulbs! :)

I had to look this up first, as I did not know what a bayonet bulb was. It's not a system I've seen in North America:

bases-1.jpg

Most common in canada is the screw cap.
Bayonet most commonly used in lower voltage systems and automotive.

All of my lights require bayonets. There are long bayonets and short bayonets btw. They aren't interchangeable either.

Headwise I would like, the Cheshire cat from Alice in wonderland, he sometimes appeared just as a head; & maybe Topcat and Barny? Or the 3 Aristocat kittens?

When I was reading this, all I could think of were the heads of people that I thought their heads were screwed on wrong. So let me try to get that thinking out of my head and come up with a positive for me. Of course, naturally I'd want Bullwinkle with the moose antlers sticking out from the bulb. Then tried to think of who would be the brightest bulb in the box, so maybe Einstein. Then George Harrison but I won't try to explain that one.

The original post jumps from one topic to another in a completely nonsensical way.

This whole thread is an utterly meaningless waste of time.

I love everything about it.

More, please.

Edit, to explain myself: What I love about it is that my mind skips around this same way, like a chess knight on a diesel-powered pogo stick jumping all over the board. In polite conversation, I have to keep it reigned in and only say one of the top 3 results my Head Google returns. It's fun to see signs that someone else's mind jumps all over the place, too.

Last edited:
I actually have a bayonet. It was a gift ftom an uncle. Need it for the rebellion against light bulbs. WE DEMAND NEON LIGHTS!!!
AT DAWN WE CHARGE!!!

For some reason l can't get my head around this, l blew a fuse. I still feel in a scary movie after reading OP post. To literal for me.

The original post jumps from one topic to another in a completely nonsensical way.

This whole thread is an utterly meaningless waste of time.

I love everything about it.

More, please.

Edit, to explain myself: What I love about it is that my mind skips around this same way, like a chess knight on a diesel-powered pogo stick jumping all over the board. In polite conversation, I have to keep it reigned in and only say one of the top 3 results my Head Google returns. It's fun to see signs that someone else's mind jumps all over the place, too.

I demoted this from winner to funny.

Edited to add :
I didn't need your life story.

Edited to add more
Yeh, I'm the same. I may upgrade it later.

Then George Harrison but I won't try to explain that one.

Unfortunately that is the only one you need to explain.

Remember the lightbulb will be soundless. Is that the reason?

The joy at his soundless lit up head.

(I still listen to him occasionally)

New Threads

Top Bottom