• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

JNZ

Flashback to my senior year of high school. I was having a thumb war with a classmate, and my friend is laughing and points out that I’m doing the same moves with both of my hands, the one that’s playing and the other “resting” one too! It’s kind of hilarious. Anyone else experience this? Or in something similar you do with hands?

Thumb war - Wikipedia
upload_2019-6-9_19-17-10.png
upload_2019-6-9_19-17-54.png
upload_2019-6-9_19-18-31.png

I was having a thumb war with a classmate, and my friend is laughing and points out that I’m doing the same moves with both of my hands, the one that’s playing and the other “resting” one too!
Maybe your other thumb was the first one's trainer...?
full

I never played thumb war either.
But, doing the Mr. Spock live long and prosper thing was popular and a lot of us were trying to do that.
It came natural to me to be able to do both hands instantly at the same time.
I met Mr. Nimoy once and he said people came up to him showing how they could make the Vulcan sign.
But, he said he always asked if they could do it with both hands at the same time.
Most people could not.
th0FZA3HX7.jpg
I never saw him do both at the same time! :rolleyes:

There's a condition called congenital mirror movement disorder that's basically you can't do something with one side of your body without the other side mimicking it. Not saying you have that, just thought I would pop in with this grain of info ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom