• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Through the Eyes of VR #2: From Blank Books to Useful Diagrams

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I have a bunch of mostly-blank notebooks lying around that I need to make proper use of, as I have written down some procedures for certain things such as panic attacks, how to properly clean my room or the house, how to stay organized etc. However, my learning style is more visual than literary and I have found that i learn things faster if the instructions are given through imagery rather than written word.

The reason i chose this style for staying organized is (brace yourself, i'm about to start rambling about VR games again), i've watched most gameplay videos of VR games, and noticed that lots of VR games make use of books the player has to read from in order to accomplish a certain type of task; for example, A Township Tale has books for crafting stations that have diagrams that tell you how everything is supposed to happen, and how.

I need to adapt this style of diagram to my schedule and my organization skills, but it's kinda unclear how i could go about doing this. Normally i'd do the work myself but it just seems like a lot to think about, and i just figured "two heads are better than one" would be a nice way of thinking asking you guys for help.

As i always say, anything you guys can tell me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So some of that is a bit mysterious to me. I would suggest a study of the habits of successful people, these are often easiest to gain from reading biographies, and autobiographies. There are a few important authors that I know for sure you would like.

Charles Maxwell is a world renowned author and motivational speaker, my favorite thus far of his many works is called;
Your Roadmap for Sucess

I have it on the old fashioned type of media, but it's available as an audiobook I believe. It's the author reading his own work, and it's like chocolate ice cream in the shade. The guy has such a soothing voice. The content is worthwhile too.

So I've asked around and found echoes of this aspect of my self I others.

For philosophy, I like to hear information, like an audiobook, or a sermon, or music that inspires.

For technical things, I like to be able to read from a book, and to remember things I have to write them down.

I can still remember chunks of an outline I did on a book like thirty years ago. It's basically a fleshed out table of contents. Some people hate the sound of thier own voice, but it's all you have sometimes. If I listen to a recording of me reading something, while I am looking at the text in my hand, it seems to make a more vivid and permanent impression, and i have better recall of details.

This is why I can recall the text without looking it up, almost. It works better if you renew it ocassionally. I would like you to study a construction critical path chart, I will try and post a partial of one, and see if this is the kind of diagram you mean. I have also heard it called critical path priority chart, and I think also,
"decision tree"

Last edited:
Sorry the pic is so poor, it's from an old book. Critical path is nodes, lines and descriptions. There are more complicated ones, I'm not sure what a good search path would be to find it. It's an important technology.

Hopefully you can see it. It shows steps, how they relate, what sequence they happen in(nodes) and how one step requires the result of another node to complete.
20211129_201038.jpg

So I believe that this is not a
"flow chart", that is another type of chart.

This doc is from an old book on construction methods for homebuilding. I think that the critical path decision tree is fairly modern, I believe it may be part of something called statistics and dynamics, procedure control, critical path.

So is that the chart that you wanted? There is another topic, uts a modern one. It's called "time blocking" I think it's about priorities and task scheduling. The first time I saw that decision tree chart I was enthralled, it's why I keep the book mainly.

The topic of who is your favorite motivational speaker is a fun way to get the ball rolling. Many smaller churches record and distribute Sunday services complete, songs and sermons and all the rest, all.on a CD. They mostly give them away. Its fish food for Aloe! Feel good stuff, to tuck in to your brain, like feathers in a pillow. The good stuff displaces the bad, you choosing to invest in yourself, alters your course, the world changes around you. Best wishes!

Thanks Skittle! And wow, i can't believe you remembered my imaginary friend :)

New Threads

Top Bottom