• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thought I would share this experience.

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I was asked by an elder from my congregation if he could interview me, regarding my bible studies I have? I agreed EVERY RELUCTANTLY and after the call, anxiety kicked in big time, so I cried to my God, Jehovah and from that moment, right to the early morning, anxiety vanished. I felt nervous, but calm. Started to over think in early hours of the morning and so, asked for a top up lol and sure enough, Jehovah listened and once again, calmness. I was able to get on with my day ( when anxious cannot function).

As the time was looming closer, I decided to ask again for help and Jehovah helped. Even when entering my Kingdom Hall, anxiety was minimal and as the time got closer and closer to the brother going on the plateform to discuss the book: Enjoy life forever - and I sensed it was time to go up myself, anxiety was minimal and then, I just went into automatic mode. Could not believe it, when we got a round of applause straight after we finished!

The brother obviously made the interview very short, knowing that it was highly difficult for me being up on that plateform.

What I was scared of most, was not understanding his questions and not being coherant enough, but according to others, listening, I did an amazing job.

Which religions refer to God as Jehovah? I know JW's do, because one time when they came door to door they asked me what the real name for God was, and when I remembered it, they were elated I said Jehova.

Just read on, and Kingdom Hall, I swear that's what the JW's church in the town I lived in was called. Could be wrong.

It's good that the interview was short. Being up on a platform is very nerve wracking. It's good that others saw how well you did. Often we judge ourselves too harshly, when in reality we've done very well, all things considered.

Ed

Which religions refer to God as Jehovah? I know JW's do, because one time when they came door to door they asked me what the real name for God was, and when I remembered it, they were elated I said Jehova.

Just read on, and Kingdom Hall, I swear that's what the JW's church in the town I lived in was called. Could be wrong.

It's good that the interview was short. Being up on a platform is very nerve wracking. It's good that others saw how well you did. Often we judge ourselves too harshly, when in reality we've done very well, all things considered.

Ed
Indeed, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses lol and thus, that is my faith. And you are not wrong, because that is what we name our place of worship.

How was it founded? Does the word Witness in the religion name bear any significance on the founder's story?

Ed

How was it founded? Does the word Witness in the religion name bear any significance on the founder's story?

Ed
1931 at a convention in America, we were named, Jehovah's Witnesses. Before then, just bible students. One man, who did not agree with what his church was teaching, decided to branch off on his own to study the bible deeply and discovered things, that made him decided on a different course and other joined him and they called themselves, bible students ( however, need to confirm that one).

Witness literally means that we are witnessing the truth about God.

That origin story reminds me of the Plymouth Brethren. My third job was run by the Brethren and their founder translated the bible from Hebrew and Greek. His name was John Nelson Derby. As with many people of that era, he had wonderful facial hair:

1666881513927.jpeg

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom