• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This year has been a nightmare so far

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
This year has been a nightmare for me on so many levels so far. It’s honestly been worse than the previous year which I thought could never be topped.

On the day this year started, I got “sexploited” by an online stranger. The person in the video was a woman but a male voice spoke after a few minutes and I got a message being told I had been recorded. The person threatened to expose me on social media and I had to delete my Skype account.

I also applied for a new job to escape the one I’ve been stuck with for many years now but I didn’t even get an interview. In fact, I waited the entire day I was supposed to get a call and did not get one. I kept showing my interest but that didn’t change anything.

The speed dating event in my area kept getting postponed and eventually got cancelled. Initially it was due to bad weather, then because more people were needed, then “Wedding Season” happened, and finally the whole event was scrapped. I thought I had found a Meet Up group I could actually join in and be a part of but the last event with them was extremely disappointing and history repeated itself.

I have also been suffering from vivid nightmares when I sleep, bad chemical imbalances from my medications, my amygdala has become extremely irritable, and there is no sign of hope that things will ever get better for me.

I hate vivid nightmares. Those end up ruining your whole day. I went for one job interview at a medical/spa clinic and they were simply trying to entice clients to try their services. I was pissed.

No doubt about it- bad year for a lot of us for many different reasons. But this forum really helped. I am so grateful for all the members here.

there is no sign of hope that things will ever get better for me.
Just because there's no sign doesn't mean they won't get better.
I also applied for a new job to escape the one I’ve been stuck with for many years now but I didn’t even get an interview. In fact, I waited the entire day I was supposed to get a call and did not get one. I kept showing my interest but that didn’t change anything.
That job wasn't right for you. You were escaping from something you did not want rather than going towards something you did.
On the day this year started, I got “sexploited” by an online stranger. The person in the video was a woman but a male voice spoke after a few minutes and I got a message being told I had been recorded. The person threatened to expose me on social media
Well, whatever you thought was going on there you won't do again. Lesson learned.

Try not to dwell on what's happened. Just know that life is a lesson and you are doing fine. Now it is time to imagine what you would like to do, if you could do any kind of work, something you would love, what would it be?

I try to focus on the positives rather than the negatives. It's not always easy to do, but every day you can put one foot in front of the other is a good day in my opinion.

As far as your amygdala's concerned, your awareness means you've got the tools to calm it. I'm in the same boat, issues caused by what sort of ranks as diagnosis in the 60s have left me in CPTSD. The good news is that I've successfully drained a simple case, and there's a pattern to the different healing techniques. Peter Levine gave up too soon, the same mechanism that avoids initial traumatisation also allows us to heal later. We just need to switch our know-it-all cognitive function off for a bit, in a meditative state, and have an emotional reason in our limbic system to replace the trauma hurt with. The different healing methods simply put you into that state so your animal brain can heal itself.

I'm not going to sugar coat my reply, because I see no value in doing so.

First off, negativity is a very prolific breeder.
Find some positive interests to occupy your mind, or you will continue in a downward spiral.
Your medical issues need to be addressed by a professional asap.
They could well be the root cause of most of your bad experiences.

Sexploited? Easy one, quit going to places where it can and will occur.

Speed dating? Give me a break here, we on the spectrum generally suck at communication on the fly.

Meetups? It seems fairly obvious that it is most likely a losing proposition for most involved at this point in time.

New job quest? Getting shot down on one application isn't the end of the world.
Everyone suffers slumps in their searches.
At the minimum, go find some volunteer work in an area that holds your interest, it might just change your entire outlook and your desire for relationships with others.

Ten years ago, I suffered a horrible motorcycle accident where I had to relearn how to first talk, walk, then read. My left arm was merely a limp flipper, so I thought I would have to face a new life as a one armed bandit.
The pill list was both astounding and dangerous.
I had an awesome career where I made it to the upper reaches of the ladder that got dashed in mere seconds.

They told my family while I was still in a coma that I would never be more than a wheelchair bound burden who couldn't think for himself.
They knew I would never accept that kind of a life so they had to make the hard decision to say their goodbyes and had me removed from life support.
They even made my final arrangements and picked out my box.

Guess what?
Inside of that frail shell of a man, I still found hope that I would somehow overcome my obstacles, and sure enough, I exceeded even my own expectations.
I died twice too, so been there, done that and burned both of the t-shirts.
It's not been an easy task for sure, but I am still winning each and every day.
No more pills.
I can now run with ease and even climb ladders.
Rode that infernal motorcycle just two years removed from my wreck too.
I rebuild complex machinery for both personal use and fun.
That left arm? Only limited in movement in one direction.Strong as all get out too.
Obviously, I proved all of them wrong.

I owe it all to hope and the power of positive thinking.

Last edited:
I spend my time getting up waiting for the latest Covid numbers putting them on my SPC chart, similar too when I was working just different data. Following the politicians and doctors, can see that the errors they are making so obvious lack of inter-disciplinary mixing causing
real mistakes. A process is a process and can be controlled in this case I am just a spectator watching from the side lines.

This year has been a nightmare for me on so many levels so far. It’s honestly been worse than the previous year which I thought could never be topped.

On the day this year started, I got “sexploited” by an online stranger. The person in the video was a woman but a male voice spoke after a few minutes and I got a message being told I had been recorded. The person threatened to expose me on social media and I had to delete my Skype account.

The speed dating event in my area kept getting postponed and eventually got cancelled. Initially it was due to bad weather, then because more people were needed, then “Wedding Season” happened, and finally the whole event was scrapped. I thought I had found a Meet Up group I could actually join in and be a part of but the last event with them was extremely disappointing and history repeated itself.

I have also been suffering from vivid nightmares when I sleep, bad chemical imbalances from my medications, my amygdala has become extremely irritable, and there is no sign of hope that things will ever get better for me.
praying

I'm not going to sugar coat my reply, because I see no value in doing so.

First off, negativity is a very prolific breeder.
Find some positive interests to occupy your mind, or you will continue in a downward spiral.
Your medical issues need to be addressed by a professional asap.
They could well be the root cause of most of your bad experiences.

Sexploited? Easy one, quit going to places where it can and will occur.

Speed dating? Give me a break here, we on the spectrum generally suck at communication on the fly.

Meetups? It seems fairly obvious that it is most likely a losing proposition for most involved at this point in time.

New job quest? Getting shot down on one application isn't the end of the world.
Everyone suffers slumps in their searches.
At the minimum, go find some volunteer work in an area that holds your interest, it might just change your entire outlook and your desire for relationships with others.

Ten years ago, I suffered a horrible motorcycle accident where I had to relearn how to first talk, walk, then read. My left arm was merely a limp flipper, so I thought I would have to face a new life as a one armed bandit.
The pill list was both astounding and dangerous.
I had an awesome career where I made it to the upper reaches of the ladder that got dashed in mere seconds.

They told my family while I was still in a coma that I would never be more than a wheelchair bound burden who couldn't think for himself.
They knew I would never accept that kind of a life so they had to make the hard decision to say their goodbyes and had me removed from life support.

Guess what?
Inside of that fail shell of a man, I still found hope that I would somehow overcome my obstacles, and sure enough, I exceeded even my own expectations.
No more pills.
That left arm? Only limited in movement in one direction.Strong as all get out too.

That's a HUGE sucess story. I hate to say but you probably should be marketing motivational speeches to buy more fun toys.
I don't have one iota of what you have but lows are lows despite our handicaps. People we love who don't loves us back, there is no magic pill, no motivation speech, no cure........

That's a HUGE sucess story. I hate to say but you probably should be marketing motivational speeches to buy more fun toys.
I don't have one iota of what you have but lows are lows despite our handicaps. People we love who don't loves us back, there is no magic pill, no motivation speech, no cure........
In the past, I did do motivational talks for my TBI peers as a way of offering hope. I haven't really done any for a while, but always look back on it as a great way to help others who shared my plight.
One of the most important life lessons I got out of my trauma was being able to see that no matter how bad you think you have it in life, there will never be a shortage of individuals who would love to trade places with you to have it as good as you do.

Last edited:

Guess what?
Inside of that frail shell of a man, I still found hope that I would somehow overcome my obstacles, and sure enough, I exceeded even my own expectations.
No more pills.

That professional evaluation your family received could not have been more inaccurate.

For some of us there is no way to prevent us from accomplishing amazing things. For others there seems to be no way to get any thing done to the extent where we are happy.

Humanity is starting to learn we all create our physical reality based on our belief in self. The human mind with its expectations is so Very Powerful.

The self empowered person is always happy. Those that are not like this must depend on other factors for their happiness and well being.

I find that you can not logically convince any one about any thing. That the way their mind works is either able to grasp evolved concepts or it is not. There are many who advocate the Law of Attraction as a guideline for effective positive thinking. Yet that seems to work well for some and not others.

My understanding is that the autistic thinks in more elevated ways. A perfect example of that is your story. Yet this theory can not logically be proven. We can observe your experience and come to our own conclusions about it.

How to help some one shift their thought patters from negative to positive is very hard to do.

John

New Threads

Top Bottom