• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This winter!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
It's been a tough one for me, and I suppose everyone else here in western Canada too...

The extreme winter weather and heavy snowfall has affected most big events that I enjoy, finally got some snow to melt with some warmer weather, and now back into snow all again! Just in time for St Patrick's Day, where I live snow in March is pretty much part of life, but after how snowy the whole winter has been there, it's just getting very frustrating...

There "was" an outdoor event tomorrow for St Paddy's that I wanted to attend, apparently now cancelled due to more snow expected! *sigh* Yes, I've almost had enough of all this...

My good friend, who drives me crazy sometimes, just gives a glib response like "just deal with it, nothing you can do", that is true but I still feel very frustrated right now, and this feels like the last straw for me...

And I do know there is nothing I can do about it, but the way I'm feeling spring can't come soon enough! :mad:

As another in Western Canada I too have had more than my fair share of winter. I have a service truck for my technician job. I am tired of freezing every time I even have to go and get tools or supplies from it. I won't bother putting on a heavy jacket most of the time when I am just grabbing something quick. It is uncomfortable and comes with a slight realization that it is the beginning of a slow death. As in if you just stayed out there you would die eventually. I'm tired of wet boots from snow fallen inside. I am tired of working on mechanical equipment on roofs while being miserably cold.

I don't know why but this winter seemed extra long and cold some how. Very few sever cold days though. Not many days dipped below -30, and I'm pretty sure it never got as low as -40 as it sometimes does.

The cold weather is also effecting my health. It tends to make me make poor eating decisions. I don't feel like eating a salad when I am chilled to the bone all day. Give me something hot and heavy!. However I am now stuck with a goal of loosing 20 lbs, which if achieved should start making some faint notion of a 6 pack visible. :laughing:

Don't think we would be canadian if we weren't complaining about the weather, seems to be a favourite canadian sport outside of hockey. It's been relatively mild in the east, rarely below -20, this winter. Seemed to have missed those three weeks of -40 this year, which used to happen pretty much every winter in February.
Lots of snow, every day, and shoveling, snow is about four foot level here. I still think you're luckier in the west because you get the chinooks (or ice-eater's) coming down from the rockies, which can be a welcome change when it's freezing cold.

Winter came very late for us this year. Mild right up to the end of February. Then Old Man Winter bit us on the ass. Woke up freezing...get dressed and turn up the heat! Then go for some hot tea or cocoa.

Keeping the window shades mostly shut because of all the light from the snow outside. But with a few clear days most of it will melt. The only real hassle remains all the black ice you don't see on the road.

But then our winters aren't anything like the ones back east, let alone those in Canada. ;)

Last edited:
Don't think we would be canadian if we weren't complaining about the weather, seems to be a favourite canadian sport outside of hockey. It's been relatively mild in the east, rarely below -20, this winter. Seemed to have missed those three weeks of -40 this year, which used to happen pretty much every winter in February.
Lots of snow, every day, and shoveling, snow is about four foot level here. I still think you're luckier in the west because you get the chinooks (or ice-eater's) coming down from the rockies, which can be a welcome change when it's freezing cold.

Few if any chinooks this year, the snow just kept piling up, and had some very cold days!

Because of the snow and extreme weather, I'm stuck at my Parents' tonight and tomorrow, with their annoyingly slow Broadband, as I write I'm watching WWE Network and trying to download Titanfall 2, a 68 Gig game, and at the paltry download speed of about 2.5 Mb per second it'll take all night and then some.

But to be fair they've had phone and Broadband problems since last week, they had the Engineer out yesterday.

We've actually had a pretty tame winter here in Newfoundland. A bit of snow around Christmas but since that just 2 or 3 storms but nothing major.

New Threads

Top Bottom