• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This Stumps Me!

garnetflower13

V.I.P Member
I learned typing and such the old school way; on a typewriter. I have recently started submitting manuscripts, hoping for publication. I found that I was formatting my manuscripts wrong and am now struggling to learn how to produce a properly formatted title page using word processing.

I have mastered proper headers for the main manuscript pages, but still don't know how to do a title page without a lot of return characters going all down the page. Does anyone know how to format a title page for a manuscript to be submitted online?

You learned to type,that is good.I punch in every letter one at a time with one single finger,it takes forever to make a paragraph.I wish could type.

Office Word provides a few templates for title pages. If none of those are to your liking, I suggest adjusting line spacing - that way you can create bigger blank space without overusing the enter key.

You learned to type,that is good.I punch in every letter one at a time with one single finger,it takes forever to make a paragraph.I wish could type.

Yeah, this is half the battle really.

I can type at light speed myself, but only because it was absolutely drilled into my head during high school. Pretty much the only thing I learned during high school.

The learning process for it can be very tedious but it is VERY worth taking the time to do so. You can do it if you find the right learning method for it. It just takes some patience and alot of practice and repetition.

i agree with Misery. Back in the day, I could type sixty words per minute with only two to three errors, because I had it drilled into me from high school, business school, etc. One thing about today is that the keyboards on smartphones is different from how I was taught, and it slows me down.

Typing? Hahahahahahaha! I was forced into typing class in 10th grade. I could not touch type despite my best efforts. I cannot get my fingers to do something without looking at the keyboard. They don't go where I need them to go. Took years but I managed to get up to 30 wpm with 4 fingers, still looking at the keyboard.

i agree with Misery. Back in the day, I could type sixty words per minute with only two to three errors, because I had it drilled into me from high school, business school, etc. One thing about today is that the keyboards on smartphones is different from how I was taught, and it slows me down.

Smartphone keyboards will slow ANYONE down. Not really meant for fast typing. There's a reason why the spellcheck is so aggressive.

I have fond memories of propping my typing book on the book stand next to a humongous typewriter, and the lovely clacking sounds of the keys as I typed. There were drills that you could use to practice locating the keys and soon I was a touch typist. When the whole class was taking a timed typing test, it sounded like thunder!:D

New Threads

Top Bottom