• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This . . . Seems Oddly Specific . . .

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Hello, I was about to download Minecraft onto my new PC when I noticed this little sentence right here on the download page:
Screenshot (33).png

This seems quite . . . peculiar. Is Mincecraft somehow R-rated in SK?

Looked it up.

Apparently there's a freaking CURFEW on PLAYING VIDEO GAMES over there.

Microsoft, rather than get embroiled in what is surely a legal mess with a very bizarre and hard to enforce law, simply decided to up the age rating, so that only those who arent affected by the curfew can play it. Cant blame them, really. This way, there's no liability on their part.

Now, that being said, reading a bit more about that curfew and knowing how South Korean gamers have tended to approach some PC games (read: REALLY obsessively) it's actually a measure intended to protect the health of teens and adolescents. To a degree, I can understand this, sorta. I cant even overstate just how incredibly obsessed-over some games are over there, particularly something like Starcraft. Minecraft itself already has addictive qualities (which is what happens when you make a sandbox that can do pretty much anything).

So, it's not that it's a proper age-rating based on maturity (it's freaking Minecraft, of course it's okay for kids)... it's that it's a potentially very addictive game, and very specifically, a PC game (console and phone games are not affected, which makes no sense whatsoever) in a region where video game addiction is common.

It would seem that many people are advocating for this law to simply be removed. Extremely hard to enforce and it's also something that the freaking PARENTS should be doing (like, seriously, pay attention to your bloody kids, not your stupid phone!).

Anyway, that's just some of what I read about it.

Hello, I was about to download Minecraft onto my new PC when I noticed this little sentence right here on the download page:View attachment 69455
This seems quite . . . peculiar. Is Mincecraft somehow R-rated in SK?
might be a good idea for the USA, where children put a message on violent video game forums saying im going to shoot everybody at school,then the police go and arrest them, if they've managed to get to that particular home .

New Threads

Top Bottom