• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thai me, French kiss, Curry a favor

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
1. What type of food can you cook with no recipe?
2. What do you like to cook but need a recipe?
3. What type of restaurant is usually your first choice?
4. What is your takeout comfort food?
5. What is your fav restaraunt if money is no object?

For clarification: fast food, Gourmet, ethic, all choices are encouraged.
EDIT
If you wish too, what's the weirdest place you have taken a meal?

Last edited:
I only use recipes for something I don't know, which would be like cakes or bread, cos proportions matter in those things, maybe jams, stuff like that.

I like Vietnamese or Indian restaurants

Fave take out comfort food, oh cheeseburger or pizza.

Don't have a 'money no object' fave eatery cos I live in a rural area.

You gotta answer your own survey, aspychata.

1. Lasagne, no recipe needed.
2.Need recipes for Japanese, Hawaiian.
3.Chinese
4.Chinese/Mexican
5.Sushi

1. I have my personal way of cooking. I just focus on how it should taste and how it should look like and "feel" like under pressure, and because my taste and visual observation don't fail me, I adjust. I can cook a lot of stuffs with no recipe if I know the basic model I'm supposed to follow. Then upon that, I can add or mix things however I want.

2. If I need a recipe I most likely won't like to cook it and will very soon put the recipe in a corner... :D

3. Japanese

4. Kebab

5. The best gourmet restaurant with a nice view and clean + quiet environment, nice drinks and wine and small delicate gustative combinaisons, comfortable sits and calm polite and responsible staff. I know that restaurant but it was expansive so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked, and they closed.

Anything, with the exception of some asian cuisines, where I need recipes for spicing, technique and cooking time. Used to cook for a living.

My MIL's fruitcake, which is pages of ingredients and requires brandy, raspberry liqueur and three large specialized cake pans. Only make it once a year but it lasts forever:)

Asian; chinese, japanese, thai or vegetarian.

Pizza, had pizza last night and I'm still not hungry.

There's a well-known french restaurant in a nearby city, I've been twice. They also have a famous pastry chef, who creates plates of small interesting desserts that are the best I've ever had. He writes your name in chocolate on the plate so there's no question of who it belongs to:)

Last edited:
Anything, with the exception of some asian cuisines, where I need recipes for spicing, technique and cooking time. Used to cook for a living.

My MIL's fruitcake, which is pages of ingredients and requires brandy, raspberry liqueur and three large specialized cake pans. Only make it once a year but it lasts forever:)

Asian; chinese, japanese, thai or vegetarian.

Pizza, had pizza last night and I'm still not hungry.

There's a well-known french restaurant in a nearby city, I've been twice. They also have a famous pastry chef, who creates plates of small interesting desserts that are the best I've ever had. He writes your name in chocolate on the plate.

I remember some strange tradition that parents made fruitcakes for gifts and it had soaked in liquor for a couple months.

A professional foodie is in our ranks!!

A professional foodie is in our ranks!!

I realized years ago that I've memorized every recipe I've ever made or seen made. I once watched an old cooking show on television in the seventies, and realized that I could remember what the chef made and all the ingredients he used and how much. For some reason I can recall the dishes I was interested in making, and could do it from memory.

Last edited:
I remember some strange tradition that parents made fruitcakes for gifts and it had soaked in liquor for a couple months.

My MIL used to do that. She would have fruitcake year round many times when she wanted something sweet. Actually make the fruitcakes for a nearby retirement home each year.

For clarification: fast food, Gourmet, ethic, all choices are encouraged.

1. When I was married, I cooked spaghetti and fries for my ex. I also can cook pretty much anything in the microwave.
2. I help out with a variety of Christmas cookies, but couldn't bake them without a recipe. My mom and I do it together.
3. Mexican and seafood
4. Pizza, or to be precise, Hawaiian pizza
5. Red Lobster. Being born in Maine, I have developed a fondness for seafood, and loved eating lobster.

Chicken Basil Penne Pasta. I had this as an instant meal, and said, I can make this 1000x better, and it is one of my favorite meals. There is Chicken breast, yellow squash, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, basil, and penne. I love the way this smells and I could eat it everyday.
Anything baked. I could never eyeball that. Like cookies.
Cheesecake Factory.
There was this place called Dibella's in Rochester, NY that had the best sub sandwiches. With a pickle
I'd want an international chef to come cook for me, haha.

Chicken Basil Penne Pasta does sound pretty darn good. It reminds of Thai basil which is called Holy basil, little stronger then our basil, l can eat plates of it with noodles. l make pesto with no recipe, lots of basil in that. But instead of pine nuts, l use walnuts. Now l am getting hungry.

l make pesto with no recipe, lots of basil in that. But instead of pine nuts, l use walnuts.

Like using walnuts in pesto as well, probably because I like their taste better than pine nuts, it's also good to make with pecans.

I will have to try pecans. I love walnuts. I use Romano cheese also instead of parmesan. I like the stronger flavor.

1. moussaka
2. French cuisine, mainly due to cook this more aside then strain then chill as so on!
3.thai
4.Burger
5.Monica chef often judging on 'Masterchef' then 'Marcus' from the same show to cook dessert he has the most amazing twinkly eyes:rolleyes:

So true, made a peach cobbler yesterday and ate in one sitting, thank goodness for small baking dishes and the calorie depleting aspects of jogging:kissing::shortcake:

1. Pre prepared foods.
2. Love Potion Number 9.
3. My Smoker.
4. Before I "Take someone out" I like a case of the good kind of crabs.
5. The Seafood restaurant I go to before a hit.

Chicken Basil Penne Pasta does sound pretty darn good. It reminds of Thai basil which is called Holy basil, little stronger then our basil, l can eat plates of it with noodles. l make pesto with no recipe, lots of basil in that. But instead of pine nuts, l use walnuts. Now l am getting hungry.

I also make pesto with cilantro and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) which is delicious on Mexican and other kinds of food. Pine nuts always taste rather bitter to me so I usually use pecans or walnuts when I make a basil pesto.

I can make virtually any kind of food without a recipe but always use one when I make baked desserts to ensure I have the right proportions of ingredients.

My favorite restaurants are Mexican and seafood. I love Asian and Indian foods, too.

I suppose pizza would be my favorite comfort takeout food.

I've eaten in some very expensive restaurants all over the country - Chicago, San Francisco, New York and New Orleans have phenomenal restaurants. I like all of them and don't really have a favorite.

What is the weirdest place you have a taken a meal?

I got off the train in freezing weather at a Finnish train stop for a potato perogie. I actually read that someone froze to death waiting for a train to show up.

New Threads

Top Bottom