• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This is more about difficulty understanding

Pats

V.I.P Member
I'm posting this under religion because I'm using studying the Bible as my example, but it's not really about religion. I'm 61 and still, as I'm reading the Bible, will come across things and think, "Oh, now I get it." And then I'll wonder why it took me so long to see the meaning. Maybe because of all the influences in what others have said it means and I realize that's not necessarily what it means.? But it applies to a lot of things I read. I mean, I've read something 100 times and it's the 107th time that I finally 'might' get it.

My point - why are some things so hard to understand? I can read something over and over and over and just not get what it's saying. I'll be honest - there have been some threads and comments here that I've been the same way. The meaning just does not always sink in with me.

Does anyone else have this problem?

The Bible .

King James version.
ok - I didn't recognize it because I mostly compare ASV snd NIV - I need to make as easy to understand as possible. :) For tomorrow has enough worries of it's own is much easier to understand. :) I don't think I would understand the KJV of that one.

ok - I didn't recognize it because I mostly compare ASV snd NIV - I need to make as easy to understand as possible. :) For tomorrow has enough worries of it's own is much easier to understand. :) I don't think I would understand the KJV of that one.

I grew up reading that version so it's my go to. So was annoyed with new versions.

I did read somewhere that new version stripped a whole language away from people, in that Shakespeare was written around d the same time.
The old one seems deeper to me.

Of course , I'm over it and don't have any problems with different opinions.

The message is the point :)

I was watching a Roseanne rerun and it suddenly dawned on me
what getting 'felt up' meant. Not until then had the expression made
any sense to me. The 'up' aspect.

Previously I had supposed it was just a peculiar way to refer to
being pawed at, a general term. No specific area.

I was watching a Roseanne rerun and it suddenly dawned on me
what getting 'felt up' meant. Not until then had the expression made
any sense to me. The 'up' aspect.

Previously I had supposed it was just a peculiar way to refer to
being pawed at, a general term. No specific area.
Now you've got me wondering if I know the real meaning.

@Pats
Probably you do.

Felt up....meaning one person groping another person
above the waist. Touching breasts.

My mother used to use the term "felt up" in a very vague way.
To just mean groping. Anywhere on body.

But watching the show, seeing the sisters talking, it was
apparent that the younger one meant she'd let a boy touch
her under her shirt.

New Threads

Top Bottom