• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some advertizing images make me uncomfortable

How is it that you can tolerate looking at images of South Park characters?
They aren't very reality based.
The proportions are wrong....etc.

Is it because they are drawings, not photographs?
South Park is fictional It’s when fictional elements are brought into real life situations like advertising and marketing.

Oh, I'm just commenting on the "why" Publix chooses that kind of marketing with their advertising. It has to be that they are saving money doing the simplest, obvious thing they could do, and per rather Sherlock Holmes style thinking...that's it. The only ink being used (paid for) in making those ads (that are printed) is the most minimal amount possible because everything else is white - no ink required for the white of the photo copy paper that is already said white color.

Oh, I'm just commenting on the "why" Publix chooses that kind of marketing with their advertising. It has to be that they are saving money doing the simplest, obvious thing they could do, and per rather Sherlock Holmes style thinking...that's it. The only ink being used (paid for) in making those ads (that are printed) is the most minimal amount possible because everything else is white - no ink required for the white of the photo copy paper that is already said white color.
That’s a good theory. Another point I have is the marketing team has access to several stock photos of products so new pictures don’t have to be taken. If they want to change the picture, their only option is to scale the size of the picture up or down.

Also, very true and probably accurate, as both theories fit with being really, really lazy per marketing, haha.

IMG_7221.jpeg

have you ever seen a breakfast biscuit the size of a huge burger?

Attachments

• IMG_7103.jpeg
    IMG_7103.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7104.jpeg
    IMG_7104.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 7
Floating avocados and a mini leaning tree

Attachments

• IMG_7105.jpeg
    IMG_7105.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7106.jpeg
    IMG_7106.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 5
Here are some:
1. Why should I ever buy that yogurt just because actor X, who they paid a ton of thousands of dollars, is advertising it? And meanwhile, the actor is eating that 70-cent yogurt like it's the best thing in the world... it makes me uncomfortable and puzzled.
2. Advertisements that say 9 out of 10 dentists or similar, which dentists are these and why only 9 out of 10? What data are you basing your recommendation on for this product over another? Are these neutral dentists? What does that 1 dentist think and why doesn't he agree with the other 9? Or are these dentists that you pay? The real question is: do these dentists even exist?!? I know it's all just a marketing ploy, but it still annoys me.
3. People who smile or worse, LAUGH while advertising silk epil/waxing or similar... do I need to add anything else? I don't think so.
4. Slow-motion/exaggerated advertisements.

How can I stop being uncomfortable by this image? It was brought back in the upcoming flyer
Does it affect your ability to work?

I know from my own experience that if I try to fight a feeling or thought, it usually persists. Can you just look away? Maybe think of something else more comforting when you find yourself thinking about it?

New Threads

Top Bottom