• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some advertizing images make me uncomfortable

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
I don’t know why, but it does. Does anyone else get uncomfortable by specific images?

IMG_0590.jpeg

More images that make me uncomfortable (usually closeup shots of food, that usually looks fake or too good to be true or fingers)

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpeg
    IMG_1155.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8171.jpeg
    IMG_8171.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7778.jpeg
    IMG_7778.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7606.jpeg
    IMG_7606.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7834.jpeg
    IMG_7834.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7774.jpeg
    IMG_7774.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 48
I don't mind the apples and muffins but the rest are bad. I try to ignore them. Ads in general are so bad these days.

ngl i kinda like uncomfortable images, my boyfriend has trypophobia tho so I've gotta be careful with which ones I show him

Things like a close-up selfie that's been blurred out to protect the person's identity. Blurred images make me uncomfortable. Though admittedly, in some cases, the actual image would make me much more uncomfortable than the blurred one.

I'm more confused by the first image than anything. What does tying a thread in a not on your finger have to do with downloading an app? Were they just going with weird imagery to grab attention?

Also there are images that make me uncomfortable of course. Nothing here though. The food just looks so fake and stereotypically perfect but I think almost all places that sell any kind of food do that.

Also there are images that make me uncomfortable of course. Nothing here though. The food just looks so fake and stereotypically perfect but I think almost all places that sell any kind of food do that.
I’ve been told that all instances of food pictured are real and not fake.

I'm more confused by the first image than anything. What does tying a thread in a not on your finger have to do with downloading an app? Were they just going with weird imagery to grab attention?
Tying a string around one's finger is a common memory/reminder tactic, so it is often used symbolically for "Remember this..."

For sure, skeeved out by lots of images. Usually it’s when I can imagine the sensory element of it. For example the peaches picture makes my fingers tingle and curl up, and I hate it. The feeling of a fresh peach in my hand is abhorrent.

I am perturbed by close-up pictures of eyeballs, and anything to do with the mouth. Bare feet on the ground, ick. And people wearing certain fabrics (like velvet). It’s all because these images make me feel something physically on my body and I don’t like it.

Tying a string around one's finger is a common memory/reminder tactic, so it is often used symbolically for "Remember this..."
and it doesn't work. The string is uncomfortable and I forget why I put it there. Yes I tried it. Three times to make sure.

And why not just make a list for the store? Isn't that more standard?

and it doesn't work. The string is uncomfortable and I forget why I put it there.
I don't use that one, but I have similar hacks, like leaving my keys next to my phone so I will remember to bring my phone with me...

I use an adaptation of this one by switching the rings on my fingers. My rings always go on the same fingers, so they become unnoticeable. But if I need to remember something, I will put one of my rings on an uncomfortable, unfamiliar finger. This keeps grabbing my attention and reminds me to do the thing.

I use an adaptation of this one by switching the rings on my fingers. My rings always go on the same fingers, so they become unnoticeable. But if I need to remember something, I will put one of my rings on an uncomfortable, unfamiliar finger. This keeps grabbing my attention and reminds me to do the thing.
Oh, that would work better for me. Something that is just ... not quite right ... instead of a whole new uncomfortable thing.
but I don't wear jewelry, I tried wearing my wedding ring for 3 years and just said no more. My wife said "oh thank goodness" and took hers off :)
(edit) actually I bought 3 wedding rings. The first two were made of stone, hematite, because the feel of it is much easier to wear than metal. Little did I know they break easily. So the last one was platinum. I think I still have it somewhere.

hahaha when I proposed, my wife said "you could have just gotten me an onion ring. then I could have eaten it". I love my wife :)

Part 2

Attachments

• IMG_9811.png
    IMG_9811.png
    591.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9459.jpeg
    IMG_9459.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0754.jpeg