• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking in start a GoFundMe campaign for university costs

Jorg

I've read for several months that people have started to use crowfunding sites such as GoFundMe, indiegogo, kickstarter, etc, to raise money for college/university/education costs.

I'm starting to think in create a campaign for me, but idk, it is not something usual or normal I believe, although I could need some help to finish university. Both of my parents are 65yo and soon my father (as well as my mother did some years ago) will retire from work and even with the retirement pay (which is only a % of their work normal payment) they get I don't want to be such a load to them.

My university is no as expensive as other ones or in other countries, I pay around US$450 per semester with 4 or more courses but as I sometimes struggle with some other expenses, I like to read and learn from physical paper books, and almost every semester I have to buy electronic components for projects.

I try to make money from different sources, I give math tutorships for $8/hour per student but this semester I only had one student and for some lessons, the mayority of people only ask for tutorships on the last 2 weeks of the semester when the are going to fail the course. I create a YT channel with games and software tutorials trying to make something, but it is waaayyyy harder than it looks, because people use adblockers in 9 months I've only made $0.73 and the first $100 are for google.

I could find a real job but the time I spent in classes and because I can't freely choose the schedule of the courses makes it difficult for even a half-time job.

I 'm not the kind of person who spends money on clubbing nor drinking, most of my free time (If I have) is to study and maybe going to gym. My laptop is starting to fail after 5 years of heavy use.

I don't know if I should do a campaign, what would you do?

Last edited:
I don't think there is any harm in trying it. However be sure to not post any personnal contact information. A regular part time job is probably the best course to make a difference financially, though almost always a pain in the butt. You might bounce a bit thru jobs to try and find a doable situation.

Welp, I launched it, I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if it works, I feel really ashamed but on the other hand If people help me I'm sure to give it the best use, university, books, and study even harder.

Welp, I launched it, I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if it works, I feel really ashamed but on the other hand If people help me I'm sure to give it the best use, university, books, and study even harder.
If you need help you need help

Welp, so far nothing, some views but still at $0, I've only share it through twitter, I don't want my family/friends see it on facebook so I'm not there, although 2 people have share it on fb.

Where else could I promote my campaign? if someone knows a safe place for it this is the link Help me funding my final university costs (I'm not asking you to give me with money, that would be unpolite, just share the campaign if you can)

Welp, so far nothing, some views but still at $0, I've only share it through twitter, I don't want my family/friends see it on facebook so I'm not there, although 2 people have share it on fb.

Where else could I promote my campaign? if someone knows a safe place for it this is the link Help me funding my final university costs (I'm not asking you to give me with money, that would be unpolite, just share the campaign if you can)
You've got to tell them why are you need help !for instance I knew someone that was diagnosed with cancer but he didn't have the insurance to pay for it !and he was worried about his daughters it took quite a few months but he got the money

I think you can print out flyers with the link to your account so people can donate if they want. Maybe you can go around town and ask if they will hang them up for you. Some restaurants and stores have a bulletin board where people can put up flyers for anything.

New Threads

Top Bottom