1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things you wish your computer could do

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ste11aeres, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ste11aeres

Ste11aeres Moderator Staff Member

My computer does all sorts of amazing things.
    But I wish it would provide air-conditioning in summer (which my house doesn't have), and significant heat in winter.

2. bentHnau

bentHnau Exploding Radical

I'd be satisfied with more useful error messages...but automatic volume control would be nice.

3. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

Instill in me a desire to use it only for very brief periods, and then go and do useful and productive things with my time instead of sitting in front of it. :)

4. Shiznown

Shiznown Well-Known Member

I don't wish this, but I had a dream one time I used my computer to cook eggs lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. umbrellabeach

umbrellabeach Well-Known Member

I wish some of the F buttons could play, pause, and control volume. The buttons on my old computer did that and they're the only thing I miss about it.

6. zurb

zurb Eschewer of Obfuscation

Ahhh, that one my new laptop does have, but I'm really going to miss my HD activity light. It's always reassuring that the computer is still actually doing something :)

7. StephF

StephF Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I asked mine to control the world but it said " I'm sorry Dave but I'm afraid I can't do that "

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anon88

Anon88 GamerDork

I wish my computer could be my buddy and keep me company when I'm bored (in a coming alive and talking/thinking sort of way without the deadly cyberdine, terminator effects). Perhaps more like Jarvis in ironman. It'd also be cool if it could make me a nice meal. We'd be the best of friends.

• Like Like x 1
  9. StephF

More like the "Weird Science" Kelly Le Brock character ?

10. Anon88

Anon88 GamerDork

Not that energetic. Lol. I'd rather not have to move from my lazy PC or gamer position.

11. zurb

zurb Eschewer of Obfuscation

How about Max Headroom? Automan? Haha, every aspie needs their personal Cursor!
    Probably showing my age here :)
    [Edited after posting, as per most of my posts]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anon88

Anon88 GamerDork

A little too creepy, but yeah I guess something a little closer to that. Though, the guy who played him was pretty funny in Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Lol

13. Harrison

Harrison The Mad Taoist

• Like Like x 1
  14. StephF

No, too creepy. It has the potential to be a surveillance device. It seems it is internet connected so it could be hacked.

15. Harrison

Harrison The Mad Taoist

I live in a country with the highest level of surveillance already in place, cameras everywhere etc so something like this isn't going to add to the creepiness of the UK :)

Plus I'm so boring in my life that anyone watching would find another job!

16. Cerulean

Cerulean Well-Known Member

I wish it could tell my clients when they had actually found a bug, and when they were just being idiots.

17. bentHnau

bentHnau Exploding Radical

You might like the movie Her. It's about a guy who gets into a relationship with his operating system.

18. wyverary

wyverary Bare-footed hippie V.I.P Member

I was about to mention this, actually, as this thread made me think of it! :) However, I think I would be a little creeped out myself if my OS were sentient, heh. (Though it would certainly be nice if the speech-to-text could sound like Scarlett Johannsen.)

I wish my computer would keep my living space clean. No, seriously. Like how ET was able to levitate those objects to show where his home planet was.

19. GoofKing

GoofKing All your bases are belong to us

I wish my computer had lasers on it and a death ray :p I also wish my computer was a robot that could clean up my room or do my chores :D

20. grapesicles

grapesicles Well-Known Member

I would appreciate items ordered online via the computer arriving instantly! Or instant food. Both would be brilliant.