• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things you wish your computer could do

Ste11aeres

My computer does all sorts of amazing things.
But I wish it would provide air-conditioning in summer (which my house doesn't have), and significant heat in winter.

I'd be satisfied with more useful error messages...but automatic volume control would be nice.

Instill in me a desire to use it only for very brief periods, and then go and do useful and productive things with my time instead of sitting in front of it. :)

I wish some of the F buttons could play, pause, and control volume. The buttons on my old computer did that and they're the only thing I miss about it.

I wish some of the F buttons could play, pause, and control volume. The buttons on my old computer did that and they're the only thing I miss about it.
Ahhh, that one my new laptop does have, but I'm really going to miss my HD activity light. It's always reassuring that the computer is still actually doing something :)

I asked mine to control the world but it said " I'm sorry Dave but I'm afraid I can't do that "

I wish my computer could be my buddy and keep me company when I'm bored (in a coming alive and talking/thinking sort of way without the deadly cyberdine, terminator effects). Perhaps more like Jarvis in ironman. It'd also be cool if it could make me a nice meal. We'd be the best of friends.

Not that energetic. Lol. I'd rather not have to move from my lazy PC or gamer position.
How about Max Headroom? Automan? Haha, every aspie needs their personal Cursor!
Probably showing my age here :)
[Edited after posting, as per most of my posts]

Last edited:
I wish my computer could be my buddy and keep me company when I'm bored (in a coming alive and talking/thinking sort of way without the deadly cyberdine, terminator effects). Perhaps more like Jarvis in ironman. It'd also be cool if it could make me a nice meal. We'd be the best of friends.

No, too creepy. It has the potential to be a surveillance device. It seems it is internet connected so it could be hacked.

No, too creepy. It has the potential to be a surveillance device. It seems it is internet connected so it could be hacked.

I live in a country with the highest level of surveillance already in place, cameras everywhere etc so something like this isn't going to add to the creepiness of the UK :)

Plus I'm so boring in my life that anyone watching would find another job!

I wish it could tell my clients when they had actually found a bug, and when they were just being idiots.

I wish my computer could be my buddy and keep me company when I'm bored (in a coming alive and talking/thinking sort of way without the deadly cyberdine, terminator effects)
You might like the movie Her. It's about a guy who gets into a relationship with his operating system.

You might like the movie Her. It's about a guy who gets into a relationship with his operating system.
I was about to mention this, actually, as this thread made me think of it! :) However, I think I would be a little creeped out myself if my OS were sentient, heh. (Though it would certainly be nice if the speech-to-text could sound like Scarlett Johannsen.)

I wish my computer would keep my living space clean. No, seriously. Like how ET was able to levitate those objects to show where his home planet was.

I wish my computer had lasers on it and a death ray :p I also wish my computer was a robot that could clean up my room or do my chores :D

I would appreciate items ordered online via the computer arriving instantly! Or instant food. Both would be brilliant.

New Threads

Top Bottom