• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

does this offend you?

l over-compensated because of insecurity, then l had to go back and dial down my personality because l can across as one of many things. Now l found a happy medium, people seem okay with me. It definitely took time. l like being laidback and getting to decisions a little slower.I

Unkind remarks can be met in a few different ways. A cheap insult can be returned easily. They poke fun at you, you poke fun at them. Another way is to agree with the rude comment. It does you well to add another "fault" that they don't see or know about. This defuses the reaction that the person might be seeking. Never get into a tug-of-war with an abusive person. Keep your own dignity and accept your own reality. If all else fails, take some boxing lessons. You never know when you might need them.

Unkind remarks can be met in a few different ways. A cheap insult can be returned easily. They poke fun at you, you poke fun at them. Another way is to agree with the rude comment. It does you well to add another "fault" that they don't see or know about. This defuses the reaction that the person might be seeking. Never get into a tug-of-war with an abusive person. Keep your own dignity and accept your own reality. If all else fails, take some boxing lessons. You never know when you might need them.
I don't understand how sometimes they can make even nasty jokes with each other and they laugh. But someone like me says something slightly insulting and I get the third degree.

People would tell me that I'm weird or a freak. My brother would claim that I'm 'disturbed' (in more no-nonsense words but I'm not going to swear to illustrate the point). There were other calls and behaviours, none of which I liked. I still don't.

I also don't like red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes and when it suddenly starts to rain when I am halfway to work with no way to return for a jacket.

Bullying is name calling behind someone's back and cowardly. And seems to be excepted more that it's not done in the school yard. Different thing, but people being pretentious I don't like either.

Is this packaging offensive? Seems to me it shows a stereotypical French person:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnnys-Onion-Rings-24-50g/dp/B00IQS8DL6
As others have said, what I find offensive is that you have to read the fine print to find out what they really are. This is quite common today. Cheese is not really cheese (unless you pay an outrageous price), but artificially synthesized cheese flavored food product. Bread seems to be fluffed, substanceless, sort of bread flavored chemical preservatives. With all the chemical preservatives in food now, when someone dies, embalming is no longer necessary.

Golden Cross - and yet the cross icon isn't gold.
Also Johnny's? Doesn't sound very French.

Jean Claude's Rondelle d'oignon
C'est magnifique !

I'm not a fan of the colour choice of the characters clothing. I feel a blue striped jumper with a black beret would be more apt. Also there should be a snail sliding across one of the letters. Replace the "I" letters with baguettes, and have frogs jumping all over the place.

Ed

It is a generic European guy,he could be Italien, French. His presence is supposedly adding a gourmet experience and increase in price but he is singing the tu (average consumer) es a sucker song.

They aren't called Les Onion Rings, nor is he called Moniseur, so l cannot be offended. Tu es fou. Just joking.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom