• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things that assist you in your life

Violette88

Hello,
I am not sure how to phrase this, but I was wondering what things "assist you in your life" that may be unconventional to an NT. eg stim necklace, stim toy etc.
Sorry if this is rude, I don't know how to phrase it, or whether to replace unconventional with a different word.

The things that assist me are: weighted vests, weighted blankets, flapping, brushing, Bean Bag Tapping, fidget rings, chew bar, scented oils that I wear around my neck, scented tarts or candles, stress balls, hand grip (I don't know the actual name), sensory vest and waist straps, and ultimate fidgets. This was a good thread.

My weighted blanket, without it I cannot hardly sleep at all, and without my required 7-8 hours of sleep I am very prone to meltdowns and shutdowns the following day. My model trains, thier little world is my escape from this one, I am safe there and nothing bad happens. Various foods when I am overstimulated I will eat certain foods like pizza, chocolate ect, thanfully my high metabolism allows me to do this and not add to my waist line. And finaly my Siberian Husky Trooper. He knows when I am having anxiety issues or am flirting with a melt/shutdown and will snuggle with me and stay by my side till I calm down. Mike

Slurpees, or more accurately, the walk for slurpees help me out when i am feeling exceptionally bad.

thats...about it actually. i have very, very, few comforts that work, or was ever discovered, or tried for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom