• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things I want to share with you. Share some with us!

Iamnotarabot

Ok so this is just a random thread where I want to share weird stuff I do and maybe you can relate to that ,feel free to add your little weirdness and be proud of it !

I always have violent or very childish idea poping in my head visually, like thinking of throwing stuff or breaking things etc^^

I put food in the wrong furniture !
Use the wrong word sometimes
Try to put my boxer on my foot instead of a sock
Boxing in the air for 30sec or trying to achieve super sayan mode in the bathroom during social situations ^^'
Mistaking left for right a lot !

Use the wrong words sometimes too, when I can't think of them.
Also have to look at my hands to see which one is left or right, if someone tells me it's a right turn for example.
Do a lot of kickboxing and taekwondo moves.
Dance, instead of walking around in the house. To rid myself of energy.

I get violent ideas like the throwing or breaking things.
Especially when I was younger. I even kept a big box of old plate and sling them into a concrete wall
to get rid of angry energy.

I really notice what shoes people wear since I spend a lot of time looking away from their eyes.
:D

I get words mixed up when feeling pressured verbally.

I watch TV or even go to sleep clutching my hands tightly, grasping my fingers together, or sitting on them.
Sometimes I'm just twisted up like a pretzel. Especially when sitting at a table in a restaurant.
Once I noticed another guy acting this way and could relate.
I've always thought it strange how when I'm drinking through a straw, I just bend over to the straw
instead of picking up the cup.
He was doing the same! Ah- ha!

Whenever I'm dealing with boiling water for something, such as tea, I imagine throwing the boiling water onto someone's face. My mind seems to find it fascinating that I have the power to change someone's state from complete calm to complete agony.

Do I sound like a serial killer? o_O

Also, whenever I use a blender, I have the urge to stick my hand into it. My therapist long ago said it was mania, but it's consistent so that means not? It's probably similar reasoning to the first creepy thing I said.

I just imagined myself being banned from the forum! :eek::eek::eek:

I mistake left and right, too. It doesn't come automatically - I have to sit and think about what is left and what is right.
I often get overexcited, and have to jump up and run across the room, or wave my hands around until the impulse passes.
I speak several languages, and often confuse words from different languages, or speak the wrong language without realising what language I'm speaking :)

My mind muddles sometimes and I end up saying spoonerisms while talking. Usually happens when I'm anxious about talking I think and don't allow myself time to process what I'm trying to say before I say it.

I have the urge to stick my hand into it. My therapist long ago said it was mania
I don't think this kind of intrusive thoughts are related to mania at all but hey I dont know all about it.

It's soo cool to see we are similar !

I speak several languages, and often confuse words from different languages,
Ho this is great actually^^ To some degree people do that a lot when they put english in every sentences , but this is more a social thing that an actual mistake I think^^

Also, whenever I use a blender, I have the urge to stick my hand into it. My therapist long ago said it was mania, but it's consistent so that means not? It's probably similar reasoning to the first creepy thing I said.

Do that too, imagining what my hand would look like when it happens and how it would feel. Have thought those things when using a heated waffle maker, deep frying something while working in a restaurant, using a food processor, a table saw, a chain saw. Somehow I imagine while doing it, what can happen and I visualize it. Maybe, I'm thinking of how dangerous something can be, and how careful I should be with it.

I'm thinking of how dangerous something can be, and how careful I should be with it.

Yes I think this is more an anxiety/OCD related thought about safety

It reminds me that I don't talk in scripts too much, or maybe but I dont realize it, but I think with scripts a lot.

I always have a memory of a piece of dialogue/scene in a video game or movie that struck me , for instance when I dont care about something the "Not interested" that Cloud says during the 2nd ff7 remake trailer pops in my head.
But things pop in our head all the time anyway right, music, trails of thoughts and so on^^'

New Threads

Top Bottom