• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

They are the opposite sex, but come with the same personality as you

How would you react to meeting the opposite gender version of yourself?

• I would try to Have Sex with them

• I would Kill them

• I would Marry them

• I would Date them

• I would Hate them

• I would Avoid them

• I would Befriend them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slim Jim

has glasses,shirt,hair, just need jim charisma now
What would be your reaction, to such a person. Positive or negative or just neutral.

Both of you have the same personality, attitudes, interests, opinions. Have all the same idiosyncrasies.

And don't say, well, I'm ugly. I would be repulsed by somebody like me. Just imagine, She/He is very hot. But with all your character traits!

Anima/Animus: "Carl Jung believed that nested inside the shadow are the qualities of our opposite gender. The anima is the archetype that expresses the fact that men have a minority of feminine qualities; and the animus expresses the masculine qualities within women. In every man there is a woman, and in every woman a man; or rather, there is the image of the ideal man/woman."

I think that a cisgender male with any of my personality traits would probably be the butt of a lot of jokes.

Yeah, sibling are normally different personalities. Sometimes complete opposites. The Birth order, generally determines a different set of psycho-social dynamics, that shape personality.

What would be your reaction, to such a person. Positive or negative or just neutral.

Both of you have the same personality, attitudes, interests, opinions. Have all the same idiosyncrasies.

And don't say, well, I'm ugly. I would be repulsed by somebody like me. Just imagine, She/He is very hot. But with all your character traits!

Anima/Animus: "Carl Jung believed that nested inside the shadow are the qualities of our opposite gender. The anima is the archetype that expresses the fact that men have a minority of feminine qualities; and the animus expresses the masculine qualities within women. In every man there is a woman, and in every woman a man; or rather, there is the image of the ideal man/woman."
Just speak closer to avoiding

I can't answer this because I have no idea what I would do. Anyway, I'm spoken for! ;)

But my husband wants to play. He was unable to participate in the poll because it didn't have the option he needed. He says to say, "I would congratulate them on their excellent taste in all things, as they undoubtedly would have." :tonguewink:

I don't see any option for a neutral reaction.
There's not even an option for Being Friends.

This an example of a forced choice.
You are directing readers toward the idea of finding
themselves "very hot"/sexually appealing.

[Speaking if I were still single,...]
  1. We would probably get along personality-wise.
  2. My sister looks like a girl version of me. That doesn't appeal to me in a girlfriend way. (My oldest daughter --who does look pretty to me-- looks like her, too.)

Last edited:
This an example of a forced choice.
You are directing readers toward the idea of finding
themselves "very hot"/sexually appealing.

Am I ? :smile: Okay.

I was aiming at Pre-empting a common criticism I see from Autistic people, after a lifetime of abuse, mistreatment, the usual struggle, I'm sure you are all, well acquainted with. This tends to lead to psychological issues, regarding self-image. It's like, even if you think you are the most messed up personality, and totally repellent, and a failure as a human being, even a genetic mistake, putting all that aside...would you do Still be into them...knowing they have your flaws, all your imperfections, but they were hot. :sweatsmile:

It's a just a theoretical. If I ever met my female Doppelganger. A female clone. I Don't really know How I would react. Because I know me, and therefore I would know them. Intimately. So It's kind of hard to gauge my reaction. It requires looking at your own self. And judging objectively, not painting over your own flaws, propping up your ego, but facing your own naked self, reflected in another. Externalized.

I have been friends with a few people of the opposite sex with very many similarities to myself. It’s a shame that option isn’t in the poll.

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where he dates someone with the "same personality, attitudes, interests, opinions. Have all the same idiosyncrasies." his girlfriend in the episode was played by Janeane Garofalo. At first Jerry was in love with her and they got engaged rapidly. However...a short time later, both were sitting at the coffee shop one day talking and they ended up spontaneously blurting out in unison: "I hate you!". They immediately got up from the table, broke up amicably in less than a minute and never saw each other again.

Sounds about right.

Last edited:
Am I ? :smile: Okay.

I was aiming at Pre-empting a common criticism I see from Autistic people, after a lifetime of abuse, mistreatment, the usual struggle, I'm sure you are all, well acquainted with. This tends to lead to psychological issues, regarding self-image. It's like, even if you think you are the most messed up personality, and totally repellent, and a failure as a human being, even a genetic mistake, putting all that aside...would you do Still be into them...knowing they have your flaws, all your imperfections, but they were hot. :sweatsmile:

It's a just a theoretical. If I ever met my female Doppelganger. A female clone. I Don't really know How I would react. Because I know me, and therefore I would know them. Intimately. So It's kind of hard to gauge my reaction. It requires looking at your own self. And judging objectively, not painting over your own flaws, propping up your ego, but facing your own naked self, reflected in another. Externalized.

Ok, then try to wrap you head around this:
The other factor that is ignored here is the non-binary, gender fluid or asexual members.

Even with my own heterosexual values, I can't just brush them off as if they don't exist.
Like it or not, being on the autism spectrum increases the odds of that occurring.

I have held another view that may startle some at first then make more sense later.

A good friend of mine once asked me if I would really want to start dating a girl that would want to date me.
A very good question with no wrong answer ;)

Things that make you go hmm...

Last edited:
Even with my own heterosexual values, I can't just brush them off as if they don't exist.
Like it or not, being on the autism spectrum increases the odds of that occurring.

Well, it's still applicable. Only I guess it gets confusing.

Biological male, identify as female, then your opposite , in this case, might be a biological female, who identify as male. And Vice versa.

A good friend of mine once asked me if I would really want to start dating a girl that would want to date me.

Things that make you go hmm...

Hmm...yeah, now that I think about it. I choose charm her, have sex with her..and then resulting chaos and we self destruct. Actually...I shudder at the idea of a female version of myself. It might end...badly. I predict mental trauma on both sides.

First: :hearteyes: + :blush: Then: :coldsweat: + :fearscream: = :sob:

I'd probably grow white hair, then look for the trillionaire that made such a thing possible. Sounds like something out of a Netflix movie, the kind you'd watch if you got bored with the other 10,000 movies on there.

Actually, no...I'd probably be dead by the time this could conceivably happen. Not worried about it.

"I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." --Groucho Marx

[Speaking if I were still single,...]
  1. We would probably get along personality-wise.
  2. My sister looks like a girl version of me. That doesn't appeal to me in a girlfriend way. (My oldest daughter --who does look pretty to me-- looks like her, too.)
The like-mindedness would not be a turnoff if there was an attraction otherwise.
My wife & I see eye-to-eye on so many things.

A person may not identify with any gender, or they may feel a mix of genders, or that their gender changes over time or that they have a range of ways they are in terms of gender. I don't identify with binary gender, I feel such a lot of it has been and is culturally created and has nothing to do with who I am.

As @Nitro pointed out, this way of experiencing gender (or not experiencing it) doesn't really fit with the binary gender idea that 2 people who were male and female would be somehow opposites.

If I met a non binary person who really was my opposite, my guess is it may be hard to get along. Maybe I already have met this person, and we had little or nothing in common...

I have 0 gender, and since -0 is still 0, opposite version of me is exactly me. Instant deep friendship would ensue the moment we figure out we are that similar, since meeting someone safe and compatible is my dream. We would pounce at each other and played around like kittens we are... :catface:

That doesn't seem very realistic sadly... But I think I'm flexible enough that I would be happy to befriend a StrayDog, or similar! :catface:

If that person would be of different AGAB than me, it would be interesting to compare how differently others treated us because of that.

New Threads

Top Bottom