• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

These tiles are pretty amazing!

MildredHubble

V.I.P Member
I just happened to catch this on YouTube, I'm referring to the first section producing these intricate tiles. But the rest of the video seems pretty interesting too.

It's incredible what the artisans in the video manage to do with what looks like such an unwieldy tool.

This is the sort of thing I could be very happy doing. The repetition and I suppose predictability I find comforting. A bit like when I worked in the car factory. Unfortunately even if I could just up sticks to Morocco I don't think I could cope with hunching over like they do.

But still, I like this sort of thing. It's like hand wiring a complex circuit board. I just really find it therapeutic when my body permits me to do it.

Anyone else like this sort of thing? Or do you prefer things on a larger scale?

I agree with you, I think I'd find this kind of work soothing.

Unfortunately even if I could just up sticks to Morocco I don't think I could cope with hunching over like they do.
Many years ago I had a friend who was a cleaner in a large factory. One day she bent over to pick up the bucket and all the muscles in her lower back seized. She couldn't stand up again.

She wasn't in any pain, she just couldn't straighten. It was about 5 days before her back muscles started to unclench, and didn't we stir her up in the meantime. :)

I agree with you, I think I'd find this kind of work soothing.

Many years ago I had a friend who was a cleaner in a large factory. One day she bent over to pick up the bucket and all the muscles in her lower back seized. She couldn't stand up again.

She wasn't in any pain, she just couldn't straighten. It was about 5 days before her back muscles started to unclench, and didn't we stir her up in the meantime. :)
Oh dear! That doesn't sound at all pleasant! I think it was a wise choice to leave her be :)

There was a cleaner at the factory where I worked. She was the most cheery person working there! She didn't have an easy job that's for sure. One day we were all called into the office. We knew it must be something serious if they stopped the line.

Turned out some twerp who had not been properly toilet trained had gotten a little "artistic" in a disgusting way in one of the cubicles. We were pretty sure we knew who it was. Dirty little "word I can't say here". It was the first time I saw her looking upset. We all made a point of loudly condemning the little twerp's actions so he knew how we felt.

I will honestly never understand some people.

I worked in the same factory as Joe for a little while, some people truly are animals and it's not just the men either.

It was a huge factory, Holden. Some of the urinals were 50 metres long. I was cleaning one of them one day, with a very spiky brush and hot water and acid. A man came in and stood uncomfortably close to me to have a wee. I ignored him and continued cleaning, then he started sidling closer to me. I asked "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?".

He turned to face me and tried to piss on me. Spiky brush with boiling hot water and acid came out of the bucket pretty quickly and I got a vicious swipe on his outstanding member, it actually drew blood. He dropped to the floor and started screaming but he refused to tell anyone what happened and never put in a complaint.

I told everyone exactly what happened and made sure that everyone in the same plant heard all about it too. They sacked him, one minute's notice.

I worked in the same factory as Joe for a little while, some people truly are animals and it's not just the men either.

It was a huge factory, Holden. Some of the urinals were 50 metres long. I was cleaning one of them one day, with a very spiky brush and hot water and acid. A man came in and stood uncomfortably close to me to have a wee. I ignored him and continued cleaning, then he started sidling closer to me. I asked "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?".

He turned to face me and tried to piss on me. Spiky brush with boiling hot water and acid came out of the bucket pretty quickly and I got a vicious swipe on his outstanding member, it actually drew blood. He dropped to the floor and started screaming but he refused to tell anyone what happened and never put in a complaint.

I told everyone exactly what happened and made sure that everyone in the same plant heard all about it too. They sacked him, one minute's notice.
Wow that is absolutely shocking! :oops:

Again, some people just bewilder me!

Moroccan artisans have been known for centuries. It does not only show up in tiles. A couple of decades ago, Moroccan trilobites were not well prepared. Now with micro chisels and micro abrasion tools their work is spectacular. Take a look at this delicate trilobite that was prepared from its limestone tomb.
received_767336050396537.jpeg

This year, November, I will be getting back to the Anti-Atlas of Morocco.

Moroccan artisans have been known for centuries. It does not only show up in tiles. A couple of decades ago, Moroccan trilobites were not well prepared. Now with micro chisels and micro abrasion tools their work is spectacular. Take a look at this delicate trilobite that was prepared from its limestone tomb.
View attachment 93363

It looks like some artist came up with a fancy bronze sculpture :eek:

View attachment 93363

That looks incredible! It really must take a hell of a lot of concentration and skill!

And if you make a mistake it's not like you can just go and get another one.
That seems to bring up a vague memory of something similar I'm sure I saw on the Simpsons! But I haven't slept yet so it could have been Futurama based on my current level of cognitive ability lol!

I could do intricate work with my hands all day and not get bored.
Making things like dreamcatchers, Ojo de Dios, basket weaving.
I like Native American creations. I listen to their music a lot through the day as
I work.

But then I am half Cherokee and from Arizona. Love the desert and rocks.
So, no wonder.

I could do intricate work with my hands all day and not get bored.
Making things like dreamcatchers, Ojo de Dios, basket weaving.
I like Native American creations. I listen to their music a lot through the day as
I work.

But then I am half Cherokee and from Arizona. Love the desert and rocks.
So, no wonder.
I'm definitely the same. I can spend hours at a time soldering and routing tiny wires on circuit boards. The only problem is that my arms and back have issues so the only thing that stops me doing it as much is the pain I experience. Or sometimes the knowledge that I will be in pain makes me a bit reluctant. Sometimes I can ignore it but eventually it will hit me.

But I like making a tidy, neat and robust job of these things. I get a feeling of achievement looking at the neat, intricate work. It's like "wow I did that".

I do have a half complete computer I was working on and just thinking about it kinda makes me want to try and finish it off. But I have quite a few plates spinning. They are arguably bigger priorities so I probably best deal with them first.

New Threads

Top Bottom