• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Themes

Would you like to have themes on this website?

• Total voters

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
Has anyone thought about if the white colour hurts your eyes yet, and you would rather turn it to black or another colour? (Also, in case this is already a feature I'm not aware of, please let me know!!)

You can get add on's for web browsers to do dark mode.

09.PNG

Ed

I'm not a big fan of dark modes but a stark white background is tiring on the eyes. I like the neutral grey background surrounding the text boxes in this forum, I wish the text boxes were the same grey.

There's already a thread or two on this issue. Between three site owners over ten years, I suspect none of them want such an option from within the forum software itself. Which really isn't an issue given the alternatives, in that they make everything in your browser dark rather than just a single website.

It isn't a matter of themes on the part of the forum software, but rather to utilize browser extensions. This one in particular, called "Dark Reader" which you can download from Firefox or Chrome browsers. I find this extension far superior to the light or dark themes the browsers themselves offer. Though in isolated incidents, on certain websites they won't render properly where you have to temporarily turn off the extension.

The controls for the extension are found by clicking on the little Dark Reader icon, a little head with round glasses. In there you an increase or decrease brightness and contrast to your own liking.

I went to a dark theme some time ago. Light ones are just too hard on my eyes. Here's what it looks like:

Dark Reader.jpg

LOL...nope, this ain't Windows! Linux Mint 21.1 has a beautiful (and consistent) dark mode that even Windows 10 and 11 doesn't have. But using Dark Reader automatically changes most websites to a uniform dark appearance to match that of your operating system. Very cool.

Except perhaps in the case of domains like MSN and the IRS. For whatever reason they don't want third-party browser extensions overriding their sense of color and contrast.

Last edited:
There's already a thread or two on this issue. Between three site owners over ten years, I suspect none of them want such an option from within the forum software itself. Which really isn't an issue given the alternatives, in that they make everything in your browser dark rather than just a single website.

It isn't a matter of themes on the part of the forum software, but rather to utilize browser extensions. This one in particular, called "Dark Reader" which you can download from Firefox or Chrome browsers. I find this extension far superior to the light or dark themes the browsers themselves offer. Though in isolated incidents, on certain websites they won't render properly where you have to temporarily turn off the extension.

The controls for the extension are found by clicking on the little Dark Reader icon, a little head with round glasses. In there you an increase or decrease brightness and contrast to your own liking.

I went to a dark theme some time ago. Light ones are just too hard on my eyes. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 98403

LOL...nope, this ain't Windows! Linux Mint 21.1 has a beautiful (and consistent) dark mode that even Windows 10 and 11 doesn't have. But using Dark Reader automatically changes most websites to a uniform dark appearance to match that of your operating system. Very cool.

Except perhaps in the case of domains like MSN and the IRS. For whatever reason they don't want third-party browser extensions overriding their sense of color and contrast.
Woah. This looks amazing and I love it! My Mum used to have a Linux computer and I'm pretty sure she uses something like this :) Thank you!!

I'm not a big fan of dark modes but a stark white background is tiring on the eyes. I like the neutral grey background surrounding the text boxes in this forum, I wish the text boxes were the same grey.
That's a nice idea and I agree ^^

Woah. This looks amazing and I love it! My Mum used to have a Linux computer and I'm pretty sure she uses something like this :) Thank you!!
Keep in mind I use the Dark Reader extension on both Brave and Firefox, but also in both Linux and Windows.

Being able to control the brightness and contrast really makes it nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom