• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Walking Dead

Tom

V.I.P Member
Anyone else a fan of Rick, Carol, Daryl, etc? I love the show even if it gets almost too raw to watch sometimes. Six months to the next episode... :( But it will have a sister show now at least!

Oh yeah. The final episode of season 5 was probably the best I can remember. Good to see Michonne get her mojo back. Wondering what will become of Gabriel. Can't be good. And Carol remains my favorite character.

Yep, just wondering how different the Southern California spinoff will be this summer. At least something to fill in the time until the original show returns.

Thats good news! I didn't know it was starting up in the summer.

I thought this season had a lot of good episodes. Maybe the most hard hitting overall. I also liked how this last one brought some original characters back into the story. Michonne and Morgan would make quite a pair! The story and characters has become more unpredictable again which is good. Class has started for the good people of Alexandria...

I noticed they had Gabriel in spotless white. Even after braining two zombies. The Angel of Light I thought.

Why doesn't anyone eat Carol's cassaroles? :D

Anyone else a fan of Rick, Carol, Daryl, etc? I love the show even if it gets almost too raw to watch sometimes. Six months to the next episode... :( But it will have a sister show now at least!
My husband. :) (Me, Downton Abbey.) We both like Black Sails. Have you seen that? It's really good.

I love the walking dead - I usually save up half a season to watch all at once as I find it a much more imersive experience. Looking forward to the spinoff too.
Has anyone seen Z Nation? Z Nation (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb
Just as good as WD in my opinion.. I think it has just the right amount of corny humour you'd normally expect in a film, without being over the top.

I love the walking dead - I usually save up half a season to watch all at once as I find it a much more imersive experience. Looking forward to the spinoff too.
Just as good as WD in my opinion.. I think it has just the right amount of corny humour you'd normally expect in a film, without being over the top.

A bunch at once is nice. I only started watching the series in Season three and having all those back episodes was like being rich. I was just looking at the Z Nation series last night wondering if I should give it a try, so thanks for the recommendation. :)

My husband. :) (Me, Downton Abbey.) We both like Black Sails. Have you seen that? It's really good.

I don't have a TV or get cable etc, and just watch some selected things on the computer, so I haven't heard of Black Sails before. I checked it out on IMDB and reviews, etc and it sounds like people like it a lot. I might try it if in a Adventure mood. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

I'm a bit in the middle about it I guess. I mean, I watched it weekly, but more and more I don't know what to make of it anymore. Too much emotional stuff going on which I don't care for, not enough slaying zombies; or walkers if you will. What kind of alternate universe do they live in, where zombiemovies don't exist?

I've read a lot of the WD comics a while ago, around the time when season 1 just aired. I quite liked season 1 and season 2 was fine as well but, I can't help but feel the episodes are going so, so slow... I mean, yes, it is one thing to live in a world with little to no outlook and being starved to death; but it is another to go at that same pace making the viewer feel the same. It's exhausting to watch... but then again; I don't care that much for the characters and their emotional involvement. I did like the governor to some extent and I really hope Negan shows up (he's from the comics) and is portrayed much like the comics; that'll be hilarious :D

Speaking of other media; I did enjoy the Telltale games TWD game... (well, I should still play season 2; but S1 was great). But maybe that's more because I like point-and-click adventure games, lol. Anyone else play those?

That all said; I do like zombies, zombieflicks and all those things related to the undead. I like gore, but meh... I don't know. I'm sometimes so confused to why TWD is so popular.

I like the Zombie Genre a lot. But I have noticed there are sub-genres or types and I don't enjoy all of them. Quite a few I have started only to quit only 10-20 minutes in. And I have noticed some similarities in ones I don't like. And some of these are really popular ones.

So I think sometimes it just comes to flavors one likes or doesn't.

One thing I liked a lot about TWD was the location, in Atlanta and rural Georgia. I thought the locals, especially the old dilapidated remnants of a bygone time added a lot to the creepy atmosphere. It reminded me a little of the staging of the original Night of the Living Dead in rural Pennsyvannia.

I'm a big fan of Zombie films, though any post-apocolypse stuff in general really, TWD did get rather slow by season 3 - that whole drawing-it-out-for-ratings/flogging-it-to-death thing, I think.. seems to have avoided getting ridiculously coma-worthy though, thankfully, so I'm relishing having ploughed on a little and looking forward to the rest of season 4 :)
I like the way it went for realism as a break from Zombie-mania-humour, but I'm glad to re-immerse myself with Z-N at the same time :)

I like the way it went for realism as a break from Zombie-mania-humour, but I'm glad to re-immerse myself with Z-N at the same time :)

Yep, saw all the episodes of the first season of Z-Nation as well. An amusing and different uptake on the proverbial zombie apocalypse.

Judge, Have you Seen I Zombie? Just onto Sn 1, Ep 3.. more corny humour with crime-solving thrown in, leave-your-brain-at-the-door style stuff, but I'm willing to see where it goes.. actually based, I think, on the book 'I, Zombie' by Hugh Howey, similar premise, but.. well, see how it develops.

Judge, Have you Seen I Zombie? Just onto Sn 1, Ep 3.. more corny humour with crime-solving thrown in, leave-your-brain-at-the-door style stuff, but I'm willing to see where it goes.. actually based, I think, on the book 'I, Zombie' by Hugh Howey, similar premise, but.. well, see how it develops.

Nope, haven't seen it. Yet. :D

The book's an insight into how a woman experiences still being self-aware when she's been turned.. the pain, cold, unending hunger and.. zombieness! I've never come across anything like it.
The series is severely diluted for TV and fashion//style, but worth a look..

The book's an insight into how a woman experiences still being self-aware when she's been turned.. the pain, cold, unending hunger and.. zombieness! I've never come across anything like it.
The series is severely diluted for TV and fashion//style, but worth a look..

I heard about that one too. The initial critic reaction, that I saw was favorable. I think I will try it at some point to help fill the gaps. At the moment I am trying to track down a Russian zombie series that only lasted one season (2010) called The Day After, without having to join Amazon Prime. I did that last year and it wasn't really worth it I thought. Once you get past a few good quality series its a pretty lame library, much of which I saw on TV ages ago.

I do that, too. We tend to wait until Amazon Prime or someone like it has it, buy the whole season, then binge watch over a week or so.

We watched Z-Nation, too. It's pretty good for the most part, with a few "wtf did I just watch?" moments. A lot more light-hearted (generally) and corny than WD (did you notice the nod to WD in the first episode? :)), but not terrible. A nice change of pace from the far more dramatic WD.

Michonne is by far my favorite character, though I love Daryl and Carol, too (and their relationship). I like it overall, and really, I like that it's become more about the humans and the walkers have been more of a background threat. It makes sense that after several years of this kind of situation, dealing with the walkers would pretty much become second nature, and it's the humans you have to start watching out for, as the resources from civilization start running out and people have to find ways to survive through other means.

All of season One of the Walking Dead is showing Sunday July 3rd/2016 beginning at 7:00 PM EST on AMC. After that five more sundays each showing one season. Looking forward to it.

Well, I am a bit late coming to view this series, but now we've been binge watching and are up to season six. I agree with what others have said about things slowing down a bit for drama but overall I am enjoying the show!

I watched it for a while with my dude, it was our thing for a few seasons we watched together on Netflix, but then he went and watched the rest without me and I totally lost interest after that. :(

I really couldn't watch, watch it, all that super graphic stuff gets into my head and screws me up. I often had to turn away and he had to tell me what was happening and when it would be safe to look again. Those artists really did a good job on it though. Pretty crazy people go to school for that now. :p

I often wonder what materials they use to make such realistic looking gore! (BTW, I often cover my eyes when it gets too realistic.):eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom