• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Walking Dead: Yet Another Departure

Well thanks for the spoiler alert! :(

It's front-page stuff in our media. Seriously, it's kind of hard to overlook or turn a blind eye to. Especially with one more season to go.

Guess it's down to Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride as to whether the last of the core cast will be leaving any time soon. We're already seeing previews of Laura Cohan in her new tv show with Scott Foley on ABC. But then her leaving has been known for a few months.

Last edited:
Oh right fair enough, well there’s been nothing over here on the other side of the pond. I know it’s not fashionable to like walking dead at this late stage, but I still really enjoy the story continuation and I’m counting down the days until it kicks off again! :)

I know it’s not fashionable to like walking dead at this late stage, but I still really enjoy the story continuation and I’m counting down the days until it kicks off again! :)

Yeah, same here. Whether the show has peaked or not, I'll be watching it to its very last episode, whether in the near future or years from now. I'll remain a diehard fan.

Given the very nature of the writing, I suppose we can't count on much of anyone remaining indefinitely anyways. That if the grim reaper doesn't get them, new job opportunities will. Not to mention the specter for actors of being typecast only for zombie films and tv.

Nine and ten years for any tv series is a lot in dog years! :eek:

Still, what an ugly prospect. Life after TWD. o_O But even then, there's still FWD. :cool:

Last edited:
Let's hope that Darryl and Carol and Eugene and Jesus can carry much of this afterward. It's been somewhat anti-climatic with Rick and so many others departing the series. Have to say that this year the 'whisperers' as the the new plot line does not enthuse me all that much. As I know what happens in the books and comics. Each director seems to deviate quite a lot from the proffered plot lines. So it may be interesting, as I too have watched the series from the very beginning. Looking forward to more intrigues and mystery and frights.

Let's hope that Darryl and Carol and Eugene and Jesus can carry much of this afterward.

Jesus? Not likely, unless he comes back as a walker. R.I.P. :(

In the case of the whisperers, it looks like a change in tactics will have to be considered. But then while a single shot to the head is easy enough, the noise it makes that can potentially draw the real walkers in great numbers isn't so appealing. :eek:

The basic strategy of the Whisperers seems quite clever under the circumstances. Especially if they deliberately forage about in close proximity to actual walkers.

Last edited:
He died? I don't recall how that happened. That's too bad. He was a favourite, since his seemingly magical abilities with the truck full of pharmaceutical supplies.

He died? I don't recall how that happened. That's too bad. He was a favourite, since his seemingly magical abilities with the truck full of pharmaceutical supplies.

The last episode some months ago. As some others were running away from walkers who turned out to be Whisperers. At the gate and wall in the fog, one of them killed Jesus. In "Talking Dead" as I recall, it was brought up whether or not he actually died. Unfortunately Scott Gimple put the kabosh on that in person.

Yeah, I liked the character as well.

Last edited:
I liked the character as well.

Vaguely recall the incident, the last episode is a little hazy. Likely as a result of other things happening around that time. It seems anti-climatic in the face of his contributions, perhaps he wanted it that way.

Vaguely recall the incident, the last episode is a little hazy. Likely as a result of other things happening around that time. It seems anti-climatic in the face of his contributions, perhaps he wanted it that way.

I suppose they created the scene that way for the shock value to introduce the Whisperers. But hey...it's TWD. Seems evident by now that no one in this universe lives forever. So many regulars long gone.

Though I am looking forward to seeing the next episode of "Ride", where Norman's guests include Andrew Lincoln, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I think Melissa McBride as well. Sounded like Norman convinced her to get a motorcycle license. I suppose they best keep moving or they'll draw some huge crowds! :cool:

"Ride" has been my favorite travel show for a while now. :)

Last edited:
I must admit I don’t remember Jesus getting it either. As for Rick he might have left for now but as he was still alive on the chopper with Jadus, don’t we think he/they will be back at a later date? I think so.

The whisperers have just really been introduced so far so that could be developed even though it’s pretty gruesome to move in a herd if you’re not dead. Do the whisperers wear plastic/rubber masks or are they wearing real skinned heads? If it’s real the smell must be horrendous!

I suppose you’re right @Judge we can’t expect anyone to remain indefinitely. Being typecast must be a worry for actors, and 10 years is a long time for one show. I just don’t see them as actors or real people outside of TWD. They’ve done such a good job of sucking me in and convincing me I’m watching through a window into another world, that I forget it’s just all TV fiction! I’ll be a diehard fan right until the end too.

@Mia does it not spoil the show for you if you’ve read the books and comics? I haven’t read any of them so I have no idea what’s coming up. Isn’t Negan still in jail, that’s a line to develop? Will the Carol/Darryl romance stoke up again, there’s unfinished business there?

What about Eugine is he the token Aspie, is there anything in the press over there about that? I wonder about Daryll too, he has lots of our characteristics.

So many questions I can’t wait! It’s funny I watch hardly any TV and I have no interest in magic, supernatural, zombies etc but something about the characters and this show has really sucked me in and I don’t know why. Well not long to go now! :D

I must admit I don’t remember Jesus getting it either. As for Rick he might have left for now but as he was still alive on the chopper with Jadus, don’t we think he/they will be back at a later date? I think so.

Apparently so, Rick will return in a few episodes. If it fits the storyline accurately. Don't know how they will work him in.

The whisperers have just really been introduced so far so that could be developed even though it’s pretty gruesome to move in a herd if you’re not dead. Do the whisperers wear plastic/rubber masks or are they wearing real skinned heads? If it’s real the smell must be horrendous!

They're wearing zombie skin. Probably why they can move within the herds, as they smell just like them.

@Mia does it not spoil the show for you if you’ve read the books and comics? I haven’t read any of them so I have no idea what’s coming up. Isn’t Negan still in jail, that’s a line to develop? Will the Carol/Darryl romance stoke up again, there’s unfinished business there?

Not really. Usually look at the graphic comics online if I wonder what's going to happen during the show, which way it will go. More an answer to my questions. Yet, most of the comics have several story lines, which the directors deviate from all the time. So its almost a guessing game.
The books themselves are published after that particular episode has run on tv. They are in fact, almost like a screenplay of the episodes, using the graphic comics as the plot line. Think there are six or so books related to it, that have been published. Used to buy one every year during the early episodes. The last one I read was in 2015, Walking Dead 'Decent.' A story line that has not been developed and I don't know if it will be. In fact I doubt it, given the way the series is going.

What about Eugine is he the token Aspie, is there anything in the press over there about that? I wonder about Daryll too, he has lots of our characteristics.

Eugene, there's not much in the press about him. He doesn't do all that many interviews, I believe he was at a comicon last summer along with some other TWD members. But he does not usually talk about what will happen in the forthcoming series. One of my favourites, and I predicted that he would help to take down Negan and his group. When many people were saying that he was a traitor. He's one of the more complex characters in the walking dead.

Don't know which way Daryll will go. He seems to not want a leadership role, rather he's a lone wanderer/mercenary. After Rick, don't know if anyone would want to replace him. Only time will tell, who steps up.

I could elaborate on that, but that would truly involve some serious spoilers. The sort of thing that the writers may not deviate so much from the graphic novel.

It's the skin of walkers that they use. But as the real thing, they can blend right in with real walkers. Making for a vicious form of camouflage at point-blank range.

I suppose you’re right @Judge we can’t expect anyone to remain indefinitely. Being typecast must be a worry for actors, and 10 years is a long time for one show.

Yes indeed- a worry for actors. When even if they do an Emmy-Award winning job, unless they're finding work elsewhere the system is liable to typecast them into a single or similar genre. I see it a lot with those actors who don't usually get the lead parts. Makes me curious as to what Andrew Lincoln may be up to, now that he's out of the show.

Last edited:
It was a little confusing the previous Sunday on TWD . As they seem to want to cover all instances from season nine's ending. Many newbies on the show with some potential I suppose. Particularly Nadia Hilker a german actress, who's playing Magna in TWD. As well as Cassady McClinty as Lydia the jailed whisperer. Only time will tell where this is going to go.

Woah the latest episode with the whisperers was heavy! :eek: I didn’t see (what happened at end) coming, so that should shake things up. It was all getting a bit too comfortable and ordered in a world of chaos, stand by for some fireworks now I reckon.

Sad to say, I missed it. The one show that I watch every week. Maybe someone can update me, if they are so inclined.

Last edited:
I think the show is still enjoyable to watch, but you can tell they're padding it out.

The first four seasons were brilliant. I didn't start watching this show until 2016. I bought a lot of the box sets and just found that Negan's arrival late that year changed all of that, and made it very soap opera-ish afterwards. Then when a lot of the major stars left, I knew it was not going to get better.

Something has been going on that we just hear speculation about. Cast members ain't happy about the pay or the direction of their character, or something has them feeling disgruntled.

New Threads

Top Bottom