• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The ultimate cure for Anxiety, cat islsnd.

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
Take me to cat island all the purring calms me down and Anxiety eased, no medication needed like ketamine im calm, relaxed and loved with the purring.

I agree!
I love this, one of the many Japan youtubers I follow has been here. I think the place is called Tashirojima? Sadly all the mostly elderly residents are dying and at this rate the island will have no-one to care for them. In any case a purfect place to go after travel bans have been lifted lol. It makes me want to do a fundraiser and set up there and just...live in paradise for the rest of my life lol

I love the way they never quite jump in the lake!

I found a video of Clapham Junction station that got me worked up (in a good sense) and calmed down, at the same time (I used to stand on those platforms for real, in a previous life).

I adore horse films, both alone & in herds.

Sea films. Lightish or oldish aeroplane films. Mountain films. Misty meadow films.

I would love to go there too! Apparently there's also a train station whose station master is a cat.

I would love to go there too! Apparently there's also a train station whose station master is a cat.

Wikipedia said:
Tama (Japanese: たま, April 29, 1999 – June 22, 2015) was a female calico cat who gained fame for being a station master and operating officer at Kishi Station on the Kishigawa Line in Kinokawa, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan.

Tama was made the station master, and the publicity saved the station from having to shut down. Unfortunately she died, and has had several successors.

There are actually TWO cat islands in Japan:

Aoshima, Ehime - Wikipedia

OP's video is likely of Aoshima.

Tashirojima - Wikipedia

Tashirojima is the more famous of the two cat islands. It is here that the cat shrine is found, and the island that has made its way into Japanese pop culture, with a movie and TV series set on the island.

Cats are considered good luck in Japanese and Chinese culture, the opposite of the fear of cats as harbingers of evil found in Europe and in England-based colonial cultures like the USA. Cat idols are a common sight in Japanese and Chinese retail stores, displayed by merchants, often at the cash register, in order to attract sales and thus profits. In Chinese communities in the US the idol is sometimes called Million Dollar Cat. I have one of my own, purchased in San Francisco's Chinatown in the mid 90s. Daiso sells the Japanese version, but I don't like the way that one looks.

Ōkunoshima - Wikipedia

There is also a Rabbit Island, Okunoshima. Okunoshima's history is much darker-the Japanese military manufactured poison gas there in the 1920s and 1930s. After the surrender, the gas facilities were burned. American occupiers then destroyed the remaining stocks of gas. The post-reconstruction government planted rabbits on the island, in the hopes of eventually turning it into a large park. Those plans were never fully realized. The rabbits are the only full time inhabitants today, although a small museum is sometimes open that commemorates the island's days as a poison gas plant.

It makes me want to do a fundraiser and set up there and just...live in paradise for the rest of my life lol
full
(Given your canine avatar, I know why you really want to go there...
full
)

Apparently there's also a train station whose station master is a cat.
full
(I hope they know to stay off of the tracks...! :eek: :catface::catface: :bullettrain:)

I would love to just be buried in cats, I wouldn’t even care if I couldn’t breathe under them all, KITTY SNUGGLES TO THE MAX!!! So much purring! If I suffocated under them at least I’d die happy.

New Threads

Top Bottom