• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resource icon

The Rosie Project 2016-08-01

Mxi

Mxi submitted a new resource:

The Rosie Project - Light hearted well-written book about aspie professor and Rosie. Written from aspie perspective

Great book written from aspie point of view. Book is a 'quick read'. It's funny and treats the subject of autism and Autistic people with respect. I suspect the author is an aspie because of the many times I said "...Yeah that happens to me too!"

Book can be bought or borrowed from many libraries. I accessed this book as an audiobook.

Read more about this resource...

Doesn't it make you wonder how someone so socially inept can be so professionally successful? For my part, I lost a job for screwing up a research project, so that puts paid to any thought of doing a PhD.

I searched 'rosie project' on the forum and nothing came up but then I happened upon this post by chance.

So, I'd like to second the recommendation of this book. I didn't realise it was about a man with aspergers when I started it but very soon I was saying to myself 'hold on...what's this?' :p I can't remember if autism or aspergers is even directly stated..but you know.

Anyway the protagonist is a fellow looking for love and though I don't generally go for romance this was a bit different. I think many would enjoy it, male and female. It was light and fun and left me feeling good.

The Rosie Project on Goodreads.

Here is the author Graeme Simsion talking about it:

New Threads

Top Bottom