• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Rings of Power

Tom

V.I.P Member
monster-lord-of-the-rings-ring-of-power.gif

They have a Snow Troll!

Any one watching the new Tolkien series on Amazon? I am taking my time. Only partly thru the first episode but have a positive impression so far.

I'm at the 26 minute mark of Episode One and absolutely loving it. I thought it'd be a cheap ripoff, and overly politicized. But, so far, this is just pure fantasy, and I'm enjoying every moment.

Dear Amazon,

I loved your new Lord of the Rings series. Every moment was action packed.

That being said, three quick questions:

Number one, why is the CGI so terrible? Care Bears in the Land of Joke A Lot had better CGI- no.... actually Max Hedrom, Circa 1987 had better CGI. I've played more realistic 1990s video games.

Next question:

Why on earth were those little hobbit girls hanging out with a drunk, near-naked hobo for one and a half episodes? I mean, even Gandalf the White, after fighting a Balrog and dying, managed to find himself a cloak. What gives?

And Finally:

Why are the elves so human like? Falliable, annoying, non-magical, downright whiny- and not tall and statuesque for the most part? Elrond is short and sort of fat faced, barely taller than the dwarves, Galadriel is like 4'9" with zero muscle tone, and the king of the elves is pretty pudgy. I am not body shaming anyone, but these are mythical elves. The only elf that looked like an elf was (forgive me for forgetting his name, and referring to him as the following) the black elf in The Southlands. He looked and behaved exactly how Tolkien described the elves. But everyone else, was just short, stubborn, and whiny.

Bonus question: Why are you depicting Elrond and Galadriel as having a somewhat romantic relationship and having them call each other "friend". Galadriel is his cousin, and eventually, through marriage, the grandmother of Arwen. Isn't that close enough kin to say "Ewwww" to????

Last edited:
I finished episodes 1 and 2 last night. Only real criticisim is episode 3 isn't out yet. ;(

Some random thoughtatamizing.

Beware SPOILERS Ahead !!!!!

I thought it very cool that it was a Harfoot girl who meets and initially orients the meteor man. Now I don't know, I did no advance reading about this series, but guess that it is none other then Gandalf. He has some of the exact same mannerisms/effects as used in the Lotr films. And in lore we know he is one of several spirit beings sent to Middle Earth to help against Sauron. Even in the books he is not completely aware of what has gone before in his reincarnations (ie somewhat muddled). It nicely links the strange attachment Gandalf has for Hobbits thru out the books (and films). Also as 'Brandyfoot' I think she may be an actual ancestor to both Bilbo and Frodo guessing it is an earlier form of the later 'Brandybuck' that is part of the Baggins lineage.

I agree with Yeshuasdaughter that Arondir seems the most Elvish in character.

Typing tires me quickly so more later.

Thoughtatamizing is a real word. Once I typed it out it came into existance.

This show is so incredible!

I am a huge Tolkien nerd. My mom raised me on Tolkien, and not only is the universe and history of Middle Earth a huge special interest, but I was taught which Led Zeppelin songs are about which parts of the book series.

I freaking love Rings of Power. A lot of it goes with the storyline, and a lot of it doesn't. And that's okay. It's a television series.

If you love high fantasy, English literature, great monologues, battles between good and evil, and stories of rising to nobility and righteousness, and claiming the house of your fathers, oh my goodness, watch this show!!!

This show is so incredible!

I am a huge Tolkien nerd. My mom raised me on Tolkien, and not only is the universe and history of Middle Earth a huge special interest, but I was taught which Led Zeppelin songs are about which parts of the book series.

I freaking love Rings of Power. A lot of it goes with the storyline, and a lot of it doesn't. And that's okay. It's a television series.

If you love high fantasy, English literature, great monologues, battles between good and evil, and stories of rising to nobility and righteousness, and claiming the house of your fathers, oh my goodness, watch this show!!!

Yes agreed. I am enjoying the series immensely. I just watched episode 4 last night and was pleasently surprised at the unexpectedly complex character of Adar. Very cool. Arondir meanwhile continues to really nail his role. Loved the scene at the edge of the forest. Nice surprise turnaround in Numeanor too. And in Moria, the plot thickens, lol.

I'm holding off on watching new episodes. My daughter is into the show too, and I want the plot to be a surprise for us to watch together, when she is home.

New Threads

Top Bottom