• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The power of imagination?

Major Tom

Searching for ground control...
V.I.P Member
Some of what is said in this video is a little hard to come to terms with, but other things I find to be true. It basically said that if you imagine your ideal future and immerse yourself into that imagination 100% of your dreams will become inevitable. That part doesn't make sense to me.

What did ring true was the focus on not letting the outside world or the internet, tv etc. to deny the possibilities of things. That imagination was more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited, but imagination is world wide. Also about how words are seeds and what you say about yourself becomes a reality (good or bad). A bunch more things that made sense and others that didn't. It's about a 10 minute video. If you have the time and are interested check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Sounds similar to what's written in the Seth books. The basic concept is that we create our own reality.

"Consciousness creates form. It is not the other way around. All personalities are not physical. It is only because you are so busily concerned with daily matters that you do not realize that there is a portion of you who knows that its own powers are far superior to those shown by the ordinary self."

It's interesting reading. Some of it seems quite far fetched, but other exerts and subject matter does seem to make a lot of sense. They're quite heavy books though, it doesn't feel like the sort of material you can read through quickly.

Ed

I guess I'll start with imagining I have a million dollars by tomorrow morning and let you know how it turns out :p

I guess I'll start with imagining I have a million dollars by tomorrow morning and let you know how it turns out :p

I've already tried that, countless times.

It doesn't work :(

Perhaps you'll prove me wrong? If so, please post your address on this thread tomorrow so that I can send you a begging letter :D

I don't think imagining is the right word. It sounds more like focus and obsession. If your constantly focused on something you are far more likely to achieve it. Listen to any top sports person or artist and you'll hear them talk about how they never stop thinking and working towards a goal. Just my 2 cents but it a more practical view than wishing or hoping.

Well, no million dollars, but I slept ok and no bad dreams, so that's worth something.

Joel, you are probably correct.

So in that sense what would prophesy be considered?

What they said in the video, was: if you say and believe whatever it is you desire and fully immerse yourself into it, you create a self fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited:
This sort of thing makes me angry sometimes, because I’ve fully committed myself to becoming a medical doctor for over 10 years, and although I did get my medical degree and I do work as a medical doctor, I can no longer pursue the path I have been working towards because of health issues. Imagining myself healthy doesn’t seem to work.

This sort of thing makes me angry sometimes, because I’ve fully committed myself to becoming a medical doctor for over 10 years, and although I did get my medical degree and I do work as a medical doctor, I can no longer pursue the path I have been working towards because of health issues. Imagining myself healthy doesn’t seem to work.

Yes, I have my doubts about some of what was said in the video as well. Some of it did hit a thread with me, for example the power of positive thinking.

New Threads

Top Bottom