• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Post?

kay

I rarely go see a film. In the last six years I've only seen one movie at a regular theater (and it was a terrible experience), the other 3 were documentaries at the non-profit artsy sorta theater(always quiet enough to tolerate). Most movies I see advertised I don't even want to see on DVD later much less in a loud theater but I saw The Post advertised and am kinda interested. It's history and politics, not an action film, not sci-fi, not super heros. Looked it up and became a bit more interested. I may just wait and watch it at home but this time I'm really tempted. It looks like a film similar to Fat Man, Little Boy and similar films in the 80's, early 90's. And of course as nervous as current politics makes me this certainly is a timely film. Was curious if anyone else was thinking of seeing it and if anyone who is a frequent movie goer has any thoughts on possible decibel levels for a film of that type.

Was curious if anyone else was thinking of seeing it and if anyone who is a frequent movie goer has any thoughts on possible decibel levels for a film of that type.

No special effects. No real violence or warfare other than perhaps the news story itself- exposing the Vietnam war. But otherwise how noisy can the process of journalism be?

Perhaps on par with "All The President's Men" ?

Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep directed by Steven Spielberg? Sounds like a winner.

Plugs like these might help a lot as long at art shin-digs. I love my pink foam ones but sometimes I can't hear quite enough with those.
After I posted, I researched a little more. These cut the dB level by 20, while there are others that cut it only 12dBs. There are even some that have an on-off switch that will cut by 20-25dBs, depending on the position of the switch. So maybe there's a pair (or two) that can help you, depending on the situation.

I rarely go see a film. In the last six years I've only seen one movie at a regular theater (and it was a terrible experience), the other 3 were documentaries at the non-profit artsy sorta theater(always quiet enough to tolerate). Most movies I see advertised I don't even want to see on DVD later much less in a loud theater but I saw The Post advertised and am kinda interested. It's history and politics, not an action film, not sci-fi, not super heros. Looked it up and became a bit more interested. I may just wait and watch it at home but this time I'm really tempted. It looks like a film similar to Fat Man, Little Boy and similar films in the 80's, early 90's. And of course as nervous as current politics makes me this certainly is a timely film. Was curious if anyone else was thinking of seeing it and if anyone who is a frequent movie goer has any thoughts on possible decibel levels for a film of that type.
Whatever film you go to see cinema managers presume you are profoundly deaf so the volume has to be as high as somebody profoundly deaf would need
I haven't been to the pictures for 16 years ,saw Spider-Man, after that I've got them on DVD or should I say one on DVD and watch the rest on television with subtitles that's an interesting thought,Are there screenings for the deaf never heard of it .

Just watched the trailer it's loud I think they're going to be sections about the Vietnam war take your earplugs i'd rather watch it on TV and stop it when I want to

Just watched the trailer it's loud I think they're going to be sections about the Vietnam war take your earplugs i'd rather watch it on TV and stop it when I want to
I think I may need to find someone who has seen it first to get an idea if I need to wait because battle scenes do get horribly loud. I hadn't realy thought about the Vietnam war parts. One 120+ decibel bomb exploding might be enough to ruin the rest of the film for me. Too bad theaters are so loud.

Here's a link to an interesting article about Tom Hanks and the movie:
Tom Hanks Wouldn't Screen 'The Post' at the White House, Decries Attacks on First Amendment
I don't want to get too political about this in the 'Movies, Music&Television' section, but that sorta is in part why I am actually wanting to see it sooner rather than later. Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis of sorts. This is the type of thing I was soooo interested in back when I did go see movies. There was a time when I was young.... ah, but now.

New Threads

Top Bottom