• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The police put a card through my door today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Zing

WIN-20190910-22-00-22-Pro.jpg

This is what I've been saying. They like picking on people. I wish I knew what this is about.

It would have been nice if they had checked one of the boxes in regarding. This would send me into escape mode and ptsd mode. But if you're asking for advice, you may want to call and ask what it pertains to.
should have put a warning on this one - my insides are going crazy and I'm trembling.

They constantly pick on me over two women who used to be support workers at a company in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm not allowed to contact them, and I've been deeply depressed for what feels like forever now. Either that, or it's other people who are acting all sore online because they screwed me over somehow, and when I react to what they did to warrant the reaction, they do this to get their sad sense of payback.

It would have been nice if they had checked one of the boxes in regarding.
Yes!! I can't agree with @Pats more.

Have you considered just asking them?
Again, yes!!

BUT, is this one of those situations where you actually DO know why they are contacting you??
For example, the women you mentioned, who you aren't allowed to contact - have you contacted them?

If you’re invited to the station for a ‘chat’ don’t go without legal representation. If they tell you that is not necessary, definitely don’t go!

“1) You may receive a telephone call, letter, or simply a card through the door inviting you to make contact and arrange a convenient time to go to the police station. If this happens to you, always try to make a note of the police officer’s name, station, shoulder or warrant number, or telephone number. Trying to track down an officer simply by their surname can be extremely difficult!

2) It is highly recommended that at this point you contact a solicitor immediately. The solicitor will take the officer’s details from you and liaise with the police on your behalf. They will help you to arrange a time and date for interview which is convenient for you.”

Kirwans Solicitors Liverpool | Private & Commercial Law Firm Merseyside, Wirral | Kirwans Solicitors

Beware, a voluntary police interview is not a cosy chat with the authorities

What to do if contacted by the police for an interview under caution

Last edited:
Yes!! I can't agree with @Pats more.

Again, yes!!

BUT, is this one of those situations where you actually DO know why they are contacting you??
For example, the women you mentioned, who you aren't allowed to contact - have you contacted them?

No. They make up stuff to get me into bother, and so does a lot of people. I've also got a stalker, that spams on another forum, and who annoys me every single day. You can see the obnoxious posts he made if you look at the index of this other forum I go on.

Last edited:
But what is the current contact from the police about?
Have you actually asked what it concerns?

If I had received something in such a format that was nondescript, the first thing I would have thought is that someone might be playing a practical joke. Good reason to simply contact the police first to determine if this is even real.

If so, then there's your chance to ask them over the phone for the details they should have provided. After all, referring only to incident numbers or crime numbers are of little help to the public.

At least you can prepare better if this is a real request. After all, you never want to go into a cold interview with law enforcement without a clue as to why.

No, but it's probably to do with those former support workers. The police have had me going to West Lothian before, so they could interview me. But apart from them, I've had countless other people online giving me grief, and like I said, this one Kiwi or Aussie guy keeps spamming on that forum, because whoever is in charge decided to do away with the moderators.

Don't assume you are in trouble. The police sometimes contact people in the community to ask if they may have seen or noticed anything on a particular day/night. It could be that simple.

Don't assume you are in trouble. The police sometimes contact people in the community to ask if they may have seen or noticed anything on a particular day/night. It could be that simple.

Good point. Maybe that's why the note was nondescript.

Helping the police as a potential witness isn't something you explicitly want to advertise on or near anyone's front door. Especially if community-police relations aren't so rosy.

Though the very practice gives me the creeps if they routinely just stick such a notice into the door jam where others might retrieve and read it. Through a mail slot would be infinitely better...hopefully that's the case with the OP.

Last edited:

I don't know what it's about anyway, and I don't really want to talk to them. My stress levels have been over the moon for years now. And rightfully so, as well.

The troll on that other forum already got rumbled. He uses names like Gumpy, Rawhide, or James Mitchell, and he keeps posting spam almost every single day, or sending anonymous tips to people from films I worked on, hoping they'll change their mind about having me in them. He had posted his photos on another site ages ago too, and included his dog, and because I discovered a Twitter profile that I think is the creep's own account, he now posts to say I'm being foolish, because he enjoys denying that it's him, and supposedly I need better glasses, because he maintains that it's a different type of dog, and I'm wrong about everything, while spamming flash images of people laughing, or even posting pictures of his own excrement with a video game character edited on it. And he said that I'm only in movies because I use my "retard checks" to be in them, since real casting agencies aren't interested in a guy with a checkered past. Or something along those lines. But I know that sooner or later, I'm gonna have a massive stroke from all of this anxiety, because I don't feel well at all.

I'm maybe wrong about this idiot residing in New Zealand, and maybe Spark is also an ISP operating in Australia. The cops don't care. I've had all my reports ignored. I'm not certain either way, but he is definitely living in that part of the world somewhere, going by all the breadcrumbs he left in his wake, and I reckon this menace needs to grow up, or just accept the ultimatum.

Yes, I am familiar with the posts you have made in the past about that.

This card, however, is not so much in the past.
It appears that you just received the card today,
that you don't know what it's about, and haven't
yet made any attempt to find out.

Rather than find out, it seems you prefer to guess.

We got a visit from some police one time when I was at work. They told my wife they wanted to come back later that evening and talk to us. My wife called me asking, "What did you do?" I told her I had no idea.

When the police came, they just told us someone had used our phone number as part of identity theft. They didn't give us any other information. I'm guessing they just wanted to see the both of us to make sure we didn't match some other picture or description.

My guess is that if they're just leaving a note and not banging your door down, it's an informational visit. They have information for you or they want information from you. I wouldn't panic.

I don't think I'll get any paid film roles as an extra or likewise, until these orders have expired, but that's years from now. Besides, there are literally hundreds of wannabe actors and I've got all this anxiety and no support. It just isn't right. I think society today really sucks.

WIN-20190910-22-00-22-Pro.jpg

This is what I've been saying. They like picking on people. I wish I knew what this is about.

It's lazy how they've filled in the form. Missed out boxes, put their collar numbers in the name field and campaign in the collar number field.

Do you know why they'd want to speak to Peter Anderson?

What makes you feel that the police like picking on people??

I've had a note like that and it turned out to be a search for info about an assault that happened near my home, about which I knew nothing.

Anyway as has been suggested by others there is a very clear solution to your concerns. Ring up and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom