• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The next stage in Evolution

Evolution (so far as I am aware) doesn't really happen in descrete steps. There are no evolutionary benchmarks, per say, just an ever branching path where each individual in a linage represents a tiny, inperceptable step towards whatever comes next.

But will autistic traits propegate in the long term of human evolution? That is a fascinating question.

I'm ok with that....as long as it doesn't involve a sixth finger- or pointed ears.

Yeah, it's "Ducky" before he worked for NCIS. Clearly he had a colorful resume. ;)

next stage in Evolution
Evolution does not work that way!

tumblr_mkwcexL9GR1r8q9x8o1_500.gif

I'm ok with that....as long as it doesn't involve a sixth finger- or pointed ears.

Yeah, it's "Ducky" before he worked for NCIS. Clearly he had a colorful resume. ;)

No just superior brain power and the inability to go to night clubs. [emoji4]

Evolution (so far as I am aware) doesn't really happen in descrete steps. There are no evolutionary benchmarks, per say, just an ever branching path where each individual in a linage represents a tiny, inperceptable step towards whatever comes next.

But will autistic traits propegate in the long term of human evolution? That is a fascinating question.
I was referring to the play 'Lucy'. It was just a fun play with words. You know FUN[emoji12] [emoji38]

Evolution likes to try new things. It really does not know where it is going. Or why. Humans (Homo Sapiens) have a lot of little things in our bodies that are either left-over from our ancient ancestors or that developed and proved useless. The "useless" stuff tends to degrade but often does not entirely vanish. Have you read about Blue eyes? Recent genetic research thinks that all people have Brown Eyes by basic intent of our primary genomes; except that a gene on that double-helix spiral came into being that "turns off" the ability to put enough pigment into the eyes of that individual to make them Brown. A mutation. From one single individual a couple of hundred thousand years ago. Pale skin (white people) are an other of these mutations. The percentage of the pigment is much less. Some of us would probably have transparent skin except that it won't work. People with too little pigment are quite red because the blood is visible and the live tissues under the skin are damaged or killed by daylight. The limiting factor that continues is the minimum pigment level that provides survivability. So no transparent skin. "White persons" probably survived early on because they were a little unique and exotic. Higher price in the slave markets and something 'cool' to have to show off; as, a/some white slaves or wives/concubines. Like owning a Ferrari or a big diamond ring. Slave markets? Yes. slavery is/was a standard thing for all humanity for all of time everywhere. Anyone with money (superior economic position) and/or power had slaves to do the work. Slavery came to be undesirable recently because machinery (Industrial Revolution) does it all better and faster and Cheaper. Electricity (the electric motor and very very recently the revolution in electronics) is vastly superior to slaves and dirt cheap also.

Autistic persons were not tolerated except as possible "seers" of the future? All creatures tend to gang up on the hurt, the different, the strange-- -- - and destroy them. Just read about a mechanical shark created under the oversight of the Cousteau's in the 1990's. Plastic frame and skin. Swam by using it's tail just like a real shark. Operated with compressed air and controlled with an umbilical hose from inside a shark cage by a scuba diver. Off the coast of Australia on the Great Barrier Reef they "swam" the artificial shark with Great White sharks. All went very well and the artificial shark was accepted. Then they did a minor modification to the plastic shark that made it seem sick or injured. Immediately everything changed and the real sharks attacked and destroyed the plastic shark. Real life is not much fun when things get questionable. Note that we, as a "something different" need to try to adjust and not be obviously different all the time.

I am a High Functioning Autistic (Aspie) and got along adequately but there was always something that did not "jell." I did much better working where I was by myself most of the time. A couple of years ago I began to need a powered personal mobility device (a 'Scooter') sometimes, and my world changed dramatically. There is a lot of sympathy and considerate behavior (Politically Correct?) but also everybody has backed off in every way. Validates what I am saying.

Maybe our primary HFA tendencies to think and behave "Outside The Box" have been the source of most, maybe all (?) of human technological advancement? From the rock being used as a tool where an autistic person in the tribe began shaping the rock, figured out how to make it a spear-head or knife; all the way to Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein? Dunno. But it has obviously been a rough ride all the way. I think Autism, the 'Spectrum,' is an inherent variable in the human creature but is not a 'wave of things to come.' More like a sometimes thing that helps Collective Humankind to survive and improve.

I'm not sure who Manny is, but if it's true I would place it as the missing link between Homo sapiens sapiens and Eoanthropus dawsoni.

Eoanthropus dawsoni
was instrumental in the origin of Misogynic Music in the early 60's.

1524cdf4a4db531bfaddbf7c0f57bfa3.jpg

Evolution likes to try new things. It really does not know where it is going. Or why. Humans (Homo Sapiens) have a lot of little things in our bodies that are either left-over from our ancient ancestors or that developed and proved useless. The "useless" stuff tends to degrade but often does not entirely vanish. Have you read about Blue eyes? Recent genetic research thinks that all people have Brown Eyes by basic intent of our primary genomes; except that a gene on that double-helix spiral came into being that "turns off" the ability to put enough pigment into the eyes of that individual to make them Brown. A mutation. From one single individual a couple of hundred thousand years ago. Pale skin (white people) are an other of these mutations. The percentage of the pigment is much less. Some of us would probably have transparent skin except that it won't work. People with too little pigment are quite red because the blood is visible and the live tissues under the skin are damaged or killed by daylight. The limiting factor that continues is the minimum pigment level that provides survivability. So no transparent skin. "White persons" probably survived early on because they were a little unique and exotic. Higher price in the slave markets and something 'cool' to have to show off; as, a/some white slaves or wives/concubines. Like owning a Ferrari or a big diamond ring. Slave markets? Yes. slavery is/was a standard thing for all humanity for all of time everywhere. Anyone with money (superior economic position) and/or power had slaves to do the work. Slavery came to be undesirable recently because machinery (Industrial Revolution) does it all better and faster and Cheaper. Electricity (the electric motor and very very recently the revolution in electronics) is vastly superior to slaves and dirt cheap also.

Autistic persons were not tolerated except as possible "seers" of the future? All creatures tend to gang up on the hurt, the different, the strange-- -- - and destroy them. Just read about a mechanical shark created under the oversight of the Cousteau's in the 1990's. Plastic frame and skin. Swam by using it's tail just like a real shark. Operated with compressed air and controlled with an umbilical hose from inside a shark cage by a scuba diver. Off the coast of Australia on the Great Barrier Reef they "swam" the artificial shark with Great White sharks. All went very well and the artificial shark was accepted. Then they did a minor modification to the plastic shark that made it seem sick or injured. Immediately everything changed and the real sharks attacked and destroyed the plastic shark. Real life is not much fun when things get questionable. Note that we, as a "something different" need to try to adjust and not be obviously different all the time.

I am a High Functioning Autistic (Aspie) and got along adequately but there was always something that did not "jell." I did much better working where I was by myself most of the time. A couple of years ago I began to need a powered personal mobility device (a 'Scooter') sometimes, and my world changed dramatically. There is a lot of sympathy and considerate behavior (Politically Correct?) but also everybody has backed off in every way. Validates what I am saying.

Maybe our primary HFA tendencies to think and behave "Outside The Box" have been the source of most, maybe all (?) of human technological advancement? From the rock being used as a tool where an autistic person in the tribe began shaping the rock, figured out how to make it a spear-head or knife; all the way to Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein? Dunno. But it has obviously been a rough ride all the way. I think Autism, the 'Spectrum,' is an inherent variable in the human creature but is not a 'wave of things to come.' More like a sometimes thing that helps Collective Humankind to survive and improve.
That was awesome dude. I love communicating with Aspies.

You beat me to it. I'd rather be the 70's Tomorrow People though, because I would find a way around the Prime Barrier and mess with people in churches.

Definitely the 70's version! While I watched both 70's and 2013-14, I enjoyed the 70's one better, probably due to the fact that it was on when I was around the same age of the characters (maybe a little younger) :)

Definitely the 70's version! While I watched both 70's and 2013-14, I enjoyed the 70's one better, probably due to the fact that it was on when I was around the same age of the characters (maybe a little younger) :)

I never watched the newest one. But I saw the 90's version first and it wasn't terrible, since it was at least created by the same man, but I think the 70's version was way more imaginative with the Galactic Trig and the alien invasions.

I nearly ended up with a sixth finger actually, I've had a skin tag on my left hand index finger for a long long time because the sixth finger I nearly had was cut off when I was a Baby.

I nearly ended up with a sixth finger actually, I've had a skin tag on my left hand index finger for a long long time because the sixth finger I nearly had was cut off when I was a Baby.

I'm just wondering if evolutionists really perceive such a possibility....which would add to our dexterity. But I'm guessing this was no more than something in the minds of television sci fi writers. Interesting to ponder though. I mean if we evolved from apes into man, who is to say that with enough time we might evolve into something else entirely?

What's interesting is that early tetrapods had as many as eight didgits, with the number gradually being reduced as species become more derived. Today most animals max out at about five didgits, whereas other species have fewer. Perhaps it deserves testing, but it would seem that the expense of producing an extra finger outweighs any added dexterity it might provide.

My understanding is that extra fingers and toes tend not to be particularly useful as they don't have any bones. Kinda like Gary Larson's boneless chicken farm.

Last edited:
Not all 'steps' in evolution pan out.

Where have all the Hominids gone...

What we call 'Modern Humans' have come to the top of the chain, come to dominate all else for one reason and one reason alone. They are the best killers on the planet. And they tolerate no competition. I think they are mis-named in the classification tables. Homo Sapiens Sapiens can be translated Very Wise Great Ape. I think Homo Homicida (Killer Great Ape) would be more accurate.

I foresee no change to the status quo. Nothing can compete with them. And even if they/we head towards a self-induced near extinction event, my money's on the very same to emerge out of the ashes... no wiser, but with their weapons still sharp.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom