• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last Book You Read/Next Book You Want to Read?

Like a month ago I read Assassin's Creed Forsaken and last week I read Judas Priest's KK Downing's autobiography, reallly good book, pure rockstar life on 1980's-1990s and many good lessons to end with his reason to leave the band almost 10 years ago.

Finished reading The Andromeda Strain in may.
Have also been busy reading a textbook for half a year, and should finish that in three months.
Darn textbooks. I keep a list of what I've read and I always wonder if I should include textbooks. At this stage I don't.

Last book I read was Shiang by Conn Iggulden, thought that one was for work. Last book I finished for myself was Eclipse of reason by Max Horkheimer. I was positively surprised by the latter, I have to say. Not so much on Iggulden, since Darien, the previous part of that series, was so much better imho.

Darn textbooks. I keep a list of what I've read and I always wonder if I should include textbooks. At this stage I don't.
if you ever get like me it won’t mean a thing I started reading autobiographies and from then on it was like mainlining heroin

I just finished Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. Such a great book. I read it a long time ago but had forgotten how much fun it is.

Now I’m reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Cadavers by Mary Roach. Non-fiction.

I have one, and I never use it. The big reason for me is that while there is no tax (here at least) on physical books, there is on ebooks. This usually means that books that I want are more expensive on the Kindle than if I were to buy a physical copy. That and I don't have to charge a real book :p

Bravo to you for not using Kindle! I will buy physical books until the day I die.

The Secret Rescue: An Untold Story of American Nurses and Medics Behind Nazi Lines, by Cate Lineberry

The Daughter of Time, by Josephine Tey

Protagoras and Logos, by Edward Schiappa

The Stranger, by Albert Camus

Bonfire of the Vanities, by Tom Wolfe

Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow

The Prince, by Machiavelli

... lol I have a few too many books on my desk.....

Have you really read The Prince? I’ve always meant to but have never gotten around to it.

I like Camus. I love nihilist literature in general. Have you read The Trial by Franz Kafka? It’s one of my favorite absurdist/nihilist books.

Just finished:

"The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson."
A charming even amusing novel of a man who steps out of the window of his retirement home on the day of his hundredth birthday party, and does not return. He has many adventures and recounts his fascinating life.

Just bought a copy. It sounds so good!

You’ll love it. It’s fascinating and gross and even macabre but also hilarious.
You're selling it :laughing: I love that sort of thing and death is interesting. I have read a similar book before but I'm struggling to remember the name of it now. It was very well written, though.

If you remember the title, let me know what it is. Death is fascinating! Stiff is crazy, though. In the first chapter, the author visits a medical school and observes plastic surgeons practicing face lifts on a row of severed heads; and in chapter two, she visits the University of Tennessee Medical Center's back garden, in which corpses are scattered so that they can be studied in their various stages of decay. It's totally cool. Very interesting.

If you remember the title, let me know what it is.
I will. Ever since I thought of it this morning my mind is crunching away trying to remember the title or even part of the authors name :p

in chapter two, she visits the University of Tennessee Medical Center's back garden, in which corpses are scattered so that they can be studied in their various stages of decay.
Body farms! Fascinating. We have one here in Australia too.

I will. Ever since I thought of it this morning my mind is crunching away trying to remember the title or even part of the authors name :p

Body farms! Fascinating. We have one here in Australia too.
Watch Stephen Fry in America he goes to the body farm in the University of Kentucky There aren’t just body scattered there is one in a wheelie bin

Watch Stephen Fry in America he goes to the body farm in the University of Kentucky There aren’t just body scattered there is one in a wheelie bin

I'd never heard of body farms before reading Stiff. Did Stephen Fry puke? I would have.

I'd never heard of body farms before reading Stiff. Did Stephen Fry puke? I would have.
Used by universities ,no but I think he was close to it ,He suffered a lot mentally and that changes your sensibilities ,he said he was thinking of donating his body to the university. I couldn’t imagine visiting once you must lose your sense of smell .

I'll look out for that @Streetwise, thank you.
It seems especially sad that sometimes people who are murdered end up in rubbish bins. Like adding insult to injury, although realistically I know that if a person has had their life stolen from them it can't get much worse :/

I wonder what he thought of it all, too. I feel like I would do a lot better with the dead than with live people who are injured. I'm not good with that.

you would not believe what people can do they can do terrible things before somebody is dead my mother was solicitor so some of her stories were not nice

New Threads

Top Bottom