• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last Book You Read/Next Book You Want to Read?

Oh JOY! A thread on my special interest! Love to the OP. I probably already answered so here are the ones I read recently

Aristotle's Poetics and Ethics
Augustine's City of God
Thucydides History of the Peloponnesian War
Boethius Consolation of Philosophy
Caesar: Gallic Wars, Civil Wars
And, of course, Homer's ILIAD!

I'm reading a couple of bits on my Kindle app on my phone at the moment, John Cleese's autobiography (very funny) and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (kind of set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and start of Return of the Jedi so if it was a movie it would be kind of Episode 5.5)

Heather Prince Hughes, she studied gorillas, and found out she was an aspie, she links animals and autism, very funny in parts, a great book about her life and animals.

I'm currently reading D. Randy Blythe's: A dark Memoir, the autobiography from Lamb of God vocalist.

The last book I read was Where am I Going and Can I Have a Map? How to take control of your career plan - and make it happen by Jonathan Black.

After reading Dark Days in just about week I just finished Assassin's Creed The Secret Crusade which I started on friday. Aprox 500pages each...I'm starting to believe a have a reading addiction =|

Next Assassin's Creed Renaissance

Books I've read recently:

Caesar's of the wilderness, Peter C. Newman
A History of Russia, Vernadasky
The Pickwick Papers, Charles Dickens
Oxford book of Canadian Short Stories, various writers.

Normal People by Sally Rooney. It had no dialogue quotes which I can't say I was happy with. Once I started reading I had occasional confusion but not as much as I expected. It was one of those novels where the plot is not so important but I found myself wishing for a happier (or even just a clearer) ending. Glad I read it, though.

Normal People by Sally Rooney. It had no dialogue quotes which I can't say I was happy with. Once I started reading I had occasional confusion but not as much as I expected. It was one of those novels where the plot is not so important but I found myself wishing for a happier (or even just a clearer) ending. Glad I read it, though.

I started it, but found it unbearable.
(lack of quotation marks and the plot)

Let's Pretend This Never Happened/Jenny Lawson. Reading this book for the 100th time because she is hilarious and l like her writing style. Also reread The Collected Stories of Rumpole by John Mortimer. City of Dreams by Tyler Anbinder/400-year epic history of immigrant New York. And pictures of Ellis Island Registry , many many pictures. Beautifully written . l could visualise both sides of my family coming over and settling down, but 578 pages.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened/Jenny Lawson. Reading this book for the 100th time because she is hilarious and l like her writing style.
I looked up Let's pretend this never happened and I've place it on my 'want to read' list :) It's sounds awesome and like something I'll be able to relate to. Interestingly I looked at her other books and realised I already have one of hers listed to read. Furiously happy, in case you were curious.

Just finished:

"The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson."
A charming even amusing novel of a man who steps out of the window of his retirement home on the day of his hundredth birthday party, and does not return. He has many adventures and recounts his fascinating life.

At the moment and near the conclusion of:

"Little Fires everywhere by Celeste Ng."
The story of a female artist and her daughter. Who move around the US from place to place and live a hand to mouth existence under assumed names. Exceptional novel for me personally, the relationship between another character and her daughter is quite familiar.

Last edited:
"Little Fires everywhere by Celeste Ng."
The story of a talented female artist and her daughter. Who move around the US from place to place and live a hand to mouth existence under assumed names.

I have two Celeste Ng on my list already, that one included :) To be clear my list is long and I'm not a fast reader :/ But, who knows...

Finished reading The Andromeda Strain in may.
Have also been busy reading a textbook for half a year, and should finish that in three months.

New Threads

Top Bottom