• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last Book You Read/Next Book You Want to Read?

They never said anything to my face but i saw the looks and murmurings I'm hypervigilant so i just left its closed now
I think stores are always assuming I'm shoplifting, they'll follow me around and constantly ask if I need help, it's completely annoying and makes me not one to go in there. If I go in with dude then they don't. >:

I loved bookshops theres one now in my town ,i like second hand book shops like to see books made in the fifties and earlier love the dustjackets and the discolouration- i laughed remembering helene hanff replying to frank dole in the movie' 84 charing cross road' that she was delighted by English books with leather covers and gold edging so ornate '
She almost salivated ,i like stories like 84 charing cross road '
Her eyesight was weak like mine so i understood her character

I think stores are always assuming I'm shoplifting, they'll follow me around and constantly ask if I need help, it's completely annoying and makes me not one to go in there. If I go in with dude then they don't. >:

I phoned my local bookstore the other day. The person on the other end of the line said, "Can I help you?"
I said, "No. I'm just browsing."

Added it to my list ,wish i could get a new copy of the picture bible its dropping to pieces and the picture bible new testament
Love nightime scenes and where people are sleeping insomniac

I strangely always perceived when i was in a shop people came and looked at what i was looking at as i stand and look at something for quite a while
usually catfood as I'm verging on nervous exhaustation trying to please gizmo one of the small cats

I just finished 2 books-

Monster (by A. Lee Martinez)- I enjoyed this fantasy novel. Never heard of it before I saw it at the used book store during a sale! It's a good mix of fantasy and comedy.

I also read Avengers X-Men: Axis graphic novel. I liked it for the most part.

I just finished a three book series called Geek Girl, was a very fast read for me, I read a book and a half in one day. It was filled with fun facts which I just loved (geek) and the girl in it had gotten into modeling via somebody else putting her in it not through her wanting to be one and going on auditions and whatnot, so it was very interesting for me.

The Gustav Sonata by Rose Tremain. I gave it to my mum last Christmas at her request. She liked it (as do the critics) but I didn't. Plodding prose, lacking in atmosphere and too much unnecessary detail about bodily functions. The main character reads Struwwelpeter in bed - why on earth?!

I read this one at a nearby library today. Very hilarious!:D

CatPlotting.png

I don't really read that much but I like books. The last one I read was a biography about The Psychedelic Furs, a band that I'm into. It was really good and it made me know about them more.

As for favorite books, my favorite book is Gone With The Wind. I had read it so many times and it's probably the first book that made me get into the story and the characters.

New Threads

Top Bottom