• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Four 4's Game

Nervous Rex

High-functioning autistic
V.I.P Member
I'm going to create a few "recreational math" threads, to see if anyone's interested. This is the first.

Starting at 0 create a formula that produces each integer.
Use exactly four 4's (no more, no less) and no other digits.
You may use any math operation you want - add, subtract, multiply, divide, powers, roots, factorial, ceiling, floor, etc.

For example, you can use √, because writing it doesn't require any extra digits, but you can't use ∛, because it requires a 3.

Here are a few to start us off:
0 = 4 - 4 + 4 - 4
1 = 4 * 4 / (4 * 4)
2 = 4 * 4 / (4 + 4)

Edit:
Here's a Wikipedia article that lists some of the math operations used in the Four 4's game: Four fours - Wikipedia

Last edited:
11 = 4! / ((√4)!) - 4/4

When I played this game on paper by myself, I hit a wall and was completely stumped by one number. I wish I could remember what number that was.

12 = (4 * 4) - ( square root of 4 + square root of 4)

(sorry about words instead of square root symbol...cant find it on my mobile phone)

New Threads

Top Bottom