• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Fishing Spot From Hell

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
So, Maddog and I are fishermen by trade. Well, HE is, I'm a novice/apprentice to him.

Now, before I explain the title of the post, let me go on a record by saying that I actually enjoy fishing, when things work out. It's calming, relaxing, it's not stressful at all, and it's a great hobby. And to boot, it's a great opportunity for me and Maddog to bond.

There's just one little problem.

There exists a fishing spot only we know of that's located down the highway where I live. It's bordered by a VERY long trail that feeds off into a river basin that is absolutely full of all sorts of fish, everything from bass to brim to Croppies to croakers and everything inbetween.

Obviously, traveling along the trail itself would take about ten miles of walking. But Maddog found a shortcut, and unfortunately it requires the following:

1. Park about four feet from the first road sign off the side of the highway (yes I am dead serious, this is the only way to start getting into the shortcut for the spot.)

2. Rush through a VERY deep mud marsh that may or may not eat your shoes and/or suffocate you if you faceplant and get stuck. (Again, yes I am serious about this.)

3. Both people have to then sprint holding a heavy arse cooler up to a barbed wire fence that Maddog and his friend Jeremy had conveniently warped downward leaving enough room to vault through. One person has to go first so the other can hand the first the cooler.

4. Quickly sift your way through the prickliest, and most absurdly sharp thickets of foliage known to man placed just there for my convenience.

5. Haul your aft end with herculean strength, most likely more than your body is able to do without initiating the first step in the process of shutdown/consciousness loss, to the edge of the woods, start to the middle of the trail and head west until you reach the basin.

6. Sit on the cooler, weakly cast your line, try to stay awake until you get a strike, and try not to lose consciousness, because at this point you are most likely fatigued beyond waking recovery because you just sprinted across a forest that may happen to be absolutely laden with COVID19.

CAN YOU SEE WHY I HATE THAT SPOT?!

It makes no sense why he's made me go fishing there for, get this, SIX DAYS IN A ROW!!!! I can't keep up anymore! I am STILL recovering from the exhaustion I suffered! That's how much it's worn me out! I've lost two weeks of sleep from going there because he's forced me to stay awake every two and a half days for the week just so I can be prepared to go AGAIN the next day after, because he always starts us at 7 AM sharp to go there!

You know how long I slept last time I did?

Are you sitting? Standing?

Are you drinking something?

Okay. Get this.

The last time I ACTUALLY got a full length of sleep....

I slept for

FORTY EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS STRAIGHT.

I wish I was joking. I sincerely, truly do wish that I made that up. But I'm not. I didn't. I can barely type this alone let alone work up the energy to do something as trivial as rotate the spigots of my showerhead in the morning. It's taking me nearly a full hour to do things like take the trash out, change clothes, clean the house, which is no less exhausting because of the threshold of urgency he uses to make me work and the margin for completion he sets (have you ever spent the entire day trying to use a broken vacuum cleaner's nozzle to suck crumbs and debris out of the unrealistically tight crevices of the edges of the carpet and the trim of the wall? no? I envy you.). He's not being abusive but for the love of God I CAN'T FREAKING BREATHE ANYMORE!

And now he wants me to go with him this morning at sunrise. AGAIN.

Help me. Please. I don't want to go back to that bloody fishing spot anymore. It's risky, it's dangerous, it's way too dang difficult to get into, the preparations have to be fully exact, and if ONE of us so much as grazes the root of an oak tree with our toe while sprint heaving the bastard of a cooler along the forest, we both go tumbling and out comes our supplies on the ground.

Oh heavenly lord, if you can hear my cry, please let me stay home and sleep in...

Some kinda male rivalry thing, nothing you do can ever be gud enuf? I'm currently trappedwith a lot of fishing obsessives due to being I the process of relocating interstate whilst covid panic and travel restrictions grew, so it but it's nice to get outta da house and have a hobby an all, but these people are Obsessed withit like fish crazy or sumsush

Hey, at least it's not strewn with needles and trash, with a local homeless camp causing trouble every time you walk in before dawn.

Sounds like a hard way to make a living, but you have to tell yourself that it really could be worse.

From what I know about fisherpeople, that is just a darn good fishing day. Less COVID there than on a beach for sure.

Did you get any fish?
In the nicest tone possible, who cares? I'm more concerned with staying alive and out of jail rather than trying to hook a big one, though I will add it's a good boost to morale.

I also forgot to mention that when it's time to pack everything up, the whole process has to be done again, only backwards, and that's just as difficult. I was lucky to find a small patch of the mud marsh that was just solid enough for me to get through without sinking my feet into it. But that doesn't make things easier.

I bleeping hate that spot.

In the nicest tone possible, who cares? I'm more concerned with staying alive and out of jail rather than trying to hook a big one, though I will add it's a good boost to morale.

So you're saying nobody caught any fish?

Sifting through the drama of the story, it seems the struggle is the
major facet of interest, to all concerned. And it's not about actually
catching any fish.

Saboteur the jaunt. Fall down and make sure the cooler flat opens and everything drops into the bog. Do this 5 times and you maybe sleeping in. Or refuse to get up. Claim back pain, eyes swollen' drop red food coloring in your eye. Think of something. Your future of relaxation depends on you effectively causing a blimp, like air out of tire. Laxative in something mad dog drinks. Think- Think Think hard, you need to outsmart your handlers. Life is an adventure- you must slowly work towards freedom.

Last edited:
I've only JUST now woken up and I've been drafted to go with him there AGAIN! At this rate I'm going to die of exhaustion. I can't take it anymore! I'm running out of clothes to dirty up!
I'm to the point where I'm contemplating running away from home again and staying away just so I don't have to go to that stupid fishing spot. I suppose an alternative is calling the city hall or something and telling them there's someone going through the fence off the highway and blocking it off somehow, but I don't know how I'd arrange that without him knowing...

Is this a compulsory diversionary program? Cos if not, just say no, it's an important life skill.

Tell him grubhub delivers fish, grocery store will deliver fish, even lobster. This coming of age excursion may cause you a need for Xanax. I agree, get a Sharpie pen and write *no fishing before 9am* on a old teeshirt then wear it. Home on the range does not mean slave labor.

Why don't you go by boat? If your friend is a commercial fisherman, surely he has a boat!
Stepdad. And....we tried that this morning. The boat was too small and it could only hold up Maddog before taking on a little bit of water. THANKFULLY he decided to pack it up after finding out it wouldn't work out.

God I hate that spot.

The first post, descriptive as it was, didn't mention anything about
fence or illegality. Do you both have fishing licenses? Is there an issue
of trespassing? What is your concern regarding jail time as a result of
these arduous fishing forays?

New Threads

Top Bottom