• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Richelle-H

Autocosmic Reality Tester
V.I.P Member
Why is it that there so many gerunds are used as the titles of horror movies. You know like "The Awakening" or "The Haunting of Hill House". There are numerous non-horror usages as well, "Saving Private Ryan" or "Finding Nemo" for example.

The idea of this game is to make up a title or use an existing title with a bit of a twist (The Saving of Private Ryan" as a lame example), but you need to give a quick IMDB like synopsis of the film

Here is my example: (not meant as a horror film, but...?)

"The Fashioning of Amber Mills"

The story of the small Irish town of Amber Mills, famous for their woolen goods, and what happens to the residents as they are confronted by an impromptu drag queen convention. Secrets are uncovered and fashion senses collide, all set to song and dance, in this dramedy musical of sense and sensibility (not related to Jane Austen in any way).

The quelling

Harried housewife Margret volunteers to be a room mother for the sons after school program. After a day spent cleaning glitter glue out of the carpet and deflecting the snide comments made by the working moms, Margret finds her mojo in The Quelling.

The Shining Light

Jack Torrence takes his family on a vacation up to Timberline Lodge to teach them the true meaning of Christmas.

While there, they get a lot closer as a family, and closer to God.

Jack volunteers to chop wood for the lodge fireplace, his wife Wendy takes Sno-Cat lessons, and their little son, Danny has fun riding his tricycle up and down the halls. At the end, they go home, happier than ever.

Driving Miss Daisy Up a Wall

Daisy Duck has had enough of the antics of her nephews Huey, Louie, and Dewey. She sends them to stay with Uncle Goofy. Hilarity ensues! While on a fishing trip, he clumsily teaches them a lesson in responsibility.

The Bedazzling

Belinda Morganstern a quiet Aspie wakes to find herself caught in a seemingly neverending nightmare hen party where every item in her home becomes made over with sequins and glitter by loud and oppressively supportive work colleagues.

Blazing Saddles

While on a cattle drive, a group of clean cut young men work together to fight a raging wildfire.

The Taming of the Shrew

A YouTube tutorial on how to care for small rodent pets, and even teach them tricks!

The Seven Year Itching

Tom Ewell suffers from eczema until his upstairs neighbor, Marilyn Monroe, shares her bottle of hydrocortisone with him.

Idiocracy

Private Joe Bauers, a decisively average American, is selected as a guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program but is forgotten, awakening to a future so incredibly moronic he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

There's no gerund in the title. o_O

It could be something like The Joy of Being an Idiot.

Gerund,...I've looked up the definition on-line. I've never heard of the term. The example,..."Swimming" as a noun and a verb. "Swimming is a fun sport." (noun),...and,..."I was swimming." (verb).

I am realizing, after looking at these posts, I don't seem to understand this type of wit. It can be humorous when I read it a few times, but my brain would never come up with anything like this on its own. I have the same difficulty with puns, as well. My wife loves puns and will share them with me,...she will have to read them a few times before I would ever catch on to them. She would be laughing and I would just stare at her,...totally ruining the moment.

Last edited:
"The Fleecing of the Amazon"

An MCU-DC crossover in which Loki has some mischievous fun at Wonder Woman's expense in this Comedy-Action film that attempts to find another mega-hit in an increasingly silly series. This one throws any attempt at seriousness to the wind as comedic chaos ensues. Tom Hiddleston, Gal Gadot, and the rest of the cast have fun with both the ridiculous plot and the groan worthy dialog. So Grab your popcorn and soda and prepare to be fleeced.

Poking Mildred

Psychological Thriller. Man pokes Mildred and awakens a long slumbering demon. Or is it just Mildred?

Saving Ryan's Privates

Mystery/Adventure. While out on maneuvers, Captain Ryan awakes to find himself alone and his whole company gone.

;)

Gold Digging in 1933

During the great depression, a group of street smart New York chorus girls head west for the gold mines of Northern California.

Pinning Up Girl

Laurie Jones from Missoula thinks her life is really drab, so when she gets the chance to work as a stenographer for the War Dept, she masquerades as a famous interior designer, Miss Laura Lorraine, in order to win the heart of Tommy Dooley, the hero of Guadacanal.

Romancing the Stone
A guy who really needs glasses falls in love with a sculpture in a local park.

Youngling Frankenstein

Renowned college professor, Doctor Fredrick Frankenstein, is in denial that his grandfather may be the villified Sith Lord, Darth Vader. When summoned to his ancestral castle in Transylvania, he discovers a Jedi Temple in the basement. On the table is the Jedi Text "How I Did It", By Darth Vader.

Does he dare go down the path his grandfather took?

Infecting Santa

When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, a group of elementary schoolers head for the only safe place they can think of: Santa's workshop at the North Pole.

Hunger Gaming

A bunch of nerds converge on Comic Con for an epic battle of D&D, but first, they visit the concession stands.

New Threads

Top Bottom