• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Battle Between the Ego and the Observer

FIVER

I have personally been going through getting the log out of my own eye. (I've actually seen it, it is big) I also had a dream about going up a narrow staircase but I was hanging on to a bag attached to a big chain around my body.
Things that have happened to us, trauma and attachments create a belief system, thus trapping us in a "hell". Well, I'm determined to get out of that "hell". Here is an article describing what is actually going on...to get rid of our samskaras is a process.

inspirationopenmind.com/2019/07/01/

There is no free will. Of course, that is open to debate. What is described here are synaptic expression leading to memory, etc. But these are often set thousands of years ago, in utero, first 5 years, last two minutes......

Scientists caught on long ago that wealthy, plugged in people just incidentally did better, made better choices, even Plato's Republic begins with the argument that only the rich can please the gods......So if we can erase memories and do away with imprinted social tags, that would be a miracle. I know people find religion a help and all that, but it's no magic bullet and a whole lot of religious people still spend a lot of time hating those from other religions and socioeconomic levels, all in the name of justice.

If you do what is considered noble at this time in our society or strong or bad etc....it is because we were prepped long, long ago.....Can we change it? Here is a great video regarding justice and morality in the absence of free will.

I needed this today. Everyday l remind myself to step out of myself figuratively so that l can seize the day (carp diem) , (and for some of us -cat diem☺),instead of having mini-seizures. My ex came to town, and l decided to quit running and face him on my own two feet. I think it helped me.

Last edited:
There is no free will. Of course, that is open to debate. What is described here are synaptic expression leading to memory, etc. But these are often set thousands of years ago, in utero, first 5 years, last two minutes......

Scientists caught on long ago that wealthy, plugged in people just incidentally did better, made better choices, even Plato's Republic begins with the argument that only the rich can please the gods......So if we can erase memories and do away with imprinted social tags, that would be a miracle. I know people find religion a help and all that, but it's no magic bullet and a whole lot of religious people still spend a lot of time hating those from other religions and socioeconomic levels, all in the name of justice.

If you do what is considered noble at this time in our society or strong or bad etc....it is because we were prepped long, long ago.....Can we change it? Here is a great video regarding justice and morality in the absence of free will.

Interesting dude. I don't find any one piece of a system of thought the magic pill, but a marrying of many systems of thought. Mysticism included. Religion has many pitfalls. I don't reject. I find the Easter eggs and move on. Different things for different people. We all have different equations.

I will have to spend some time reading about what he has to say to really understand what Robert is saying.

Last edited:
Interesting dude. I don't find any one piece of a system of thought the magic pill, but a marrying of many systems of thought. Mysticism included. Religion has many pitfalls. I don't reject. I find the Easter eggs and move on. Different things for different people. We all have different equations.

I will have to spend some time reading about what he has to say to really understand what he is saying.

The philosophy of life being a giant Easter egg hunt without stepping in bunny poo. Could be the next Mc-religion. l am clicking the subscribe button. lol

The philosophy of life being a giant Easter egg hunt without stepping in bunny poo. Could be the next Mc-religion. l am clicking the subscribe button. lol

LOL
I think even if we step in bunny poo, we let it pass through as "just an experience". We don't want to become locked together with the emotion and the thought (event). That creates the samskara.
I'm still working on this.

LOL
I think even if we step in bunny poo, we let it pass through as "just an experience". We don't want to become locked together with the emotion and the thought (event). That creates the samskara.
I'm still working on this.

Go through events feeling or *hare* ly* feeling. So sorry. NOT. lol

What do you think of Robert Sapolsky. For me he had some statements of fact, but leaves out quite a lot. He seems to have difficulty answering questions that are valid by saying they are too hard and difficult to answer. I see that he is from a reductionist, mechanistic view. He ignores education or training, such as a yogi changing the physiology of their body systems. Or training of an individual of a certain thought form to engage in new behaviors. Then which is it? The education or the desire for that education? What if the education is forced upon an individual? These are questions that I have. Thanks for sharing the video.

What do you think of Robert Sapolsky. For me he had some statements of fact, but leaves out quite a lot. He seems to have difficulty answering questions that are valid by saying they are too hard and difficult to answer. I see that he is from a reductionist, mechanistic view. He ignores education or training, such as a yogi changing the physiology of their body systems. Or training of an individual of a certain thought form to engage in new behaviors. Then which is it? The education or the desire for that education? What if the education is forced upon an individual? These are questions that I have. Thanks for sharing the video.

Listen to the last 5 minutes. He does say we CAN change, but it is based on circumstance. If you discover Yoga it is because you happen to live in a place it is or found it somewhere, etc. Not everyone does. He has a great last 5 minutes. But it is in context to the entire interview. I would love to know more about what you think about him. I think he's superb and he has helped me a lot. :)

Listen to the last 5 minutes. He does say we CAN change, but it is based on circumstance. If you discover Yoga it is because you happen to live in a place it is or found it somewhere, etc. Not everyone does. He has a great last 5 minutes. But it is in context to the entire interview. I would love to know more about what you think about him. I think he's superb and he has helped me a lot. :)
I see what you are saying. I have a different experience in which I did not have things or opportunities at my disposal, or location but I willed it to appear. And they did! Many times.
Having said that I understand that limitations biologically or socio economic can limit, or be a reason why a person is a certain way. I didn't accept my lot in life. I thought/prayed for things I wanted, although impossible in many ways. So there is some sort of "quantum" or "manifestation" in that, but it also could be explained that I was hardwired for this all along. You could say it was predestined, which is a Calvinist belief.
Have you ever read Gurdjieff, The Forth Way?
You might like to take a look.

I needed this today. Everyday l remind myself to step out of myself figuratively so that l can seize the day (carp diem) , (and for some of us -cat diem☺),instead of having mini-seizures. My ex came to town, and l decided to quit running and face him on my own two feet. I think it helped me.
Well i think that you are awesome and so does everyone else[that matters]
My warrior kitty, Binki-Danah
20210126_073654.jpg
. I just woke her up.

Okay, I'm seeing this topic and having no idea what's going on. Can someone translate whatever the heck is happening here? I mean, I'm used to weird stuff at this point but this is managing to still not make sense to me.

So there is some sort of "quantum" or "manifestation" in that

...This, AGAIN? Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

I see what you are saying. I have a different experience in which I did not have things or opportunities at my disposal, or location but I willed it to appear. And they did! Many times.
Having said that I understand that limitations biologically or socio economic can limit, or be a reason why a person is a certain way. I didn't accept my lot in life. I thought/prayed for things I wanted, although impossible in many ways. So there is some sort of "quantum" or "manifestation" in that, but it also could be explained that I was hardwired for this all along. You could say it was predestined, which is a Calvinist belief.
Have you ever read Gurdjieff, The Forth Way?
You might like to take a look.
I willed and did all that, too, and it never helped. I had as much will and fervor and desire and prayer and asking and willing and did all the study to find out what I was doing wrong, etc etc etc.......I did as much as anyone else and more and nothing manifested. If anything, the specifics I prayed for often got worse. That is just the way it is.

In your case, (Sapolsky may say) you must have been in places where those things could be manifested, you must have known they were there, etc. You are not willing for a jeep so you can meander around The Serengeti. It's what is in your sphere to begin with. It's good that it worked out but you are pedaling backward. It worked out FIRST and then you are looking back and saying it is because you did XY orZ.

New Threads

Top Bottom