• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

That terrifying nightmare episode from Pingu

Turbocks

So I recently watched the most infamous episode of the famous kids tv series Pingu which was a series I used to watch as a young child growing up during the early to mid 2000's.

To simply call it infamous is an understatement because the episode was pulled from the air in several countries including the United Kingdom and The unites states of America.

There are many reasons why this episode is so infamous for scaring young kids but also me who is 19 years old and used to things like horror movies and I am glad I did not see this episode growing up.

1. The general tone of the episode is very different compared to the rest of the show which has a more carefree and fun loving nature versus this episode where bizzare and horrifying things seem to come from absolutely nowhere.

2. The music in this episode is just creepy and unnerving because it really makes it feel like there is something seriously wrong and messed up.

3. The events that happen in this episode is what really get to me because first the igloo flies away which is just creepy on it's own because there is no explanation as to why it happens , then the bed starts to live it's own life which is also creepy for the same above reasons.

4. That freaking Walrus !!!

Don't even get me started on why this thing is the literal stuff of children's nightmares .

The laughter he makes is just terrifying
because it sounds like the laughter of a deranged serial killer.

Then there is the general appearance of this character which was on it's own enough to cause the episode to get banned from airing on tv
and I am glad they did because just look at it with those black soulless eyes and that moustache and just look at those human teeth because they are the stuff of nightmares.

In all honesty watching that episode was
more like watching a horror film than a friendly tv series intended for kids and I have seen horror movies that failed to scare me as much as this episode.

What is your opinion on this episode compared to then and do you still find this episode just as creepy as when you were a child?

I think your observations are valid. However I think it is something kids are apt to not be bothered by and consider funny, whereas others are apt to be creeped out by it. Creepy funny to some, just plain creepy to others.

unsee.gif

I think your observations are valid. However I think it is something kids are apt to not be bothered by and consider funny, whereas others are apt to be creeped out by it. Creepy funny to some, just plain creepy to others.

These are also the two kinds of reactions you will most commonly get showing adults those internet videos that are considered creepiest, like "There is nothing", etc. People are either extremely irritated or think it's laughable and it mostly comes down to their psyche.

I remember that episode. It was quite creepy.
But Lady of the Cold and Groke from the 90s Moomin animation were even scarier.

New Threads

Top Bottom