• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thanksgiving Donation Idea:

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I had read about "Reverse Advent Calendars", where you get a box and put a non perishable food item in it every day of December until Christmas Eve, when you donate it all. But that's a little late for families who need food for the holidays.

Thanksgiving this year is on November 25th. I think if people want to do something like that, they need to start now.

Starting this coming Sunday, October 24th, put one item in a box every day until Sunday, November 21. Donate it all to your local church or food bank on Monday, November 22, to be sure that families get the food by the holiday.

You don't have to just put food in, either. It's a good idea to go to Dollar Tree and pick up socks, mittens, scarves, toothpaste, or little toys, etc to put in the box too. Maybe gift cards to fast food or a grocery store as well.

Another idea is if you know a local family that's struggling, maybe bypass the food bank or church, and donate the box straight to them, a week before Thanksgiving.

You can do the same thing again and make the box, and donate it a week before Christmas as well.

Thanksgiving is on a different date each year?? What the heck! When will I stop learning! It burns!

Thanksgiving is on a different date each year?? What the heck! When will I stop learning! It burns!

Canadian Thanksgiving is always the second weekend (Monday of that weekend) in October so clearly that exact date changes every year... Same idea for the American Thanksgiving I suppose, except late November and a Thursday...

The strangest one is what weekend Easter falls on... Start with the spring equinox, then the first full moon after the equinox, the weekend following that full moon is Easter weekend... That is really how Easter is determined...

While I am not religious, I support a local charity, Benzie Area Christian Neighbors. Earlier this year I donated to Dig Deep, sufficiently to afford a Navajo family a water tank, indoor plumbing and the facilities to run the supply.

Canadian Thanksgiving is always the second weekend (Monday of that weekend) in October so clearly that exact date changes every year... Same idea for the American Thanksgiving I suppose, except late November and a Thursday...

The strangest one is what weekend Easter falls on... Start with the spring equinox, then the first full moon after the equinox, the weekend following that full moon is Easter weekend... That is really how Easter is determined...

I thought it had something to do with Mardi Gras. Then again... when do they decide when Mardi Gras happens?

In my family, the Easter season is very fun, because we get Pesach, Purim, Shavuot, and Easter, among other holidays we celebrate (not listed here). For us, Easter is kind of an afterthought, because wouldn't that just be the third day of Passover? But we love celebrating Easter anyway.

Spring is like like epic celebration time.

I thought it had something to do with Mardi Gras. Then again... when do they decide when Mardi Gras happens?

In my family, the Easter season is very fun, because we get Pesach, Purim, Shavuot, and Easter, among other holidays we celebrate (not listed here). For us, Easter is kind of an afterthought, because wouldn't that just be the third day of Passover? But we love celebrating Easter anyway.

Spring is like like epic celebration time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday

Mardi Gras and/or Fat Tuesday and/or Shrove Tuesday

The last day before Lent (the last party), and Lent does lead up to Easter for certain Christian denominations...

I bring shelt-stable food to the local food donation box each time I order bulk foods for myself. Food actually tastes better knowing I’ve shared a bit.

I had read about "Reverse Advent Calendars", where you get a box and put a non perishable food item in it every day of December until Christmas Eve, when you donate it all. But that's a little late for families who need food for the holidays.

Thanksgiving this year is on November 25th. I think if people want to do something like that, they need to start now.

Starting this coming Sunday, October 24th, put one item in a box every day until Sunday, November 21. Donate it all to your local church or food bank on Monday, November 22, to be sure that families get the food by the holiday.

You don't have to just put food in, either. It's a good idea to go to Dollar Tree and pick up socks, mittens, scarves, toothpaste, or little toys, etc to put in the box too. Maybe gift cards to fast food or a grocery store as well.

Another idea is if you know a local family that's struggling, maybe bypass the food bank or church, and donate the box straight to them, a week before Thanksgiving.

You can do the same thing again and make the box, and donate it a week before Christmas as well.
Start a reverse advent calendar in November so you can take it in December

243113868_10106721753449583_962871275019706174_n.jpg

For the UK! donate money to be specifically used for heating\heating food ,no fresh food that isn't canned ,pet food please!,no!!!!!!! baked beans ,oil is good ,hygiene products ,face masks ,could be lockdown again!if you give soya milk sweetened with apple juice extract, it's the most like stolen cows titty juice,doesn't smell! as there's no animal body fat ,vouchers for a hardware store for can opener if you can't for whatever reason give one !

Another thing!,, like the charity Samaritan's purse shoebox appeal, apparently children crave,colouring pencils, pens! If you do one and you know it's in a Jewish area, you could donate candles, Hanukkah needs 9 candles , many people wouldn't say it! but they would love to see a greeting card(I kept a picture of a rainbow ,that a primary school child, made! they were put in food and toiletry boxes, for people who were classed as clinically vulnerable, in England and Wales last year), just if you have the various elements to make one.

New Threads

Top Bottom