• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thank you all

Shaddock

V.I.P Member
maybe I said this before, but I´m really thankful for this forum, it´s members and moderators (which are also members too). not "just" a single person, but many many friendly people, which are very friendly and write good posts. there are very few people, where the chemistry not fits, but that´s okay, because people are different and I don´t have to write with anyone if I don´t want to.

I feel accepted in this forum, like that I´m welcome. I was in some other forums before, but never had this positive experience like here. I notice most people here as benevolent and good-hearted. even when my posts are sometimes difficult, noone insults me and noones bans me for that. I feel accepted as who I am, with my strengths and weaknesses and that feels very good.

it really help to get these many helpful posts, that I notice that people read and like my posts and I feel less alone since I´m here. I don´t feel judged, I feel like people know that I have difficulties, but that it´s not my purpose and that I´m a friendly person.

I also see many people who help others or help each other and people who are very friendly and cute to each other. and I rarely see people who insult each other or act badly. even in discussions people discuss factual and constructive and about the topic and not get personally.

I really don´t know why this forum here is so good and others are not, maybe it´s just luck or because the friendly people of other forums gone there and went here. don´t know. in other forums I only liked very few people, but here I like or find sympathetic many more.

I really hope that I not scare people off here some day or get banned. but I don´t think or hope so.

I´m really grateful for this forum and all these people and for me it is very important to be here. I just want to say thanks.

Last edited:
Yes I agree this is a friendly and generally accepting, well moderated forum. I am glad you feel accepted here. I hope you are getting along alright after a difficult time.

Yes I think this forum is fairly unique, although I haven't been on many, I recall trying one early in the development of such things and getting immediately attacked by someone claiming I was a troll, it was weird, and not sure if I even knew what a troll was, then, but I decided not to join any more and didn't do so for years. This forum is very different.

I think how a forum is depends on the staff and the most active members and they create an atmosphere similar to themself and function like a gatekeeper. if they are friendly, other friendy people get attracted and stay and are welcomed. but if the staff and most active members are bad people, then the forum is lost and every friendly person don´t goes there or leaves very fast.

I thought some day that forums in general don´t work for me and I never wanted to go there again, because the negative was higher than the positive for me. but in this forum it works lol.

and I feel like little mistakes are tolerated, you can correct them, without getting insulted or banned instantly. I sometimes wrote something not okay (but not insulting) and it got deleted or sometimes I delete it myself, when I realize that it was not okay. the moderators act de-escalating and bring the peace back into conflicts, instead of getting aggressive themselves.

when I was stressed in the forum, I could calm down very fast and don´t felt like the situation was going to escalate. I think this is only possible because many people here are well-adjusted. this is not because many people here are autists. in other autism forums I saw autists acting like a-holes, aggressive and insulting.

being autistic does not mean that you can not be a-hole or a bad person.

some forum owners are more like little wannabe dictators that enjoy it to have might over people and to act arbitrary. everyone can create a forum, it´s nothing special technically. but it´s not easy to moderate and guide it well. a forum should be for the people and not for the forum owner.

the persons who want the most might over other people, should have no/the most less might over other people.

I also like that here are people from every age. from juvenile to elder. never saw that many elder people in a forum lol (not meant negative). and that both genders and even more genders are presented. and people from all countries. and that people don´t act arrogant because they are older.

in the forums I was, there were mostly young people and mostly men.

Last edited:
I second your feeling that this forum is accepting, and agree about mistakes. I have made a few, one egregiously when somebody was blaming their unethical behavior on autism, trying to blame his autism for being a miserable human being.

I've never been on another forum.
When I was diagnosed and I found this one I knew I need not look elsewhere.
There are so many different subjects discussed and the moderators are helpful.
If they need to intervene, they are quite fair and explain why.
I've felt at home here for over 5 years now years now.

The forum and most everyone here are real winners! ;)

Sometimes we bump heads but l accept l have limitations in my thinking now. And perhaps l was triggered and blamed someone, then l reread the post and think maybe that poster is riding a rough phase out in their life, l don't need to judge them but try to understand. By doing this, l am regulating and becoming better in my moods. You have opened up a lot in your posts. It's nice to see you recognize yourself and others here.

New Threads

Top Bottom