• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Telepathy or TeleMpathy?

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
@Telepath John

People think telepathy is the ability to read the mind of another. When it is probably better described as telepathic empathy or telempathy for short. In other words, if we are vibrating at the same frequency, it's not knowing what someone is thinking, but that we are thinking the same thing in the same moment, so it feels like that. Thoughts?

I find that non-verbal children are all telepathic.
Really? That's interesting. What experience have you had with this?

Well, this should be interesting. The concept at it's base is common enough, but I've not seen this variation on the idea before.

I find we are telepathic. Some are more aware of it,some have shut down this part of themselfs.
I think that Autistic people are more intuitive than NTs.

I think that Autistic people are more intuitive than NTs.
I think so too.

I've had a few strange telempathic experiences. One in particular comes to mind.

I was sitting on the floor of my friend's room one evening, when her friend came round to see her. I had never seen her before and was just sitting quietly, not involved in their conversation; they were old friends who hadn't seen each other for a while and were catching up. I listened to some of what she said, when she talked about a recent traumatic experience she'd had with an ex-boyfriend, when suddenly, I found myself feeling like the answers she was giving were exactly the same thing I might say. It wasn't that I knew what she was going to say, it felt like the experience she was describing had happened to me, and this was how I would have talked about it.

Then it got stranger. I began to spontaneously have an internal conversation with her, and the words she used to respond to her friend, which were on a totally different subject, would also reply to me perfectly. Part of me knew this was weird, while at the same time it was happening. I was talking to her in my head, while she was talking to her friend, yet her words replied to my questions, which were completely different to what they were talking about.

I can't remember how long this went on for. I hadn't said anything to her the whole time she was there. There was no hello or goodbye, I was just someone in the room who happened to be there while she was visiting her friend.

Last edited:
@Telepath John

People think telepathy is the ability to read the mind of another. When it is probably better described as telepathic empathy or telempathy for short. In other words, if we are vibrating at the same frequency, it's not knowing what someone is thinking, but that we are thinking the same thing in the same moment, so it feels like that. Thoughts?

telempathy
I like that, nice word.
Communicating silently through feelings and being able to convey large amounts of information in less than a split second.
It can take longer.
To me, telepathy is more about communicating through feelings than thought.

I think so too.

I've had a few strange telempathic experiences. One in particular comes to mind.

I was sitting on the floor of my friends room one evening, when her friend came round to see her. I had never seen her before and was just sitting quietly, not involved in their conversation; they were old friends who hadn't seen each other for a while and were catching up. I listened to some of what she said, when she talked about a recent traumatic experience she'd had with an ex-boyfriend, when suddenly, I found myself feeling like the answers she was giving were exactly the same thing I might say. It wasn't that I knew what she was going to say, it felt like the experience she was describing had happened to me, and this was how I would have talked about it.

Then it got stranger. I began to spontaneously have an internal conversation with her, and the words she used to respond to her friend, which were on a totally different subject, would also reply to me perfectly. Part of me knew this was weird, while at the same time it was happening. I was talking to her in my head, while she was talking to her friend, yet her words replied to my questions, which were completely different to what they were talking about.

I can't remember how long this went on for. I hadn't said anything to her the whole time she was there. There was no hello or goodbye, I was just someone in the room who happened to be there while she was visiting her friend.
I would have given this post an "interesting" rating, but informative will have to do. :)

@Telepath John

Telepathy was defined for me by my primary spirit guide as a Shared Experience. It is a quantum entangled state where each of those conversing telepathically are together energetically. There is no sending or receiving of thoughts. They experience a knowing with each other.
Telepathic conversations are like Self Talk only your self also involves another. Channeling is a form of telepathy. Those conversations are with spirit guides. Consider every human as an immortal spiritual being. For beyond their human intellect is an eternal awareness that does not disappear when they are in human expression. The term I like for this awareness is the Higher Self.
John

Telepathy was defined for me by my primary spirit guide as a Shared Experience. It is a quantum entangled state where each of those conversing telepathically are together energetically. There is no sending or receiving of thoughts. They experience a knowing with each other.
Would you agree this is basically what I said?

I can see how it must be a quantum entangled state.

The term I like for this awareness is the Higher Self.
I like that term too

Now, here's a question: How would someone even know if they're doing this? Or what does it really feel like? Does it vary?

I've had more than a few experiences that COULD be this, but heck if I know. Typically, I'll know what someone wants to hear at any given time, even when dealing with a stranger... it's how I used to get jobs, back when I worked (and boy did I have a lot of jobs over those few years... yeah I wasnt a very good employee). Tell an interviewer just the right thing, after all, and they will generally hire you... simple as that. This effect or whatever it might be is extremely reliable and useful in a great many situations.

But how does that work? WHY does it work? I have no idea. Never did. How would one know what causes something like that to be doable? Yet another funky quantum thing? Or just something more mundane?

So many questions.

All I know is my son who is non-verbal can "speak" a lot without words. We almost always know what he wants and he's very sensitive to moods of others, especially my wife.

All I know is my son who is non-verbal can "speak" a lot without words. We almost always know what he wants and he's very sensitive to moods of others, especially my wife.
Do you feel you may be picking things up in a kind of telepathic way, or is it just that you're so used to how he communicates that perhaps you see things most people don't, so to someone observing it might just look like that?

Now, here's a question: How would someone even know if they're doing this? Or what does it really feel like? Does it vary?

I sense it is very different for most of us. We are all quite unique.

But how does that work? WHY does it work? I have no idea. Never did. How would one know what causes something like that to be doable? Yet another funky quantum thing? Or just something more mundane?

So many questions.

I have been considering that those who are in this autistic spectrum actually think and reflect differently than those not in this category. I do know that for me I do think differently. There most likely are many reasons for this. One of them being the theory that autistic's brain patterns are, dare I say it, more evolved.

For humanity to actually evolve itself there needs to be ways of thinking which are more elevated. There are many genius people in that strictly linear thinking category. That is not the same kind of thing I am talking about in this instance.

Any way I am being guided to consider these things as authentic potentials.

John

I've had more than a few experiences that COULD be this, but heck if I know. Typically, I'll know what someone wants to hear at any given time, even when dealing with a stranger... it's how I used to get jobs, back when I worked (and boy did I have a lot of jobs over those few years... yeah I wasnt a very good employee). Tell an interviewer just the right thing, after all, and they will generally hire you... simple as that. This effect or whatever it might be is extremely reliable and useful in a great many situations.

So many questions.
The science bit confuses me, yet science can of course be spiritual.

For me, telepathy is communication in silence between two entities, with high empathy, using feelings.
Where words come in is when the mind translates those feelings, like with animal communicators, so that the animal communicator can then go on to tell a person what that animal wants, or has to communicate.
You might want to look at this animal communicator for clarification, she puts it better than me. The Animal Communicator | AnimalSpirit
Of course humans can communicate telepathically through feelings.

I once mentioned on here that I think ancient humans communicated telepathically and language and speech was used only for the art of storytelling to pass wisdom down to future generations. These stories are myth and folklore.

New Threads

Top Bottom